Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Worst Situation You Have Been In?

7 years ago
What is the worst situation you have been in? For me, it is today night. I have a physics exams tomorrow and I haven't studied anything. I am literally shaking, lol. What's yours? Maybe we can make this thread a becon of hope for people who are knee deep in crap Xd.

What is The Worst Situation You Have Ever Been In?

7 years ago
Freaking out is completely illogical.
I admit, that in theory, there is some level of hormonal excitement that could, in some conceivable circumstance, in the hypothetical, exceed the threshold of my emotional self-control.

7 years ago

One time, a friend of mine called me on the phone, crying, because nobody she was reaching out to would respond to her.

And I wasn't there.

Worst situation ever! :D

7 years ago
passed out on a workshop floor with a table saw still running and a bit of my thumb across the room with the wood I was cutting and blood pouring out of my thumb all over the dirty floor for about two hours before I came to, threw up, stopped the bleeding, unplugged everything, and went inside where my grandmother took care of me for a while until I got better.

I would like to clarify I fainted due to a combination of shock and blood loss. Adrenaline was pumping hard already cause I had nearly slipped my hand into a different saw a few minutes prior which made me put on protective gloves and when I went to work on the table saw my glove had a loose thread that got caught and pulled my thumb across the saw. I'm left with a scar and my thumb print on my right hand partially gone. Still got a thumb though - still works - still got the piece of wood cut in the end.

7 years ago
Gotta love how stupid the human body is at times.

7 years ago

Post a picture of your thumb!

7 years ago

Yeah! We need some bloody thumb pictures on CYS right now. Really haven't had enough recently!

7 years ago

I just want to see the scar / missing top of the thumb.

7 years ago
I'll see if my mother or father kept the picture of the bloody thumb I sent them after it happened.

Edit:: Mom kept the pic. Warning - there's a little puddle of blood on my freshly cleaned hand at the time

7 years ago
http://i.imgur.com/PRFwTAS.jpg much larger image than anticipated. It's basically where two of the saw teeth dug into the top of my thumb and of course obliterated that thumb area. So I had a missing chunk out of my thumb similar to a hole in the ground - but the overall shape of my thumb is similar to what it was (obviously the top of my thumb is now flat, but it's not really noticable).

Happened 4 years ago, when I was 14. Healed nicely and is less noticable than my other scars xD

I have a scar from my left nipple down to the bottom of my ribcage where a classmate stabbed me and cut the knife down - it was shallow but it left a scar. Kind of covered by some chest hair but if you insist on a photo ;)

Other major scar is the one on my eye. It's sort of down from my eyebrow to the side of my eye. That one was deep because I was hit with a baseball bat in elementary school really hard by an older kid.

7 years ago

Ford Delivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bank Holiday!

7 years ago

Sometimes when you pretend to commit voluntary manslaughter, hypothetical karma comes back to bite you in the imaginary part of your ass.

7 years ago
Yo, that is some stuff! Dang, I would probably never do that kind of thing, must have hurt like 'Hell." if you were missing part of your thumb, how did you get that fixed?

7 years ago

You say you want to make this a thread for those who are knee deep in crap eh? That's a coincedence, because my worst situation was falling into a porta potty... I was one stupid kid XD

7 years ago
Please elaborate.

7 years ago

*Sigh*

My brother told me if you pushed from inside, the top of the porta potty came off, so I went inside, stood on the toilet, then he scared me by banging on the door and I slipped and fell in.

7 years ago

Lol.

7 years ago
Drowning in literal shit would be a shitty way to go, glad to hear you persevered. How long were you flailing in the muck before they hauled your butt out?

7 years ago

It wasn't that deep, so I climbed out... But it was fucking disgusting. I had dried up shit all over me for three hours...

7 years ago

So far Potty King has the funniest “tragic” story.

"I had dried up shit all over me for three hours..."

Lol.

Potty King's Shit Story

7 years ago

Mhm. To make it worse it was super sunny and hot that day so the shit harden on me and... Well, I had my own armor!

God I feel so bad for myself...

Potty King's Shit Story

7 years ago

Damn... >.< Feelsbadman

7 years ago

Hey, atleast the Nazzis didn't find yo- Oh. Riigghht...

7 years ago
If @#coins was alive, this is what he would have said - "One day I came back, hopping and skipping, from my kindergarden and found my mom in bed.... with Endmaster!"

7 years ago
It must be nice to have the worst situation you've ever faced on your life just be a test at school you didn't prepare for...

Where does this rate against a family member dying or, idk, something REALLY bad like losing hair?

