Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

I haven't seen any discussions about EndMaster's "Eternal" yet so I made a thread to discuss it.

What was your favorite path and ending? What are your thoughts on the Eternal? Did you dislike any aspects of the story?

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

What was your favorite path and ending?

Probably the “Struggle” path and ultimately where the Eternal chooses to die before the Death God and reunites with Alison.

What are your thoughts on the Eternal?

His real name is funnier.

Did you dislike any aspects of the story?

No. It came out damn near perfect for how I envisioned it. I might have had a few more bits with the Derro like I did plan to, but the story just wasn’t flowing in that direction so some of it got cut along with a few other minor things. Still, like I said, came out pretty much how I wanted it to.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

What's his real name?

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

Also, I recently found out that the Death God is the Necromancer from "Necromancer." 

Holy shit.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

You can find out in a different story!

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

What's his real name?

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

As I said, you can find out in a different story.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

Suzy's Strange Saga?

What are your favorite endings from the Beg and Die paths?

What's your least favorite ending?

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

1. Yes.

2. For Beg, Eternal Couple. For Die, Eternal Survivor.

3. Eternal Savior.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

Eternal Savior is the one where you exile the dark elf right?

Is Eternal Couple is the one with Brenda?

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

Yes to both of those.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

Wow. Those are the ones I played through today. I agree. I've always had a soft spot for the Shadow path though.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

Shadow path was almost one of those I was thinking about cutting out since originally “Die” was going to be exactly that!

However, I ultimately decided that it probably would be interesting to see an opposing side to the Empire. One path that did get cut short was where you remain a shadow, but stay loyal to the Emperor.

I kept going back and forth on whether or not to do a whole path on that and while it might have set up something interesting too I decided that there was no way the Empire was going to let one shadow live even one that helped them since they were pretty dedicated to eliminating them by that point.

Also I kept playing it out in my head and it felt like it would have just been similar to one of the warrior paths except in shadow clothing.

Still, I liked the whole idea of the protagonist becoming the “last shadow” so I just explored that in the last chapter leading to the Eternal Survivor epilogue.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

That's really cool! That was the first epilogue I got. I was like 12 and I couldn't understand certain parts, but that night I decided that school was unimportant and I was going to binge on your stuff. The next day I tag teamed Necromancer and Death Song.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

There was plenty of discussion when it first came out, and leading up to its release. You don't see many new posts now because pretty much every one on the site has already played and discussed it.

Eternal Discussion

7 years ago

I swear, you guys have at least one post in every forum, I see you guys all the time.

Not that that's a bad thing.