Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Editor

7 years ago

I am in need of an editor who will look over my game before I wanna publish (not right now but I need an editor so I don't search last minute) I ask for someone over 100 Xp has been an editor for 2 games and is high school or higher but I will take others if no one meets that criteria.

Editor

7 years ago

Over 100xp: Doesn't actually mean much. The least that says about somebody is that they've rated a bunch of troll stories for the free point, and, more often than not, it's true.

Has been editor for 2 games: Maybe 20 people on the entire site have done that shit, including the 15-17 who are rarely/never on anymore, and that's a generous estimate.

Highschool age or Higher: You'll get a lot farther just saying "Must not be an annoying twelve year old".

In other news, I need a person to caddy my golf bag, just so I don't have to carry the bag in a last-minute rush everywhere I go. I need someone who can boil spaghetti, has mastered more than one type of Kung Fu, and is of the legal age of consent in most states.

Editor

7 years ago

. ... Ooookkkkk

Editor

7 years ago

RE: Your ad what I read

I noticed you were looking for a caddy carrier/spaghetti boiler/Kung Fu master/I won't ask why, and wondered if this had to be all rolled into one guy, or if four individual guys in a box would do the same job.

I only ask because I still haven't got that spaghetti al dente.

By the by, can you explain to me the different sticks in golf? Then, having done that, could you explain why cricket only has one stick? What if I want to hit the ball gently? The stick is way too big!

Hope you find the guy for you anyhow.

Editor

7 years ago

You don't need to know anything about the golf sticks! It'It's not like I would need golf sticks to improve my golfing, I mean, it's not like he asked for good grammar and writing skills in an editor, why would I need golf knowledge in a caddy!?

Editor

7 years ago
Sorry I missed your job opportunity posting earlier. I am interested in this position you seek. What does the job pay, and does it depend on how many hot dog stickers I have with me on Monday? Instead of carrying your golf bag, I would instead prefer to drive your car for you (to the local dog park). I could boil the spaghetti for you, but instead I think it would be better if I simply emptied your trash can, I hope that's okay. On the Kung Fu thing, I will order you some General Tso's chicken.

Finally, please send me your bank account number and other forms of ID so I can start processing this transaction since my late Nigerian Aunt has millions of dollars (US) and I need to share them with you only after you send me some money for this job you have the needing of being done.

Editor

7 years ago
I've proofread quite a few stories for members who are actually willing to do the hard work and not just hash something together.  I'd be more than happy to give your story a once over if you actually put some effort into it, but at the same time reserve the right to decline if it appears like your heart isn't really in it.

Editor

7 years ago

If he means the gladiator game, you can read it right now and form your own opinions.

Editor

7 years ago

Is your goal to be a jerk to everyone?

Editor

7 years ago

Excuse me?

I'm not sure I follow, you'll have to clarify what specifically you found offensive about that post.

Editor

7 years ago

Really make your own opinions. And remember when you just insulted my story for no reason? 

Editor

7 years ago
Is it offensive to form one's own opinion on things now? I must be getting old.

EDIT: For what it's worth, your rash indignation has helped me form my own first impression opinion of you already. And it's quite poor.

Editor

7 years ago

Ok I'm a vegetarian and judging by your profile picture we would never be friends

Editor

7 years ago

It's a buck's skull on a bush.

That can happen in the wild you know. Animals eat the carcass and toss around the bones, and the remaining flesh dries out from the sun and crumbles away from the bone, leaving behind a perfect skull.

Editor

7 years ago

Those animals are disgusting and WRONG and morally bankrupt for eating meat though.

Editor

7 years ago
Seeing as I found it while hiking, Lemons wins the prize.

Editor

7 years ago

Are we talking about the 'click once to live or die' thing that was removed for not being a CYOA and not meeting site standards?

Because I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one who rated it, and obviously I wasn't the one who removed it.\

And you're still not answering my question of what was so offensive and upsetting about my response to IAP's post.

Editor

7 years ago

Classic Mizal, being a massive bitch to a guy who's done nothing wrong. Get your house in order, Mizal.

