Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

I'm kinda bad with names, can you help me out?

7 years ago

Here's the deal, I've been working on this story for about 5 or 6 years now. I have most of the events laid out, the plot, the company characters and basically I nearly have everything I need. However the problem here is I can't think of a name for the story. 

Let me fill you guys and girls in so you can help me out... In this world I've created, one percent of the population have what I call 'gifts', gifts are super human abilities that need to be unlocked through a certain action or emotional level. (Extremely happy, sad,  etc.) The antagonist of the story (Ace) has an ability that doesn't need to be unlocked, which are assistant (a voice in ones head that can enhance ones senses, tell you what happened while you were sleeping and wake you up immediately if you're in danger. It can do a few other things but that will be discussed later) and gifted sight (allows the user to see who has gifts and how to unlock them though auras, the colors of auras are red, blue, gray, purple and gold. Reds are selfish, blues are selfless, grays stay the same after activation, purples destroy the world and golds save it.) One day Ace finds the protagonist and sees his gifts and how to unlock them. The protagonist gifts are toughness, (this makes the users body very adaptable, and make them denser or more flexible or etc. allowing them to take more pressure and damage but only to a limit, can be upgraded to a limit without taking lives, or can be upgraded to its maximum by killing others.)  and time dilation. (Whenever adrenaline runs through the users body, it makes the heart beat and record breaking speeds, slowing down the point of view of the user and increasing his speed to be faster than bullets. This can be upgraded to a limit without taking lives, or can be upgraded to its maximum by killing others.) and that the only way to unlock it is through loss of his family. Forcing himself to make a choice, Ace does just that, and activates the gifts. The protagonist makes some new friends, changes his name to Duke, becomes a vigilante and hunts Ace down. With this being said I have two missions for you.

Help me find a name for the story

Help me find a name for the young protagonist.

Lastly, if someone killed off your family, but you got powers because of it, would you hunt the guy down or no? If you would, what would you do with him when you found him and if not, why?

Thanks for the support (assuming you give me some) 

Lightstar100

7 years ago
Story name: Color world. Super color world. The supers. The one percent. Duke's Revenge. Vigilante mission.

Protagonist name: Duke

Hunt down: Duh. Who wouldn't? I think that most would kill the guy. Of course, that wouldn't actually bring closure, so you could work on the whole "I was going to kill him, but it isn't worth it" story line as well.

7 years ago

I like the names 'one percent' and 'the supers', so thanks, also he can't start out with the name Duke because that's the name that the protagonist changes the name too, when the story is done you'll know why. Also I was going to make the whole story the players choice, they can kill or spare, or if special knowledge is gained they can avoid the fight as a whole.

Thanks for your support and input. 

Lightstar100

7 years ago

'Sentiment', because giving someone a present is considered a good sentiment and sentiment is also a synonym for pleasant emotions.

Liam.

I would eat him.

7 years ago

Thank you, I like the name a lot and that story title makes a lot of sense going off the lore. (God I hope I spelled that right)