Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Thanksgiving Is Just Around the Corner

7 years ago

Thanksgiving is very close. I'm not sure how many of you guys actually celebrate Thanksgiving, but I do. 
While I don't have any family to celebrate Thanksgiving with, I'll probably do a Thanksgiving dinner with my friends, and we'll end up not able to move for a few days. XD

So what's the point of this thread again? Wellll....

What are you guys thankful for? How do you celebrate Thanksgiving(if you do, of course). What food do you guys eat? :P (I don't like turkey, actually. But mashed potatoes and gravy are very good.)

7 years ago
We don't have thanksgiving here, so no turkey for me, well at least not until Christmas, though even then who knows.
I'm thankful I don't live in America. Also thankful I'm no longer getting the "wow you're blind, how can you use a computer?" messages on CYS anymore.

7 years ago

Wait, you're blind? How do you use a computer?

... Lol kidding

7 years ago

Tim, you are frustrating.

7 years ago

Actually, I am Tim.

7 years ago
I don't. This is just your imagination. I'm not here, you're just confused.

7 years ago
So what you're saying is...I can beat my imagination...? o-o

7 years ago

No, you can beat MY imagination.

7 years ago
Oh. o-o

Well then.

7 years ago

I beat to my imagination all the tim- I mean, I can... Also... Duel with my imagination...

7 years ago

Tim, how many children do you have? You can't Dad-Joke that hard without being authentic.

7 years ago

In all curiosity, how do you use a computer anyways?

7 years ago
Blind people can use a program called a screen reader. That's, to put it simply, a program that reads what is on the screen. So if you would normaly see something, we can hear it spoken for us. If it still doesn't work after that, there are allways the hammer and throwing things out of the window options, which work well, too.

7 years ago

Image result for troll face

7 years ago
She can't see images, so that's rather useless xD

Might as well say trolololol >.>

7 years ago

That was the point.

@Mayana You'll never know it...

7 years ago
Oh. Well. RIP. I am Tim.

7 years ago

Lolno

7 years ago
Image result for troll face, hmm? Fun. I don't need to see the picture to know what that means. :)
And yeah, figured. Still decided to reply though, because who knows, someone who actually cares might read this, saving me one pm in the future.

7 years ago

Does your screen reader tell you there's an image there, or do you mouse over it?

7 years ago
The "Image result for troll face" was the title I got, most likely the guy searched for troll face on google. The screen reader tells me that there's a graphic, then the title/description if it can find any, though I could set it to read the url instead. With this image, it reads it like this.
Graphic Image result for troll face

7 years ago

Image result for that's cool

7 years ago

#Rekt

Edit: Think I fucked up.

7 years ago

Sure, you could hide an Image from Mayana.... By creating one so broken that you couldn't see it if you had ESP.

7 years ago
Or you could just upload it on a image website then post it here. For some reason those pictures often don't show on CYS, leaving me confused about empty posts. And even when they do show up, if the title is image502b4d1.jpg, I wouldn't know what it's about, anyway.

7 years ago

To be honest, I find that the only thing those who know me can be thankful for is my humble sense of self-importance and preeminence. More often than not, it's clear that others are often grateful for the chance to merely glimpse at my inherited magnificence.

Personally, though, I'm thankful for the gifts of murderous rage, the perpetual suffering and deterioration of sentient life forms, and the ominous furnace of my wrathful hellfire. When the time of Ragnarok arrives, I'll be content to observe all signs of earthly life end in the wake of my uninhibited crusade of destruction.

As for the foods I'd prefer to eat, that would include toxic reptiles, warm mammalian blood, the corpses of burned felines, the chewy, oily intestines of diseased infants, Spam, the bones and marrow of my dearest friends, and each individual soul that inhabits the mortal domain.

But, since I'll be having family over, I think I'll stick with a turkey dinner this year.

7 years ago

I am thankful I am not one of your dearest friends, a toxic reptile, a mammal, a feline, a infant, nor do I have a soul. Oh. And I am definitely not sentient.

7 years ago
You didn't say you are thankful you aren't a turkey, though. So we'll just asoom you are a turkey.

7 years ago

Note: I am also not a turkey. Besides...who likes to eat turkeys? Pfft.

7 years ago

Now that sounds like something a turkey would say.

7 years ago

I am a er...SIR KEY. Yes, that is who I am. You must have heard me wrong. o-o

7 years ago

The only logical conclusion is that you are Spam. Yum, salty canned meat.

7 years ago
Don't eat me. I am not spam.

7 years ago

3d9310rd 5p1771n f1r3 h3r3

7 years ago

My family celebrates thanksgiving by sitting at the table, sharing something we are thankful for and eating until we have gained 2-3 pounds. We are going to have a chicken and a ham, mashed potatoes and grave, and pretty much the normal stuff.

7 years ago

Wow that's really nice! Although I'm a bit concered you and your family eats graves.

7 years ago

I usually head over to my aunt's home who lives 30-35 minutes away, spend time with my family, eat some food, watch some movies, and best of all, mercilessly pwn n00bs in Super Smash Bros.

7 years ago

I celebrate with chicken since I can't stand turkey (although one year I had Chinese food) and for dessert I have chocolate cake since love cake far more then pie.  Later I go to my neighbors house since they always have better food then I do. When I was younger my family would have this tradition where every year we would watch a Harry Potter movie, we're hoping to bring back that tradition this year with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

7 years ago

:o Oh, yeah, that movie is coming out! I want to watch it, but not sure when I'll have the time.