Editor

7 years ago

I will admit, Mizal can be a jerk. However, insult her where it's due, not for no apparent reason. She was being helpful you dickwod.

Editor

7 years ago

I do care about it is just a really long story and I don't want criticism for my junior high writing

Editor

7 years ago
There are a lot of young writers on the site, so I try not to judge.  And I'm more than willing to offer an opinion if asked.  The reason we're here is to learn and grow as writers, right?  Mostly, I just point out typos, missing words, unclear sentences, etc.

Editor

7 years ago

Ok I'm mostly deciding between you and derpbacon 

Editor

7 years ago
Why choose one or the other?  I wouldn't expect to be a co-author, just a proofreader.  And the more mistakes that are found before publishing — the better.

Editor

7 years ago

Ok how do you proofread?

Editor

7 years ago
The best way is to leave the 'sneak preview' turned on and either PM a link to the game page or post the link in the forums and request proofreaders/beta-testers.

Editor

7 years ago

Um. No thanks.

Editor

7 years ago

The story in question is open for viewing, whether his 'heart is really in it' or not is a matter of opinion, which is why I suggested you have a look for yourself.  Somehow this caused a meltdown but meh, that's the internet for you.

Editor

7 years ago
I wasn't sure if that was the story he meant and was just too lazy to go poking around...

Yeah, it used to happen to me nearly every time I posted, so I've tried to avoid the forums for the most part and only lurk.  I have enough real life problems to deal with as it is...

Editor

7 years ago

100+ EXP =/= experienced writer. Keep that in mind.

Editor

7 years ago

I will keep you in mind if no one else offers I will take you I just prefer someone with a published story as I notice you have seven unpublished stories

Editor

7 years ago

@DerpBacon, really, you're getting a bit above your station here. Offering advice to a newbie with no less than seven unpublished games in your profile? The nerve!

Editor

7 years ago

Excuse me a noob? Oh wow considering I can easily make a better liked game than you

Editor

7 years ago

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO MIZAL IS

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Editor

7 years ago
Nothing I can't handle.

Editor

7 years ago

"I like Criticism it makes you strong- Lebron James."

It's so funny you have that quote in your profile when you seem to be incapable of liking criticism.

Editor

7 years ago

I do just mizal knows we hate each other because he insulted my story for no reason

Editor

7 years ago

Mizal is a she, and everyone insulted your story because it was awful.

Editor

7 years ago

Oh I see your one of mizal's friends.

Editor

7 years ago

I don't even like Mizal. I don't like half the people here because I don't know them. All of them come off as narcissists to me because I've never met them and I know them exclusively from their forum posts.

They don't even like me. I'm annoying over the internet and can come off as a troll.

What matters on this website is writing good storygames. People could hate EndMaster on this website and despise them but they're still going to admit he's a good writer.

Editor

7 years ago

Sure (Sarcasm)

Editor

7 years ago

look i'm tired and in a bad mood right now. things have been stressful at home lately for me, so i started to revert back to the internet personality i had on other writing websites that make people love to hate me.

my point still stands, i just could have explained it in a less asshole-ish manner instead of acting like a douche.

sorry.

Editor

7 years ago

Yeah I'm sorry too I should've  just taken your criticism but not mizal's

Editor

7 years ago

it's cool, it's cool.

Editor

7 years ago

Swedish, didn't your mother ever teach you not to apologize to trolls? Dude's going around deliberately antagonizing everyone in this thread, it's okay to tell him to fuck off.

Editor

7 years ago

People thought I was a troll when I first started out writing. Straight up broke my will to write, made me feel like crap, lead to a period of depression and near-suicide, and then finally passed once I learned proper grammar and started to write for myself rather than for than for the admiration of others.

(although I think they had much more severe threats and insults than the ones on this thread)

So no, it's not okay. If it wasn't okay for me, it's not okay for him. I'm not going to put someone through what I went through just because I'm having a bad day.

Editor

7 years ago

You wanna do some duels or make a game together? I prefer duels :D

Editor

7 years ago

Your the only troll here

Editor

7 years ago

Mizal isn't a troll.

