Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Halloween month. Might as well bring these up too.

So, I'm just wondering, how come this creepypasta:

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Dating_Game

Draws so much hatred?

I mean there are definitely things that aren't very good about it (The original one was censored. The protagonist isn't that likable and the whole Burger King 6 figure job thing is just hilarious) but I'm baffled to as why this one gets as much seething hatred as it does.

Like I'm not sure why the psycho chick killing her kids is supposed to be some big negative. It's a creepypasta, not a Disney bedtime story.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

My favorite creepypasta was on  Reddit a while ago, where a guy's wife kept miscarrying. One day he unlocked the garden shed so he could do some yard-work, and discovered that she'd been giving herself coathanger abortions and smearing the fetuses on the wall. 

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Are you talking about this one?

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Think so.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

This is my favorite creepypasta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymcEjxnZO24

Creepypastas

7 years ago

The premise had potential, but once the last girl was introduced the cringe set in. Very ham-fisted, and the bond speech at the end was stomach-twisting, oozing levels of smarminess that puts KKK's profile smirkture to shame.

Sure, it's not WC-bad, but it has that overwhelming stank to it, it hits enough right notes to be passable as mediocre, but then when you actually get in and read it, you realize that you've found this uncanny valley of profound shittiness...

Creepypastas

7 years ago

This has always been my favorite Creepypasta. Always wanted to read it then post the video on YouTube, but I'm lazy. Just think it's kind of unnerving. Like, I don't know why, but I got the heebie-jeebies reading it. Probably just me.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

I just like how excited and happy the monster looks in this short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaijo8k-1OY

Creepypastas

7 years ago

I know the mental question "Why is it smiling!?" is supposed to have some creepy resonance because you don't know what it's thinking, but after the thought of "WHO WAS PHONE?" crossed my mind, the jitter train came to a screeching halt.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Let's just all agree that Candle Cove is the best (good enough to get a show I guess.), Jeff the Killer is overrated, ocassionaly the SCP stories can be really nice at times, all lost episode pastas are crap, and that Mr. Widemouth is pretty good. 

Creepypastas

7 years ago

*clears throat*
I don't see why so many people like Jeff the Killer to be honest. I thought the original was okay, and then all the spinoffs from the uncreative little girls made me hate it :)

I mean seriously...who thinks removing your eyelids with a carving knife is a good idea? You would need a lot of eyedrops...
Your eyes will go blind if you they dry up too much...

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Jeff the Killer is basically what would happen if Jason or Freddy or Mike got a bunch of fanart depicting them as tortured souls that just need a good hug. I HAVE seen some pretty nice fan things like films on youtube and things of the like, but the guy was ruined before he started. 

And the eye thing just seemed like it was trying too hard, so I really doubt Jeffy would be much of a threat unless he learned how to echo-locate.....which actually sounds awesome now that I think about it.....

Creepypastas

7 years ago

That just completely ruins the entire being of their characters.
*shudders*

The eye thing did. It seemed like one of those,"omg. Look at how psycho my character is :D"

I mean, the original had plot holes and it wasn't really that scary. While I think the author had a lot of potential, the original story was rather short and disappointing given the huge internet craze about him.

1) It reads like a farking revenge fantasy.
2) His character didn't make much sense.
3) The original story wasn't written that well. It's not terrible, but the sentence structure was a bit off.
4) He really is not that scary. I mean, unless he's secretly some overpowered god in the body of a kid...he's a kid with no eyelids. If I shone a torch into his eyes or whatever the fark, he can't close his eyes :3

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Garlic and the cross is to a vampire what flashlights and literally any liquids are to Jeff. 

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Exactly. So again, don't see what's so scary with this story. It's like Slenderman, Smile Dog, etc. :3

Overrated and slightly not as good as the internet craze over them would lead you to believe...

Call in the SWAT teams! Call in the mobile task forces! Summon the eldritch deities! We need to get this fanfic plague controlled at all costs!

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Jeff gets much, much worse in hindsight. First, opening with a Newspaper clipping that never happened interviewing a kid that talks like a pretentious Wattpaddian, 13 y/os in the nice part of town threaten to kill people, melodrama, then the relatable everyman pulls off Dim Mak itself, melodrama, then there's a too-convenient "Mental Break" and subsequent mutilation, melodrama, onomatopoeic laughter, melodrama, self-mutilation that would look only vaguely like the picture provided, melodrama, no suspense held whatsoever, nothing building it up, which was either because the writer does not comprehend what makes slashers compelling horror stories, or because they just assumed that people didn't want to go the distance because they knew who Jeff was beforehand, melodrama, and, of course, a psychotic fixation that has nothing to do with the trauma that caused it, (NOTHING!) causing him to attack his brother for no reason. I mean, hell, at least his parents ticked him off for reasons enough by his own standards, his brother did fucking NOTHING.

