Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi

7 years ago

hi im new(bie?) yay! (Wut do i do kinda confused ;/)

Hi

7 years ago

Welcome to CYS! ^-^ 

What do you do, you ask? Just read some stories here and write some of your own :)

Hi

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS!

This is a writing site where people create and publish stories for other's entertainment. You can create your own or read other's stories.

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write story, since it will help you with your future storygames. 

Hi

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hi

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to the lovely land of CYS!

Hi

7 years ago

First off, you should work on your writing, especially if you are going to post in the forums more often. People will often judge you by how you write. 

Some useful tips are, capitalize the letter 'i' when appropriate. Use punctuation and grammar; and more often than not, write complete sentences and use correct spelling. This is a forum, not a giant text message.

I suggest you begin to read the stories here. It's been said that we need more readers on this site, and that they are more valuable than writers. I also recommend that if you want to use the forums, you should learn how to use them. Always keep threaded view on, learn to edit your posts when you need to, and greatest of all: lurk more. Read older threads, and learn about the site through it's members.

Have fun, and I hope you stick around. Most newbies fade into oblivion, and do not come back for a very long time.

Hi

7 years ago

If readers are more valuable than writers, I'm pretty much worth my weight in gold, aren't I? XD

Hi

7 years ago

Yessir! Seto, the golden reader!

Hi

7 years ago

I see what you did there. Because my profile picture is a Golden Retriever xD

Hi

7 years ago

yeah, golden retriever. >_>

No, I wasn't even thinking about it like that.

Hi

7 years ago

I will make sure to do that!

Hi

7 years ago

That's good to hear!