Editor

7 years ago

Meh, I think she is

Editor

7 years ago

She's been here for five years. She's not.

Editor

7 years ago

So an experienced troll?

Editor

7 years ago

A really experienced troll who can cover their tracks?

Editor

7 years ago

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU

I TAKE EVERYTHING BACK. MIZAL SHOULD FUCKING EAT YOUR LIVER.

I fucking share something personal to me that I live with every day and you act like this. You really are a troll.

EDIT: Actually I should eat your liver. I've had an interest in that sort of thing for a while now. Mizal can tear it out though, I suppose?

Editor

7 years ago

Yep friends with mizal alright

Editor

7 years ago

Think I'll leave you to it, Lemons. He's not very good at this troll thing, too dull and unsubtle and not really worth much time IMO.

Shit, I'm not even supposed to be in the Lounge...though this is a thread that belonged in the Workshop anyway.

Editor

7 years ago

Either go full blood and make an apology thread,or don't apologize, especially when you're in the right. 

Editor

7 years ago

Apology threads are so last month. It's all about the anniversaries now.

Editor

7 years ago

Meh, Robin's a troll, I already had all the interaction with him I cared to back when he was sending outraged PMs about his one-click 'story' being unpublished.

Editor

7 years ago

No I understood that you just said it wasn't a game or a story which was completely stupid because it was obviously a game 

Editor

7 years ago

exactly, it was a game and not a you're storygame like you're intended to write here.

Editor

7 years ago

Yes and Seto made me realize that and I understand why it was unpublished it was just mizal's reaction that ticked me off

Editor

7 years ago

Nothing wrong with being new.

Editor

7 years ago

Thank you because being new to this site doesn't make you a bad writer

Editor

7 years ago

Yeah, but you aren't exactly doing yourself any favors. Just take the criticism and move on

Editor

7 years ago

Ok thx

Editor

7 years ago

Yeah. But they are a reflection of... um, effort in general?

Editor

7 years ago

What is?

Editor

7 years ago

Editor

7 years ago

How did you do that?

Editor

7 years ago

She posted a GIF.

Editor

7 years ago

How do you do that?

Editor

7 years ago

On phpbb you'd post a link with an [img] tag. Here? Probably html or something, I dunno.

Editor

7 years ago

Oh I will probably figure it out once I'm on this site for a little longer

Editor

7 years ago

Quantum physics and plenty of apple juice.

Editor

7 years ago

I read your profile and you said your friends with Seto I will tell you right now he is a great guy because as soon as I got this and I needed help he helped majorly and now we are still talking and are great friends

Editor

7 years ago

Friends? Lol, it simply says we're currently sharing the same backgrounds on our profiles. I don't have any friends. Though I am happy for you that you found someone that you can call that on here! :D

Editor

7 years ago

Oh but also how do I use a background?

Editor

7 years ago

o:

Are you interested in having the same one as me and Seto as well? I helped eshspoyeofdoom with his if you're curious in others, other backgrounds I mean.

Edit: I forgot he reverted back to the plain one, oops. I don't feel like editing this too much though. *shrugs*

Editor

7 years ago

Virgin sacrifice and a close working relationship with Satan.

Editor

7 years ago

I'm done I will just make the story on my own

Editor

7 years ago

No one's forcing you to do anything, bro. Just make quality storygames if you're actually going to write.

Editor

7 years ago

I find it funny that Robin singled out Mizal because she was female.

Robin is obviously just another typical knuckle dragging MRA misogynist. No more need to pay attention to him.

Editor

7 years ago

So as I'm reading over this thread, it occurred to me that you are in junior high. In that case, I laugh at you. Even as we are fellow junior high students, I have to laugh because the words I have written here are possibly superior to what you've written in nearly every way. If you're going to request a experienced proofreader, I hope you are experienced yourself or prepare yourself for blunt criticism. 

Editor

7 years ago
A good idea when asking for an editor is to not antagonise everyone in the thread.