7 years ago
Well, I did lose my hair and decided to pull a Jason Statham. But then I shaved my head and started growing a badass beard. It looks half decent so I don't pay much mind to it anymore. As for the death, I have realized that human mind has one great ability - to forget. It is like a broken bone. It hurts so much when it happens. It keeps hurting for six months. And then life just goes on... :)

7 years ago

You think losing a family member is a bad situation?

7 years ago

And you wonder why @mizal thinks you're a robot...

7 years ago
Uh, have you seen Wally? Danaos is far too evil to be a robot. Even Terminators could become good.

7 years ago

Yes. Yes I do. Though, there are different ways of losing a family member. It doesn't necessarily have to be a "they died", but however you lost them, it's generally always pretty sad.

7 years ago
depends on the family member and how they were lost. If I lost my aunt in walmart I would just leave tbh not even a big deal really.

7 years ago
Wait, did you just rank losing a family member as not as bad as "Losing hair?" Whoa, well, I guess that both would be bad now that I think about it, but I personally wouldn't know what it would be like to lose hair, as I have too much hair!

7 years ago

Had a scary moment where I was basically homeless for a bit...had to sleep outside for a few days. I was 16, so I obviously didn't have money to buy a house or rent a place. 

7 years ago
I was home alone for the day and a guy tried to break in to my house. he kept jiggling the damn door. It was very irritating, so I called the cops.

7 years ago
Someone tried to break in your house and it was just..."irritating"... are you secret KGB?

7 years ago
What's KGB

7 years ago
It was an Elite Russian Special Force, made to kick Nazi a**!

7 years ago
The KGB was formed nine years after the end of WWII, dumbass.

7 years ago
So much hate, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

7 years ago
nice!

7 years ago
Holy fcuk...and I though I had a shitty 16th. Sorry.

7 years ago

Damn... ;-; This makes me sad.

7 years ago

It involves suicide.

But ya didn't hear it from me!

Edit: And cancer.

Liver cancer.

SHHHHH

7 years ago

This isn't the worst situation I've ever been in, but I felt pretty bad.

I was chilling with a friend after church, and we were over at another friend's house. He was there to get his hair cut, as the dude wanted to be a barber, and needed the practice. We were there for a while. I mostly sat and told various jokes and stories, and we were having a conversation. Soon, after lurking in their backyard screwing with their old, soggy, and rusted junk, I saw a wheelchair was up underneath their overhang. Me, being a natural memelord, and moron, set it up, and took it for a spin. I made the required joke about depression, and began to roll off in my new ride. 

im sorry to those of you who may actually need a wheelchair I went down the street, and by this time, it was pretty dark. I saw a woman walking, and she asked me a question about what street was where. I told her I didn't know. The conversation continued, with me still sitting in the wheelchair.

"What are you doing out here?" She inquired in a curious manner.

"Just ou for a midnight roll, what's going on with you?" I asked.

"Someone just stole my car, and all my stuff was in it. My purse, my phone, everything." 

I answered, still upholding the illusion that I actually needed a wheelchair, "At least they didn't steal your legs." I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

She laughed, "I dunno, you still seem to get around."

"I guess." I shrugged.

She walked off, and I attempted to roll up the driveway of my friend's house. I couldn't. I made sure the lady was out of sight, and picked up the chair, and then rolled up the drive way to my friends. I told them what happened, and asked them which street was where, as the woman asked me. The one cutting my friend's hair explained, and told me to go tell the lady. I told him to do it, as I said she bought my act of needing a wheelchair. I eventually swallowed my pride, and walked down to where she went. She was nowhere in sight.

So in conclusion, I had crippling depression, and duped some lady who got her car stolen.

7 years ago
Eh, you may have been mildly insensitive, but you weren't actively trying to be a jackass. Well, no more of a jackass than can be expected of any teenager ever. At least you tried to help. Swallowing your pride and owning up to a mistake or lapse in judgment takes courage.

7 years ago

One time when I was younger I was using those little firework things that expand and my thumb caught on fire. Probably not one of the worst things that happened to me but the worst I can think of.

7 years ago
I'm sorry, but this made me laugh.

We used to play the coal game as teenagers... college students... maybe still now given the right night. You get a stick and drag a "not completely glowing hot coal" to the edge of the firepit, toss it up in the air, rattle it around in your hand, and pass it off to someone else. Who, of course, will do the same. So long as you don't grab it like a hammer, you can pass it around without burning yourself.

Uh, I should probably add a disclaimer: Don't try this at home. And if you do... good luck?

