Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

As some of you know, I'm a Louisianian. We've had a tough time of it over the weekend, with historic flash flooding, six people dead and countless who have lost their homes and their livelihoods. It doesn't seem the national news outlets have given us much notice with the Milwaukee shooting and Trump and such. I'm fine, but others aren't. So, if you're the praying sort, please keep Louisiana and its people in your prayers. If you want to donate, the Red Cross has a fund up for flood victims.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Media cares only of double digits.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Sorry, Louisiana. Man, I'm actually happy about where I live for once...

I'm going to keep that in mind. Hope you, your family, and your friends are all safe :)

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Thank you, AYT. I have family members that lost everything, but they are safe. My poor grandmother lost her home of over 50 years that her deceased husband built. It's a heartbreaking time.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I usually watch Fox News for national news and they've mentioned the flood on every show so far. Milwaukee is only news because of the BLM shitheads.

Anyway, best of wishes to you. I have a couple of friends that live in Baton Rouge. Thankfully they didn't die in the flood and they're mostly okay.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

That many people in Milwaukee get shot every day, it only seems to get out of the local news when one or a few people do all the shooting. Every time I actually tune in to the news where I live, I always get this, in assorted order:

Random obligatory happy event,

Random crime/disaster,

Some dinner or fair event or whathaveyou happening at these times on said days,

The semi-daily murder.

Like, seriously, they have a 24-hour channel, too. So you can just check in and see it all. Was there a murder? If yes, was the perpetrator arrested or also shot? (Murderers seem to have a fifty-fifty chance of living when police arrive) if no? Fine, we'll continue covering the investigation until the police finally do shoot him, or some other poor bastard gets murdered.

Check in 2 hours from now for another murder from the Southern Wisconsin News team! Tune in at 12, our weatherman is going to walk around a map of Milwaukee and show all the parts of Milwaukee where there will be showers and a slight chance of murder! Tune in at 3 tomorrow, we'll show you the guy who broke in and murdered the weatherman! Tune in afer these commercials and we'll murder the anchorman! Hell, we'll murder the sportscasters at this rate! Did you hear about the puppy fair grand opening on the outskirts of Racine? Well, go there! A local bakery baked a free birthday cake for a 3 year old with terminal hemorrhoids, and all the Packers were there! Also, a Milwaukee man was murdered allegedly trying to walk to the puppy fair! This just in: Historians found that the Edmund Fitzgerald actually made it into Milwaukee's docks, where it was promptly shot and sunk by a murderer! WHY DOES TUCSON HAVE THE REPUTATION MILWAUKEE SHOULD HAVE!? SOMEONE HELP! ACTUALLY DON'T HELP US, PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE JUST GOING TO BICKER ABOUT YOUR DECISIONS. FLOOD VICTIMS ARE MORE STRAOGHTFOR- Wait a second, WHICH ONE OF YOU ASSHOLES SHOT ME!?

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I...I don't know how to respond to that.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

pssh. and people claim climate change isn't real.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Totally on point there, Lemons. This comment was totally relevant and a good response.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

was that sarcastic

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Yes, Lemons. You know it's sarcasm because I think you're a twat.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

gee thanks steve

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I assumed you knew that, because you're shitty.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

someone's in a bad mood

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Not really. You're just a dick. I mean, you complained a shit ton when people insulted your shitty, pretentious game, you've annoyed people for the sake of it, you even replied to someone talking about a siblings death by only saying "how'd he die?"

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

sheesh well excuse you.

EDIT: also the game itself can't be defined as pretentious. That's an improper adjective in relation to the context.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Dude, don't act like you think those things could possibly be ok.

And now you're being pretentious again.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

The only thing I could possibly see that I did wrong was maybe asking Briar how her sibling died rather than comforting her. Even so, I kind of don't feel empathy so I kind of don't really care.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Could there be a more dickbag line than that second line.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Pretty sure I've mentioned before I have ASPD. There's no real treatments so yes, I act in a societally frowned on manner. More so over the internet due to the lack of social repercussions.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Dude, because being a cunt is a condition does not make your any less of a cunt.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Maybe so, but it also lets me guilt society into thinking I'm not morally responsible for my actions.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Once again, another shit-bag thing to say.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Once again, you act like I care.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Well, that's a blatant appeal to emotion. You can hold somebody responsible for their actions so long as they're mentally fit to stand trial. You may have a disorder, but you're not insane, so people who don't give a fuck (read: Nearly everyone on the internet this side of the Tumblr spectrum) will hold you accountable for being a dick when you're being a dick.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago
Yeah, that last one was incredibly uncouth. Lemons, you should be deeply ashamed and disgusted with yourself. Not to mention, you definitely owe a certain someone an apology for that.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Yeah, Bucky's right, you owe for an apology.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

>User says he's a psychopath.

