Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

First Jobs

7 years ago

As I have my own, I would like to ask, what was your first job? I'm currently working on a Christmas Tree Farm (so likely temporary).

First Jobs

7 years ago
>implying employment

Walmart - I worked in the back putting toys and bikes and stuff together so that people could come in and buy it ready-made instead of buying a box of parts. probably gonna do that this december as well. or maybe I won't get a job until 2017. I'm not really being pressured for a job right now.

inb4 tan/end mentions surveys and nobody laughs cause nobody gets it anymore

First Jobs

7 years ago

I dunno, I'd still count fatally pushing your cousin off a cliff as honest work.

First Jobs

7 years ago

My first job was at a fast food restaurant... But I quit after I found out they had a cockroach infestation. Damned cockroaches!

First Jobs

7 years ago

yikes...

First Jobs

7 years ago

A rimjob. 

First Jobs

7 years ago

Why didn't I see that coming?

First Jobs

7 years ago

The cockroaches don't seem so gross now.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Indeed.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Dont Know

First Jobs

7 years ago
Shit, dude. I knew your mom was a freak, but I didn't think that incest was in her wheelhouse.

First Jobs

7 years ago

\(•_•)/ What the fuck man.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I was talking about the one I gave to you bc you promised me 500 bucks. Never saw any of that money by the way. 

First Jobs

7 years ago

If you're not getting paid, you're not a whore, you're a slut. Learn the difference.

First Jobs

7 years ago

It was a one-time thing I swear!

First Jobs

7 years ago

I carried 50-lb bags of gravel and wheelbarrows full of bricks down a hill for a few weekends one summer. Then we poured them all out in order to make a sort of garden patio spot. The guy we were working for implied we would be paid minimum wage once or twice, before handing us both $80 when we were done.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Sounds fun.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I worked as a locksmith. 'Twas fun. Lotta cool stuff.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I think my uncle still does.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Librarian.

First Jobs

7 years ago
Various paper routes.

Highlight was when some guy's teenage son answered the door high, paid me 5 dollars instead of the usually 20, and when I tried to explain he only gave me a 5, he thought I was trying to give him back 5 dollars in change and refused to take it back.

Needless to say they never got the paper again.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Funnily enough, a Courier.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Graphic artist position in 2006. Site got closed down, but someone liked my art and invited me to another site. Got paid 200 min. a month depending on how much I had to do.

It was pretty fun.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I'm still working at my first job. I work at a gym.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I thought you worked at a funeral parlor.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I wanted to but they wouldn't take me.

EDIT: Fuck, i replied to my own post.

First Jobs

7 years ago

They probably just thought you wanted an employee discount.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Yeah, you're probably right. And I started looking for jobs a year ago, so maybe they just didn't want to work with a 14 year old?

First Jobs

7 years ago

I don't think many places hire people under 16. I worked when I was 15 but nobody would hire me when I was any younger... Not even McDonalds.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I got my job at the gym when i was 14. Guess i was just lucky.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I'm actually looking for one right now. I've applied like, everywhere. No luck so far, though.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I can sympathize.

First Jobs

7 years ago

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have no experience, sure, but I'm very dedicated. I constantly keep up with the places I've applied at, I call them, email them. etc. Still no luck.

First Jobs

7 years ago

Ah, it's not always known why

First Jobs

7 years ago

Hang on, how old are you again?

First Jobs

7 years ago

20, it's just that I prefer the kinda of physical work that's typically found on farms.

First Jobs

7 years ago

How have you only just gotten your first job now?

First Jobs

7 years ago

I focused more on schooling.