Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Exams

7 years ago

Exams' week is next week, and I'm kinda falling behind in classes, so I was wondering: Do any of you have any good tips on how to study (or cheat)? Any anecdote related to this to cheer me up?

Exams

7 years ago

In life its hard to focus cause there are many distractions....family, work, stuff like that and it's not bad but when I need to study I lock myself somewhere alone where no one can interrupt me and I focus solely on studying and I get it done...that's my advice...

Exams

7 years ago

Only fools don't cheat.

Exams

7 years ago
Honestly cramming works so incredibly well despite what teachers say. Literally just spend every night studying for all of your classes until you finish exams and then slack off the rest of the year and you're good.

Exams

7 years ago

Here's a tip on studying; study! But, to be serious, study for at most two and a half hours per night before you go to bed, and make sure to not study in an area that would be deemed distracting to you.  

Exams

7 years ago

Thanks dr. Drunk.

Exams

7 years ago

You're welcome, Cupcake.

Exams

7 years ago

If you search up studypetals, or check out pretty much any other studyblr, they have masterposts on tips for studying, cramming, not procrastinating, etc. Additionally, on FB alone I'm in a Class of 2016 group for nearly every subject I do to receive free help with exam questions, or exemplar essays, etc. If you search for the resources, you'll find them.

My own tip is to actively make notes while studying/learning. So active studying rather than passive studying where you kinda just absorb material. Annotate highlighted bits as you're reading your textbook or link it to another part of the syllabus.

Also, I think the most important thing I learnt this year was to know what to learn and what to just let go. Actively pick out the bits of information that you will need the most. That is, anything in the syllabus. If it's not in the syllabus, or it doesn't support your argument, let it go.

Exams

7 years ago

Here's how I cheat.

For months in advance, I write all of  my formulas, definitions and procedures down on a sheet of paper. Then, here's the kicker -- I memorize them all, by writing them down.

Then, I walk right into the exam room and write it all down.

Fuckers never even realize. 

Exams

7 years ago
The best ones I saw people do were: writing things down really tiny on a gum wrapper and then wrapping the un-chewed gum back up and taking it out during the test - & - uncurling the paper on a water bottle, writing stuff on the inside and then rolling it back around the bottle.

Granted, I've also seen a guy just pull out a piece of notebook paper with all the shit written down on it and sidling it right beside his test on the desk.

Malk's suggestion is probably more paragon though.