Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Here's a thread to say some good story games that guys can play. 

Story games for guys

7 years ago

ok

Story games for guys

7 years ago

I really question what kind of story games need to be segregsted by gender.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Not that they are needed to, but some games say specifically or reference you as a or that you're a guy or that you can choose gender. This thread is to say what games are specifically guys or that you can be a guy

Story games for guys

7 years ago
Most story games where gender is specified have a male protagonist. No real need for a list.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

@Ayame8Usagi, Steve is confused by this thread. Please tell him what, in your opinion, makes a game that guys can play?

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Meh.

Why can't guys play girl games and girls play guy games?
Like, is there a reason why not? If it's well written, I'll probably enjoy it regardless of gender...

Story games for guys

7 years ago

I just assumed she really just prefers storygames when the character's gender is something that's already clearly defined for her.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Ah. Welp.

I'm just wondering why xD

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Then ask her, Seto. She seems like a nice young lady that would gladly elaborate on her reasoning. :)

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Well, I did post in her thread xD

Story games for guys

7 years ago

The way both threads were worded have nothing to do with the gender of the character. They want games that are for guys to play, and games that are for girls to play. Seto is correct, the question is weird and kind of ridiculous.  'Games with a male protagonist' and 'games with a female protagonist' have nothing to do with 'games specifically meant for a particular gender of player' anymore than that applies to any other kind of media.

Which is why I'm still waiting for Ayame to explain what exactly she means by guy games and girl games, and what kind of criteria she uses to determine if a story is one or the other.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

So a lot of people have been asking me to clarify my statement. @Seto I personally have a hard time as a girl enjoying it if I'm playing it as a guy, though sometimes I do check out those if the story is really good. I think it's cool how your able to play no matter what your gender is on one. Bit I made this thread and the other thread for girls because I know some people can have a hard time finding a game with their gender, though that doesn't apply much to guys since, they are plenty. And since guys don't have that problem they can just talk about games they like in general here, maybe even try to talk about some that are good but are as well known. I apologize for the confusion.

Story games for guys

7 years ago
Thrown through the clarifier.

"Dragons, scifi tech, I can put on my suspension of disbelief for that. but going left instead of right at restaurants for doors, thats the line. And because thats confusing to me, I think its confusing to every other girl, so there should be a tag saying Girl to remove the ambiguity, the ambiguity that I cant really define, but its ambiguous"

Hows that?

Story games for guys

7 years ago

What if said going left or right in/at a 'restaurants for doors' dictates with whom one interacts, thus determining (say, a relationship, or what a spy sees) the rest of the story's plot lines? 

As for my part, I might say which side of the restaurant to sit on... Instead of "left or right at the door"--that part would be confusing to me as well.

Story games for guys

7 years ago
Congratulations, you've created a branching path.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And I peed on the one less travelled by.
And that has made all the difference.

Actually, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, used precisely that to ask whether the char was male or female. So, it has precedent.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

It was really funny if you didn't choose a bathroom right away.

You'd pee yourself just when the aliens arrive and see you as a horrible example of humanity and just blow up the planet.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Hey, you need to make a thread for people who sexually identify as a bicycle too! You sexist asshat...

Story games for guys

7 years ago

I would say that's speciest... (for species)... but that only includes living objects.  lol

So... Matterist? (For matter)

Story games for guys

7 years ago

"Britva and Jerondia"

A game where you can choose between genders.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

I saw that. :D

I hope that's the entire plot.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Haha I haven't written the whole description yet. But I guess that might make for a interesting plot

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Player finds a +2 Belt of Gender Change and throughout the game has to swap back and forth to solve increasingly contrived puzzles. 

Story games for guys

7 years ago

I want it filled with really bizarre gender stereotypes, like only women can use the Amulet of Fire to traverse the bridge.

Story games for guys

7 years ago

That'd be cool

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Only men can squash spiders or open jars.

Or craft the 'scary spider in a jar' grenades to use in defeating the Amazon tribe.

Story games for guys

7 years ago
That's it, I'm totally making a game now with choices that say things like, "If you are a girl, click here. If you are a boy, click here. If you are something else, click here. If you don't know, click here. If you are already offended, go ahead and click here."

Story games for guys

7 years ago

Rogues is starting out this way:

Hey look gang, a story that lets you choose your gender!

Quick, unzip your pants or lift up your dress to check what parts you were born with because it might even make a difference in how the story unfolds!

Male

Female

Story games for guys

7 years ago

And the final "boss", the masked antagonist, turns out to be a girl, and everybody is in shock and awe at the "plot twist".