Really, he's an exploration in stupid edginess by a kid who thinks they're the master of edginess, leaving a cult of edginess and overhyped bullshit behind him.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

I never understood why there were a billion Zelda/Mario/Pokemon/Nintendo pastas. Haunted video games aren't remotely scary and using anything Nintendo related is just silly.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

^ Have you seen the pokemon ones? They made me laugh.

I mean seriously. Hyper-realistic blood is something that makes an appearance in most video game pastas.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

They probably never work for me since I’ve never really been into Nintendo stuff. I never saw the big deal about the Ben Drowned one either which is supposed to be the best of those.

I remember finding a couple of the Fallout ones amusing though.

There was the infamous Numbers Station one of course, but I found one of the lesser known ones more interesting.

The person accessed the Citadel early in Fallout 3 and they found all the BOS Knights crucified like you see in New Vegas. He went up and talked to Elder Lyons, Sarah and some of the other named ones.

Of course they all started saying stuff like “You did this.” “You were supposed to save the wasteland.” “Your father would be ashamed of you for working with the raiders.” etc.

Then all these folks exploded into gore and then he got attacked by a shitload of raiders which he couldn’t kill.

After they killed him, it went into all these cut scenes of raiders fucking up the various places in Fallout 3. (Shooting everyone in Megaton, setting the Underworld Ghouls on fire, hacking the Tenpenny tower folks to pieces, raping the women in Big Town, etc)

Then it all faded to black and goes into the intro birth screen but instead of the usual scene, James suddenly says “Kill it! It’s going to grow up to be a monster!” and pushes Dr. Li out of the way and stabs the baby to death and the screen goes dark again.

And of course the player couldn’t get the game to do it again.

All I remember thinking is that would have been a way better ending than what Bethesda came up with.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Please...give me a link xD

Creepypastas

7 years ago

I think they took it down on the creepypasta wiki, but someone did a reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL_t0zHbv30

Creepypastas

7 years ago

<3 You're the best End xD

Now I don't have to go slowly insane from boredom.

Creepypastas

7 years ago

There was one really.....not necessarily bad...more like odd one about Pokemon. It was a girl who was very lonely and could never make any friends, (great start), and so she makes an imaginary friend, an Eevee named Vince, here's an excerpt. 

"He's sitting right here!" Mel pointed to him, the first time she had recognized him in years. "He plainly just hit you!"

"Girl, get some sleep... You must be tired, I'ma head home..." She gave Mel the weird eye, as she walked out and away.

She turned to Vince in anger and rage. "What the hell, Vince?!" This wasn't making any sense at all. Vince was her imaginary friend. Imaginary. Not real.

"Oh, now you wanna talk to me. I hit that bitch because she called you fat. You're not fat." Vince glared her down, as much fury as she was putting off in a single glare.

And then there's one that I still need to find about a kid who gets a Bulbasaur that suddenly talks to him in a Ricky Gervais voice. Then when he goes to another pokemon game, THE BULBASAUR IS IN IT. Then he checks his console pokemon game, HE WAS THERE TOO. Then he checked Super Mario Sunshine, and then the thing left on a cliffhanger. 

Creepypastas

7 years ago

Not gonna lie, this is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Creepypastas

7 years ago
It might not quite fit in this category, but here's one I found sorte of interesting: Cry Reads: World's Best School Psychologist It's not really one of those spooky stories like the others one are, but you might still like it. Also really like the voice of the reader. Edit: here's another one, read by the same person. This one actually did leave me with that feeling of "What if?". Stories about death, gore, someone killing someone, don't manage to scare me but this does? Perhaps I'm just that strange. Cry Reads: I've come to terms with the fact that everything I know is a dream

Creepypastas

7 years ago

The world is done for.

This poll was made somewhere:

Who has the more attractive face...Slenderman or Jeff the Killer?

I am done.

Creepypastas

7 years ago
(If it shows anything other than the guy laughing mockingly out of context, then click the timebar. The video is so long that it broke tubechop.)

Creepypastas

7 years ago

XD