Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Greetings and Salutations.

7 years ago

I discovered this site about a week ago, and thought i might as well make an account. And apparently, introducing yourself to others in this site is a thing. So, here i am, wonderful people!

I would like for you, experienced users, to recommend me some stories. I am particularly looking for something short n' sweet for now, but if you think i GOTTA see something that might not fit that description, i'll trust you. I am open to any genres and any type of content, so shoot with the best you got!

7 years ago

Hey there! You can call me Zag, and I can't think of any short stories right now. However, if you ever get pangs for a more wholesome storygame, check out Dungeon Stompage it's one of my favorites.

Clicky-poo: http://chooseyourstory.com/story/dungeon-stompage~21

7 years ago

Hi, Zag! i'll take a look. Thanks for the recommendation!

7 years ago

I'm just shamelessly promoting here, but two of my (only) games are short and I found Foreign Entity to be pretty satisfying.

Hallway

Foreign Entity

7 years ago

Shamelessly self promoting is very well respected amongst my people, worry not (?

7 years ago

In other words, even you agree Hallway's a piece of shit. 

7 years ago

Just because Foreign Entity is better doesn't make Hallway bad.

At least Hallway has more than one ending, unlike The Flame which is for some reason praised despite having no choices of consequence. I'm not bashing The Flame though, I'm just pointing out the double-standard enforced onto my game for some reason.

7 years ago

Never played the Flame, so I can't speak for it, but Hallway was a shit and boring game, in all honesty.

7 years ago

Hallway is a shitty, discount Flame. 

7 years ago

Hallway really reminded me of One Single Outcome? 

I think it's fine, I can say that now because I replayed it to get the intended ending for the player. I think the narrative was fine but maybe there could have been slight alterations to the beginning every time the player begun again, taking account and acknowledging the sense of deja vu even if in a subtle manner?  :3 Well, it's definitely not as terrible as people proclaim it to be in my opinion. 

7 years ago

This one is one is my #1 favorite on the site. :3 Compared to other stories, at least. I find it keeps a very nice bitter-sweet tone for the majority of the story. Of course, it isn't finished. The author unpublished it to add onto it, but then soon after became inactive. The mods reposted it because it would be a shame to let it wallow in the dark, finished or not. As far as I know, that's the only story that's ever happened to.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-devil's-fire

There's also Snow, Farewell My Childhood self, and several others in the short an' sweet theme that I can't recall the name of currently. I personally find they aren't my cup o tea, exactly, but I will say that despite it, they're well written to tug at the heart strings a little in so few pages.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/farewell,-my-childhood-self

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/snow

7 years ago

Thank you for the recommendations!

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

7 years ago

Hi! I hope so too.

7 years ago

Welcome to the site. Enjoy the storygames.

7 years ago

That i will. :)

7 years ago

Try the top rated storygames list. Self-explanatory. Those are the best.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask me or the other guys.

7 years ago

Hello and welcome! Enjoy your stay!

7 years ago
Hello and weclome Jossie! :3

I recommend playing this
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/4-little-mice
Its is really cute xD

7 years ago

Cute things are my favourite things,  thanks Seto!

7 years ago

Speaking of shameless self promotion, I have two games that are both short and shit!

They range from cringeworthy to cringeworthy, but people seem to think they're okay, so I suppose you could say they're like Sharknado. And then there's Snow, which I can't rightly access the link to, but I remember it being both short and good.

7 years ago

Im glad we know how to promote ourselves over here ...

I already read Snow. T'was fun. Will keep your short n' shit stories in mind for later!

7 years ago
They are actually really, really funny x3

And >.> I just realized I spelled "Welcome" wrong.
Just...just ignore that. Please.

7 years ago

I'm trying but ... its ... so ... HARD.

7 years ago

Hello. Check out the Multiverse Chalkboard (it's short and sci-fi), it's one of my favorite.