Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Everything Else Story Replacement: Cows vs. Aliens

7 years ago

Okay so it's been suggested by a few people that Cows vs. Aliens should be featured in the Everything Else section, so here are the potential stories for it to replace:

1. 8 goals, 28 rolls http://chooseyourstory.com/story/8-goals,-28-rolls

2. House of Horrors (A CYOA MOVIE) http://chooseyourstory.com/story/house-of-horrors-(a-cyoa-movie)

3. Locked Out (The Movie) Episode Two http://chooseyourstory.com/story/locked-out-(the-movie)-episode-two

Vote and as usual it probably helps if you explain your reasons.

Of course you could make the case that you don't like Berka's story and it shouldn't replace anything, but far be it from me to prevent you from standing on top of a mountain during a lightning storm in copper armor raising your copper sword in the air and shouting obscenities at the heavens!

7 years ago

Guess I'd go with replacing House of Horrors. The movie doesn't work anyway. The movie doesn't work for the other one either, but I'll go with the lowest rated one first.

7 years ago
If it doesn't work then yeah, it should go first.

Really we should remove the other one as well if it doesn't work. No reason to feature a broken story game.

7 years ago
Yeah, I vote House of Horrors.

7 years ago

Huh. How did we wind up with broken non functioning games in two top slots?

The card game is pretty fun though. I can't even wrap my mind around the scripting involved.

7 years ago

They only work for internet explorer which means only our Grandparents can play them. :)

7 years ago

Yeah, Cows vs. Aliens is a Hell of a lot better than 99% of the storygames in Everything Else. (I'd say Briar Still has the best though.) Replace House of Horrors. Why? Well, it was sort of "meh".

7 years ago

Get rid of House of Horrors since the video wont play on anything newer than an IBM 5150

7 years ago

Okay Berka's story is featured.

Took down the other movie CYOA as well.

7 years ago

Perhaps Crab Arena could fill up the empty slot? 

There’s also Trapped Inside the Tower of HanoiWWII Grand Strategy, Kingmaker and this.

7 years ago

I'd probably either put in Crab Arena or Will's How Not To Write story.

7 years ago

I vote for Will's story. It is needed.

7 years ago

While Will's story is hilarious and helpful for anybody wanting to write a storygame, I'd much rather have a real storygame in a featured slot than a satirical guide on how to make a storygame. Perhaps it can get linked in one of the articles when those get sorted out?

7 years ago

Does "HOW NOT TO WRITE" have a plot? Yes, it does, for the plot is both the story in the game (being a Pokemon trainer) and the narrator telling various rules (of which having a narrator say things not necessary part of the narration is still used such as the book The Princess Bride).
Does "HOW NOT TO WRITE" have a game? Yes, it does as well, for it has choices.
Finally, we will use the mathematical equation: A Real Storygame = Story + Game. "HOW NOT TO WRITE" has both a story and a game; therefore, your argument is unequivocal crap.

7 years ago

Duly noted; I apologize for my ignorance. I still believe it should be linked in an article while Crab Arena gets featured.

7 years ago

Ohhh okay. I see. Thanks for answering the question :)

7 years ago

Will's story, please. Make it easy for the people who need it most to find.

7 years ago

Definitely Will's.

7 years ago
Thanks for the votes folks! :)

7 years ago

Well, your new game was pretty amazing :P

7 years ago
On the two broken CYOA Movies, I wonder if we could go in (administratively) and fix them with more up to date HTML? Just a thought...

7 years ago

You might be able to eke a little more playability out of it with an <embed> element, but I think the biggest problem is that all the videos are in the very unsupported WMV format.

7 years ago
Good point. Nothing will help if the videos themselves are broken or no longer hosted somewhere.

7 years ago

So the movies are altogether broken? How unfortunate. They should both be un-featured without a doubt.

7 years ago

Went ahead a featured Will's story.

As for the movie stories, I'm guessing someone with more coding knowledge than I might be able to get them working. Just guessing about that though. 

7 years ago

Well, since only mods can do this, I guess it's up to Berka or 3J XD

And congrats, Will! :D

7 years ago

Yes, congrats Will and Berka!

7 years ago

Thank you very much, this was a very pleasant surprise :D Hopefully it might be useful to new writers but unfortunately the alphabetically challenged new writers who produce the literary equivalent of manure do so because they don't both to read useful stories and help and info articles very much. Thank you for featuring this story and for the encouragement though, that makes 5 featured :D

7 years ago

Can't you get your very own trophy at this point, Will? 

7 years ago

Nah, I doubt it :) Until Alexp comes back no one can get new trophies. I think that until BerkaZerka, Killa Robot etc get their trophies I have no chance :P The trophy system is one of the things on the site that needs upgrading at some point in the future :)

7 years ago

Sucks, because for some reason I imagine that your trophy requirements would be something I can possibly do :P

End wants me to actually write something :c I can only read stories, not write them. Well, that's somewhat of a exaggeration, but I don't think it would be something that'll be easy for me.