Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Arrival

7 years ago

I finally saw it. So Mizal and Malk can stop bitching at me to go see it because it's the GREATEST MOVIE EVAR.

Anyway, almost had a facial expression. It was okay. Felt like an extra long episode of The Outer Limits which means the movie could have easily gotten the same point across in a shorter period of time. (I won't go into the plot holes)

Liked the new Harry Potter movie better and I'm not even into that universe.

Arrival

7 years ago
Never heard of it. Sounds like I'd be better off watching Temple of Doom for the hundredth time.

Arrival

7 years ago
It's just called Arrival.

Arrival

7 years ago
You could snort three lines of coke and fuck two supermodels, and you'd still be mildly indifferent.

Arrival

7 years ago
That's uncalled for. He isn't Axiom.

Arrival

7 years ago

Lol.

My biggest problem with the movie is it didn't suck enough for me to post on here and go on about how much it sucked thus causing Mizal and Malk to nerd rage at me about why my opinion was wrong.

It also wasn't great enough for me to like it and troll anyway about how much it sucked thus causing Mizal and Malk to nerd rage at me about why my opinion was wrong.

Instead it was so mediocre that I can't even be bothered to take glee in trashing it or troll Malk and Mizal about it.

Basically it just failed all the way around.

Arrival

7 years ago

What'd your wife think of it?

Like I said, probably more a movie aimed at the intelligent half of the species.

Malk is a good capy for convincing me to go see it, he can be an honorary woman for the day.

Arrival

7 years ago

She was indifferent to it, she had more problems with all the plot holes than I did actually.

Arrival

7 years ago

It required more thinking than sci-fi movies usually encourage, even to identify what you think is a plot hole.

It's done well in the box office, and I hope it wins awards. I'm not too happy that over the years sci-fi has been taken from a genre about exploring ideas to one focused solely on invoking the emotion of 'that was a cool special effect'.

The Ted Chiang short story it was based off of (Story of Your Life) I'm pretty sure used to be available as a free .pdf, but it seems annoyingly difficult to track down now. I'll probably grab the Kindle version of his collection. I'm sure Arrival has meant some massively increased sales for him too.

Arrival

7 years ago

It involved time manipulation. There’s a shitload of plot holes in anything time related because most people can’t write it in the first place.

I mean I’m willing to look past it usually, but to say it didn’t have any is laughable.

Arrival

7 years ago

> Be endmaster

> Be indifferent

>Pull out blood groove katana

Arrival

7 years ago
> Be Beta

> Go on CYS forums

>Use comedy chevrons wrongly

Arrival

7 years ago

> Be ford

> Go on CYS forum

> Make beta cry

Arrival

7 years ago

I've never really used the old blood groove katana joke on here.

A better one would have been:

> Be EndMaster

> Be indifferent

> Pull out of coins' mom

Arrival

7 years ago

It was a reference to the "indifferent loner with bloodgroove katana who wears a black trenchcoat and steeltoed boots" stereotype that is the entire forumgames section of the site.

Arrival

7 years ago

Who doesn't love some leather trench coats and steel toed boots.

Katana's are totally for filthy weebs though.

Arrival

7 years ago

That's cause three lines of coke isn't strong enough. He's gotta take a few hits of crack, it hits the brain stronger.