>Tell him to apologize.

Alright, now that's almost funny. I mean, either Swede's just being an edgy dick, in which case the apology would be meaningless and attempt to be provocative if anything, or Swede's actually got ASPD, in which case... The apology would be meaningless and attempt to be provocative if anything. You can't argue with somebody who says "Being a cunt is my psychological condition, so I can guilt people into forgiving me for being a cunt!" By saying, "That's dickish. You should apologize and stop being so dickish." Because it won't happen, or if it does it's in the most superficial way, because that's just not something they'll understand.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I'd say LemonAIDS is more of a whiny bitch than an edgy dick. He's the first one to whine and cry like a LOOOOOSER about his hurt feelings when people are being "mean" about his shitty story.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Hey, you can be both. I mean, pretending to be ASPD because all the cool method actors do it these days always falls into edgy dick territory, regardless of how whiny the are in their spare time.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

For what?

I asked Briar. I said it wasn't my place. She told me anyways. If she had gotten mad or told me that wasn't something she wanted to share, I'd have been fine with that.

I hardly know Briar. A shallow attempt at comforting her from over the internet won't change anything and even if I was trying to comfort her, saying something like "no one could've stopped it from happening. It's just out of anyone's control" won't comfort her, especially not in regards to a depression-based death, and not knowing how he died just makes it harder to comfort anyone.

Besides, I said it wasn't my place. I would've been fine if she didn't tell me, or if she got mad at me. At least then I would've felt socially obligated to give an apology. But no, she told me anyways.

If she had a problem with my question, she could have spoken up. I don't think I need to apologize that.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago
You really are an asshole, aren't you? Well, at any rate, it's no mystery why the neighbors hate your family. ^_^

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

You know, I actually agree with this. Maybe I see it this way because I have Asperger's (though I don't think being an aspie is necessarily related to being a psycho). In the general sense, I'm not personally affected by the death of someone (whether or not I know them) and I don't go out of my way to comfort people because I don't see the point. Even if I like the person that is affected, I can't think of anything to say that could help (I won't say "I'm sorry for your loss" because I'm not).

So, I don't know. I don't think asking her that was mean or rude. Questions themselves are not rude unless they are asked in a way that's intended to hurt someone. Lemon prefaced his question in a way that made it appear to be a simple question.

That being said, I wanted to ask her the same thing, but didn't because I didn't want to take the chance of upsetting her. Anyway, I don't think what Lemon did was wrong.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago
"I don't think he was wrong, but I didn't do the same thing because I thought it was a bad idea."

Well okay then.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Yeah, pretty much. Is there any confusion?

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Fuck, I meant to say you owe "me" an apology. Fuck, now it's an actual point rather than a joke. Oh well.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Well, everyone else has already handled you, so I don't feel the need to reprimand you. I will say that my state and family members are going through a devastating time right now. You're someone I've defended in the past, and I've been genuinely nice to you, so your flippant comment does feel unwarranted.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago
6 dead in a flash flood? really? in Louisiana no less?

must've been suicides

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

The total is up to 11 now.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago
guarantee they were murders

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago
Glad to hear you're safe.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Thank you, Bucky.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

AIDS, you're a shitty person.  Danaos, it's not your fault. KKK, I hope you and your family are alright. 

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Was the message directed toward 'AIDS' directed toward me?

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Yes. 

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Figured as much.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago
Prayers go to KKK's family

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Also, what exactly did Danaos do to warrant reassurement? All he did was validate my point. It's not his fault for what, exactly? He did nothing wrong.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Your view is a view expressed by shitty people. Danaos has autism, which is a mental condition that leads to difficulty forming bonds with people, as well as difficulty communicating. It's not his fault he's  a shitty person. You, a mentally well individual, are just a shitbag.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

This thread could've been something special... ;3

Edit: But Lemons! 

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Damnit, Thara.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I apologize Tim b: pls, forgive me, kouhai.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

...Well, now I just feel insignificant... :(

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

Don't be! You're still the president and nobody can ever take that away from you. Not until like, another CYS election at least. (If one even happens again, that is. :p)

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I doubt another will be happening, as Jimmy isn't around to host it, but there was supposed to be... A Thing happening...

@ISentinelPenguinI

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I lost the maps and puzzles I spent forever trying to get just right, and so I dropped the whole thing and figured it was cursed.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

It was.

You made the right choice.

A bit of warnng would've been nice, though.

Louisiana Flooding

7 years ago

I am glad you are safe, and i genuinely wish i could send over more than just my thoughts.