Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

To anyone who has played this with other people, do you think this game is an excuse for those folks to say ‘bad things?”

I always find it more amusing that a lot of the people I’ve had to play it with just think it’s the funniest thing ever and think they’re all being so “bad” by saying all the stuff on the cards.

I can only guess this must be the ONLY time these folks must say this kind of shit or something. Because most of the stuff on the cards is like Tuesday here at CYS. (Most of which I’ve probably contributed)

Granted I thought it was a funny game too the first few times, but eh, I’d still rather play a real game on a board game night.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I've played the online version. It was a lot of fun.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago
It's amusing in small doses. Less so when you play with morons that toss out cards that require more than one to be played at a time (because that's too complex for their tiny brains) and half the rest of the other cards (because they're trying to rival the intellect of a horse and don't know what things are).

... I know some very stupid people.

EDIT: I think Settlers of Catan is one of the better games for a game night or small party. Plenty of opportunities to turn it into a drinking game to boot.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Yeah I mean it can still be fun, I’m probably just tired of people always wanting to play it.

I’d still pick it over Apples to Apples, one of the many Werewolf clones (Everyone yelling and screaming like an idiot on those too usually) or other party games.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I really enjoy the game, I just never have enough people to play it with.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Try talking to stormy sometime. (That, or I can try inviting you next time we all play. The group of friends we hang out with are usually up for some form of online party game.)

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I won't mind doing that.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

(That'd be awesome). But... who's Stormy?

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Soundstorm. A site member, just not a very talkative one on the forums--granted, personally, we talk pretty much daily.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Huh. Alright, I'll hit him/her/omnisexual gender-fluid helicopter up later.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I used to play CAH quite a bit but got a little burned out on it. Haven't bothered since I lost track of the custom decks we would use. There's so many of the things and half of them aren't funny, or else just extremely injokey. 

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I remember everyone calling me innocent when I first joined.

...except every time I've played that game I've won. Dunno quite yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Every time I've played, it's been with people who know how to make it funny, without face-palm worthy. Granted, there's always a few rounds where no one has any good cards. But overall, it's quite fun.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Sometimes I wonder why people even bother posting in the Lounge at all, the way posts and even entire threads just mysteriously disappear here so often for no understandable reason.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago
Are you suggesting it's almost like someone has a personal agenda? Ha, you bloody conspiracy theorist!

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

She Who Must Not Be Spoken of Except With All Due Reverence is a person who loves CYStians and our unique brand of humor. She wants us all crashing her CAH games and otherwise hanging out and chatting with her at all times, and has specifically declared this to be so. Our twats really have far more in common with pancakes then waffles. Waffles don't even exist. CYS has always been at war with Eastasia.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Feefees. Feefees get hurthurt and sooksook. And other childish words, cause when you're dealing with a child, need to use appropriate language.

Dish, but not take. And even the dishing is a measly meal, of wormy statements that bore.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

What was that one game about Viking conquest? I played it once at Gary Con and had a very foggy-at-best idea what I was doing, but it was still fun. I'd bust it out if people came over for board games.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Sounds entralling. Nothing says good fun like Vikings. Food, drinking, women, songs, honest merchants honest! They have it all, even bluetooth.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I hate you both because I'm browsing boardgamegeek now looking at Viking games and I'm too poor for all these. (And have no friends that aren't battery operated *sniffle*)

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Oh, it'it's fine, you just have to get battery-operated boardgames. I'm too poor to ever dream of playing Warhammer, but the new installment of Total War seems to amount to about the same experience in real time with animations.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

.... Or, y'know, we can just play some Chess.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

People still play chess?

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

V.V

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

There have been more than a few Viking themed games that have come out in recent years, but the one that I caught my eye was Blood Rage.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/170216/blood-rage

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I don't know, I quite like Cards against humanity, but I'm also more than happy to spew out some awful things to say. 

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago
I think it can be a really great game but it's so dependent on the people you play with. Honestly, the game isn't about throwing down the most offensive card ("HA PUSSY"), you gotta use them with CLASS *shakes fist. Have a bit of wit! Quality humour done with style dammit.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

Personally, I've played my fair share of CAH, and it's quite fun if you get the right cards dealt, or even make your own deck on Cardcast. That way, you can crack inside jokes in a game that was originally offensive.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I've never thought of it that way. I mean, an excuse to say bad things.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I don't understand that game. So you basically finish each other's statements with cards that contain offensive stuff? Is that the gist of it? I've seen people play it, but I can never get the concept.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

The purpose is to wake up the oppressed people who believe in PC.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago
The game with Morgan and Briar was fun.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago

I think they're tame. I purposely yell out shit that will evidently require the response, "Stop slut shaming," whatever the fuck that means. So, yes, I like to yell it out within the context of games, where I can't get shouted down.

Cards Against Humanity

7 years ago
Have you now, or have you ever, gone by the alias of Randall Flagg?