Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

So now that this has been announced, I’m guessing the ending is going to be:

Ellen Page Ellie ends up killing Joel because she’s a retard that wants to sacrifice herself and the only way she’s going to be able to do that is by killing Joel herself since he’s probably going to be killing anyone else that tries to harvest her brains for a cure.

Then she’ll get harvested for a cure and save humanity just before she gives her lesbian lover one last kiss goodbye.

Roll credits. Barf.

Or if they want to preserve at least some of their dignity, they make it so the cure doesn’t work. It’s a shaggy dog story, Joel was right all along and humanity still has to live with fungus zombies. LOLZ.

Anyway, in the mundane words of Fallout 4’s Sole Survivor:

Your thoughts?

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I honestly feel like their going to make Ellie a Antagonist in some sort of way in the end.

Or Joel, but that would be better since we would get a MLG massacre with a machete or some cool shit.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago
Shaggy Dog story would be acceptable. I'd prefer Ellie grow up and take the Tyrion Lannister view of life.

"I like living."

So that she becomes less retarded and annoying.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I would've preferred that they kept TLOU without a sequel. I've heard great discussion of people's opinions and theories over what may have happened after the first game ended, now that TLOU 2 has been announced, it removes a lot of the mystery surrounding the ending.

Another thing that irks me is the lack of gameplay footage. TLOU's gameplay is what bogged down my rating of it, and to find no footage of the gameplay of TLOU 2 is disappointing. 

Nevertheless, I have faith the gameplay will be improved.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

The best theory that I've heard is that Ellie had a child and the Fireflies took her child for experimentation, causing her to kill "Every last one of them" to get her child back.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

Ellie's a lesbian, so I don't see her having a kid, unless she's got some set up with Joel who fucks her bisexual girlfriend.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

What? Im going to have to play through the game again, but I don't remember her lesbian.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

Apparently they turned her into a lesbian in the DLC with her friend that died.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I played through the DLC and it didn't seem like she was lesbian to me. More like really good friends.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

The developers confirmed she was a lesbian later on. Heck, they even stated that they wrote her as a lesbian the entire time.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

Didn't see that. My new theory is that the Fireflies massacred Tommys village and she wants revenge.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago
Thara would agree ^_^

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I like the theory where they believe that Joel was killed by Fireflies, and Joel is coming to Ellie, and asks her if she really wants to kill all the fireflies. It makes sense considering all the firefly corpses, and how old Joel would be. 

Last of Us 2

7 years ago
I kinda wish they wouldn't have made it. Just like Finding Dory.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I played the ps3 version and playstation 4 remake. I really enjoyed playing through the story multiple times, as it never felt like a chore to do so. I think Tlou would be considered a masterpiece of the survival horror genre, but I really don't care for a sequel. The ending was so perfect because it was left ambiguous and was left in the air for plenty of debate and such. Oh well, I'm sure Naughty Dog will find a way to continuously outdo themselves with this one as well. This game will be a definite pre-order from me ^^

Last of Us 2

7 years ago
I don't believe them after what they did to Uncharted 4 (the series was known for its set pieces and Uncharted 4 had only 2 - and one of it was already spoiled at E3).

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet :c

There was too many games that had caught my interest at the time, and even now. But even if that is the case, I think I'll still enjoy the adventure at least.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

How is Uncharted? I've been considering getting the Nathan Drake collection, but I don't know to much about the games, or the story. Just that the game was made by Naughty Dog.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

Uncharted is actually pretty good. Nathan Drake is a pretty good protagonist, imo.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I can understand if you liked the game for the story, I'm sure anything with writing better than your average CoD is going to have gamers swooning and making goo-goo eyes, sheerly because of how ridiculously low the bar has been set for Triple-A... But the fact that you think this is a good survival horror game has really caused the part of my brain that takes people seriously to shut down. It'll take a few years of drinking late nights to fix this. You're paying for my liver.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

Well, since you obviously want my attention so badly...

I also think that the gameplay is pretty good as well :) Especially the multiplayer that's still quite populated and fun to play.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

Hopefully the capitalistic exploitation of forcing a sequel on a story that was already artsy and self-contained will force people to look at the flaws and shittiness of the first game. Oh, and hopefully all that gameplay they advertised in E3 will actually fucking be there this time.

If it wasn't just another shitty video game with an oscar-bait filter on it, would there be a sequel?  Would you buy a sequel trying to cash in on names like The Grand Budapest hotel* or something else that was truly a masterpiece? If it was a masterpiece, why are they making another one? How about letting us buy the whole dynamic combat engine and AI you fucking scrapped as DLC? It'll take just about as much time to re-fit the whole game with that, and, I assure you, the result actually won't be so fucking terrible to play.

*Don't even think I'm comparing this piece of shit to The Grand Budapest Hotel. If anything, I would liken this to making a sequel to American Beauty... Nevermind, that would actually be hilarious, unlike this orgy of sweaty brown mediocrity. I'm just saying, if it really is as good as you hypemonger fucks in Reviewiland say it is...

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I bought the game without seeing that E3 demo. So when I played it through I thought it was a fantastic piece, but then after seeing it, I still think the game was really good, but not as good as what that demo was showing.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

Well, go ahead and think it, I guess. If you like clunky Uncharted, that's your deal. I've found long ago that arguing with people about the merits of its story is tedious and makes me want to die.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I meant the Last of Us, I haven't seen the Uncharted E3 demo either.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I called TLOU clunky Uncharted because it feels like Uncharted, but clunkier.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

How I wish TellTales took a gameplay style of the last of us for the walking dead

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I thought this new Days Gone game was by Naughty Dog, but I guess they just tried to make it look a little like Last of Us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHbP_gdfQg

Last of Us 2

7 years ago
The gurl in Days Gone looks like Nathan Drake's wife.

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

i thought so too

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

but if you guys really want to play a good game for killing time then play fallout 4 or the walking dead(telltale series)

Last of Us 2

7 years ago

I heard some theories that the reason why Joel's face isn't shown in the preview is because he's actually dead and Ellie is just hallucinating/dreaming. It seems plausible enough to me, but I think it might be because he has some noticeable face injury like a missing eye or a scar or something which they didn't want to reveal in the promo.