7 years ago

Well, I guess I just have the normal dinner, and family gathering except I'm a vegan, so...Tofurkey this year, and cranberries and stuff. XD owo

Yey. I'm thankful for finding dis site, and being able to read amazing-i-can't-even stories, and making *some* progress on meh stories. :3 , and meeting some really cool ppls. That and having straight A's, but more that ^^^ XD Oh, yeah, I'm going to see that movie Arrival. I love movies like Ender's Game and stuff like Arrival where they talk to aliens, and I love it when little children makes friends with monsters. Idk, it's just a favorite trope XD

>>Yus, mashed potatoes are very good. smol potato :3 << cheeky

7 years ago

"Temmiespeak" is not an endearing accent. It stopped being endearing in 2006 or 7, when even the 12-year-olds who started it realised that using "teh" in place of "the" ironically was getting fucking old. It is only remotely respectable when you're trying to imitate the noises that a drunken Cockney makes and not the noises that a "RAWR XD" makes, no more, no less.

7 years ago

Well I'll be eating turkey, you freaks. That and blackaroni macaroni and cheese.

7 years ago

I may be a brown person, but I am also an American. I will celebrate the Giving of Thanks with a #E7A776 twist. I usually just sit around in my humble tagine shaped desert hut and eat tasty baklava with my fellow neighbors as we discuss each other's fez collections and goat raising skills.

Or maybe I just have a normal Thanksgiving with a lot of turkey gravy, who knows.

7 years ago

WAIT

BROWN

YOU'RE A JAWA?!

Fezzes are for everyone!

7 years ago

Fez collections!? As a man with an all-encompassing appreciation of soupcan-shaped headgear, I must express the highest disgust with your prejudiced assumptions about the glorious fez! Fezzes are a magnificent East-European/Middle-Eastern/Byzantine headpiece that were for everyone! The people on that weird island south of Greece wore fezzes! (And some still do, so Wikipedia tells me.) Everyone on the Mostly Non-Genghis side of Russia and the Slavic nations wore fezzes! The Sultan of the Ottomans knew fezzes were so awesome that he literally OUTLAWED OTHER COMMON FORMS OF HATWEAR!* (And one of the reasons was because it actually helped cultures merge together. Now Muslims had a hat that could compete with the bowlers and top hats and other fancy hats.) Just because some cartoonists in the 20s monsterised the fez as a headpiece that every non-English-Speaking foreigner wore.

Just because racist bastards thought that the fez what everyone east of Germany and South of France wore does not make the Fez a symbol of everyone darker-than-a-peach-crayon oppression! Fezzes have a long history of being worn by awesome people! George Washington, and the majority of the other Freemason presidents probably wore fezzes!  Almost every side in the Napoleonic War had soldiers with Fez-like helmets! The Badass Beard Man from Indiana Jones wore a fez! Alleged wizards wore fezzes! Fezzes are the fucking best! 

I mean, unless your friends and family actually have fez collection and that totally wasn't just a thing about how really old racists see brown people, because THAT WOULD ONLY BE AN INSULT TO THIS GLORIOUS HEADPIECE AND DISRESPECTFUL TO EVERY GROUP INVOLVED!

*Granted, everyone in 1925 started wearing fezzes, so Mustafa Kemal Ataturk banned them all because it was getting too mainstream. In truth, it was really a great separation between Fez and State. Now that the Ottoman Empire is disbanded, everyone is free to wear and not wear fezzes as they please. I think. I'm not sure if there's still fez laws in the area.

Fezzes are for everyone!

7 years ago

I think my dad had a fez, but he's Bruno Mars now, and his agent told him he had to take it off when he was singing about sexy ladies while being surrounded by sexy ladies. It's kind of a bummer, because the fez was my last link to my dying culture.

The desert winds still haunt me at night.

7 years ago
Thanksgiving was last month you damn heathens!

7 years ago

Goddamn it, I live in America, not Canada XD

Besides, I celebrated both. I mean...food. Why not?

7 years ago

For the purpose of a seasonal short story taking place in a canon parallel to the RPS shit, who of you would show up to the token furries' house for brunch on Thanksgiving? Duels are entirely optional. In fact, I'd prefer if you didn't duel me. I already have all the duels necessary for a few stories now, any more would be overkill.

It's related to this thread because the story answers all the questions in the OP, probably.

7 years ago

I would show up. Actually...first, is the food free?

7 years ago

Well, you don't have a choice in showing up, because you duelled me last!

But yes, it's free. You'll be able to prove to everyone you're not a turkey there, because if you were a turkey, that'd be cannibalism... And you're totally not a turkey, right?

7 years ago

I beat you! XD

And yep, I definitely am not a turkey. Er...there are other foods other than turkey right?

7 years ago

Yes, and I'm feeling very sassy about it.

Sure. Waffles. And Turkey Barbecue sauce. And Cheese. I mean, I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise, but all you really need to know is that we'll be eatng turkey, right?

7 years ago

I will not partake in the eating of my kind turkey.

7 years ago

He is a SIR KEY

7 years ago

Gobble gobble, fuckers.

?I'm thankful for friends. And my lady-friend. As for what I'm going to do, probably just gonna go hang out with some friends. Should be fun, I guess.

7 years ago

Jackbox! I will beat everyone at Fibbage ^-^