Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Amusing

7 years ago

I find this mildly amusing.

Amusing

7 years ago
"I'm a nice guy, I just really want to kill them".

Sounds like a nice guy to me.

Amusing

7 years ago

Also the "They banned me for no reason and I happened to make seven accounts and they banned them"

That made me chuckle a bit.

Amusing

7 years ago

EDIT: Oh, shit, that was a LINK there... Is this what being Tim is like?

Amusing

7 years ago

Yes, yes it is xD

Amusing

7 years ago
Ha, nice find.

Amusing

7 years ago

Either I'm banning so much, I'm forgetting which idiots I'm banning or Killa actually banned Pugopop4 before I got to him.

Well, on the wall anyway.

Amusing

7 years ago

They all just kind of blend in after awhile.

Amusing

7 years ago

I forgot how many Pug's there have been...

EDIT: And yes, Thara. They all feel the same after a while.

It's kind of like, oh. It's more fodder for the incinerator.

Amusing

7 years ago

Don't you mean, fodder for the modder...ator?....

Amusing

7 years ago

xD That works.

Amusing

7 years ago

No sympathy for your former co-author, Seto?

I'm sure out of everyone that he wants to apparently kill, you'd be spared.

Amusing

7 years ago

I have no tolerance for those who do not listen.

Pug did something wrong, people(including me) told them they did something wrong. They were given a second chance...and then kept on doing that exact thing.

:P

And then they rant about how unfair we all were on another site.

*applauds*

And oh please >.>
I am coauthor for about 10 stories. Me being someone's coauthor doesn't necessarily mean I like someone.

Amusing

7 years ago

Understandable :)

It seems like only Naomi took his second chance seriously out of all the recent additions to End's list.

Amusing

7 years ago

Yeah.

Kind of sad that people can't learn from their mistakes and either grow up, or leave.

Amusing

7 years ago

@Pugtaco, wherever you are, could you please tell your new buddies at Figment why you advised your friend "ThreeTexasMen" not to call himself that? That was a really funny observation, and I'm sure they'd enjoy it. You'll probably fit in with them better over there anyway.

Amusing

7 years ago

I replied to it :p

Amusing

7 years ago

"Hey, Mr Kettler, is it?"

"Yes, sir, how can I help you."

"I'm Mr Pott, you new supervisor. And... I hate to bring this up on the first day, but... well, you're looking kind of black."

"Excuse me?"

"Well, that's not exactly the look we're going for here. We want more of a shiny, clean, pure look."

Amusing

7 years ago

*continues browsing the site*

*comes across this lovely gem*

"So I know that no one is going to respond to this because no one ever responds to my posts, but honestly the thing I enjoy most on figment was reading everyones comments on my stories. They honestly gave me a reason to keep going and to keep writing, just knowing that there was someone actualy interested in what I wrote.
So I have officially found my cause for writers block. I have lost push, the reason to continue writing"

Is this what people write for these days? Recognition?

Amusing

7 years ago

I'd argue that recognition is a very valid and wholesome reason for writing, but I get the feeling that they're really not into recognition for the right reason. There's a difference between wanting to make lots of people smile, or laugh, or cry, or think, and wanting to be "Cool", there's a difference between wanting to leave your mark on the world and wanting people to stroke your ego.

Amusing

7 years ago

Yes, I agree with that. Sorry, I should have worded that better.

And I was editing :P

Anyways...

Its just..

To me, it seems kind of sad that anyone would need recognition to continue writing. I write because I love writing and I honestly don't care what anyone thinks. Yes, it's nice if someone likes my work...but I don't feel unmotivated to write just because a bunch of anonymous strangers don't like my writing or aren't interested in the things I'm interested in.

And to be honest...if what someone is writing for is popularity and nice comments...I don't see a reason for them to keep writing.

Amusing

7 years ago

Last time we were browsing this place, there was a lot more flailing and whining in their forums about how the world didn’t accept them and such.

Not seeing as much of that this time while briefly scanning the place, but maybe I just didn’t stumble across that particular forum.

Amusing

7 years ago

That was because Closet McAllahu blew up the gay bar in Florida back then, so militant SJWs would obviously go back to their favored internet caves to stew and put their triggers back in order more loudly and overwhelmingly than usual.

Amusing

7 years ago

Oh yeah, that’s right. Someone from over there migrated over here, linked to the site and lulz ensued. One of them even called you a shitlord due to some rant you wrote over here.

It was like the Peter Pears incident all over again.

Amusing

7 years ago

You mean the potato girl, right?

TinyPotatoes or something. 
Haven't seem them here in awhile.

Amusing

7 years ago

I remember reading the part where he said "Congratulations, you just called a 13-y/o a cunt on the internet!"

And then I realized, holy shit, I did call a 13 y/o a cunt on the internet! It made me question myself on a deeply personal level. I had a legit moral crisis for a while, and I remember that was when I progressively started to feel sadder and sadder about everything until I made the epiphanous Sadthread where I finally realized the truth about it all: Vegan Gains is a cancerous asshole.

I know that sounds really sarcastic, but that's seriously what I think was happening...

Amusing

7 years ago

Charaxes did that to me. A friendly reminder to remember not to swear at random people at the internet. And Charaxes DID apologize. Just putting that so she doesn't blow up at me.

Amusing

7 years ago

Yep. Luckily, I don't swear at random people on the internet. All my swears and their respective targets are carefully selected.

Not exactly sure why this had to be necroed or anything, but yes, swearing is a fine art, not to be randomly hurled at just any Tom, Dick, or Harry just because they posted in a thread whose text is already starting to get all hard and crusty from rigor mortis or anything.