Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Page won't show up on item effect. Please help!

7 years ago

Hello there, i have a bit of a problem. Actually, its more like a big problem. I created a page called starting class, but when i go to the effects for if used on ___ page, it wont show up. I need it to continue my story. Thanks, alex.

7 years ago
I'm really not sure what you're asking here. You created one page, it sounds like. But something about an item? And the page for the item use? Using items can lead to any page you like, but I usually create the page first...

7 years ago

Well in any case, she's asking Alex. We can just wait for him to answer. :)

7 years ago

*twenty years later*

...don't think he's gonna come.

7 years ago

Oh... No i didn't mean that, sorry! MY name is alex and when i said 
Thanks, Alex, i meant it as like saying from,me,  alex. Hope that clears it up! I am really asking anyone who could help me! What i mean for my question is, so i have a lot of pages, and my story game is about a school. Do you know when you want to make the item go to a different page whenever used on a certain page? Well, im trying tp do that, but that "certain page" i want won't show up on any of the page options, for the "currant page", but it still shows up on the part where you choose what page you want it to go to, AND it still appears on my list of pages. Am really confused about how it all works but praying that someone will understand and know the answer because i need it to work to continue my story.

7 years ago
I not quite sure I understand yet...

If you want an item to have an effect on a specific page, you should go to the item. When editing an item there is a section that says, "Item Effects." In that section there should be a link to "[Add New Effect]." When you click on that link, a page should pop up. In that page there should be two boxes. The top box is "When used on page..." and the bottom box is "...go to page." Each box should list all the pages in your story. You should be able to select one item from the top box and one item from the bottom box. You should then click the "Okay" button and it all works.

It sounds like you are saying the page you want does not appear in the top box? Sometimes the pages scroll off the page, there should be a scroll bar on the right side of the box. If you page names are long, you might have to scroll to the right in the window to see the scroll bar. If that all sounds right and you don't see the page there, I'm not sure what to tell you. All the pages for all the chapters of my story show up there...

7 years ago

Yes finally someone undertsands!!! Thank you, so yes, the page i want does not appear in the top box, but it still shows up on my list of pages and on the bottum box. Well, at least now i know whT to say when i ask someone else! Tyanks again!!!

7 years ago
Hmmm...I just checked in one of my stories. I can get a page to NOT show up in the top box if it has already been defined. Are you sure you haven't already used that page, in which case it should show up in the list after "Item Effects?"

7 years ago

Okay thanks i will check and see!