7 years ago

Too many injured thumbs here. XD

7 years ago

Worst can be interpreted in different ways so here are some of my worst moments:

Most embarrassing: I knocked over a table at my brother's wedding (Not on purpose).

Most dangerous: I jumped out of a car driving along the highway/freeway/whatever other names there are for it.

Most, um... depressing?: I had three family members die this year (and my grandfather on my dad's side but i never met him, because he's a bastard that abandoned my family), but even that was just pretty... meh.

7 years ago
In Preschool, I had a huge gash on my forehead because I ran into a column's edge because I wasn't paying attention. The school had to call my parents so they could take me to a hospital. During the ride, my father had to apply pressure on the wound. When we got there, the doctor was able to sew it back up and I was left with a scar. It's still there, albeit very faint.

7 years ago

During a fit of psychotic something, I felt that jumping on a shoddy mattress on a poor bed was smart. Fractured my chin and got a massive cut.

7 years ago
Dude, that makes me want to protect my chin! That however, would have sounded like a good idea though as a kid.

7 years ago

OMG I also have a scar on my forehead (ish... Well... It's more like just above my eyebrow and between them...). I fell from the windowsill (into the inside of the building!) and bashed my head into the metal edge. Oops. Hey, I was, what, three? Four? I wouldn't consider that my worst situation though.

7 years ago

Ooh, I've both fallen off a ladder face first into the sidewalk and smacked my head against a corner of the wall while spinning around.

Forehead scar-ees unite?

7 years ago

Ye!! And our crest will be a forehead with a scar on it. :D

7 years ago
We'll call this union the "Faction of Flawed Foreheads".

7 years ago

We'll keep one of you in every school, just in case a Dark Lord shows up.

7 years ago

Every school? That would take a lot of kids with busted foreheads. Imagine the initiation to get into this club XD

"Alright, you can join, but first we must carve up your forehead with a jagged piece of metal. You up to date on your shots?"

7 years ago

*wide, round eyes* We'll make sure it's the worst moment they will ever have. *laughs maniacally*

7 years ago

One Christmas my brothers all got boomerangs and I was watching them throw them out, trying to get them to return, which they succeeded at when they figured it out. And one if their boomerangs attacked me, making a slice on my forehead. It hurt a lot and I cried a lot. For a couple of weeks I had a big Band aid on my face.

7 years ago

Welcome to the gang! :D

7 years ago

Haha, I once did that to someone. I threw the boomerang, and felt super bad afterwards. 

7 years ago
Dude, that had to hurt. I probably wouldn't want to know what that would have looked like, but I did have something similar happen to me where I was hit with a towel's edge and it hit my eye and cause much pain for a couple of days, but I didn't lose any light perception or anything and I had no vision, so the worst I really had was just a lot of pain.

7 years ago

Had a meth addict pull a knife on me and put it to my throat before because I was kicking it with his girlfriend. Luckily, nobody got stabbed, so all in all a pretty decent time.

7 years ago

Most recently which was yesterday me and my friend went to a well in a neighborhood alleyway that was like two grown men deep. My friend told me to go inside so he could put it on his snapchat story for the lulz. I went inside and roleplayed as if he was going to be hannibal lector when out of the blew he grabbed my bag that I had left up top and sprinted away from the well. I thought he was coming back and it was just a joke but after like ten minutes I knew he had no plans of helping me  out which blew ass because getting out of the well was a two man job.

So like a hour later I managed to get out with a ripped shirt and some scrapes and my hunt began to find that prick and get him back which leads to a whole other story.

On a positive note a cool snapchat story came out of the whole ordeal.

7 years ago

This guy was your friend?

7 years ago

To be fair I probably did something equally as shitty awhile back or hadn't paid him back for when we went to the movies. It's all fine now though.

7 years ago

*facepalm* You're saying you deserved it? D:

7 years ago

Most likely yeah.

7 years ago

Let's see... Dad poisoned to death, shot brother for dinner, went to war with sworn BFF for eternity...

Ooh, Khan died once. Twice, here.

Pushed through in the end.

7 years ago
Everyone on this site is sick! The worst I have had is just a failed exam, lol...

7 years ago
nah we've just experienced more than 14 years of life

7 years ago
He was allegedly 17 some time ago. Although I will admit, he does seem to have decidedly less than 17 years of experience.

7 years ago
I am 19 now people! So bow thou me EDIT: Fuck Autocorrect

7 years ago

You are as old as me. o-o

7 years ago

You're going to have 19 less points if you don't knock off this cat bullshit.

7 years ago

Cat...?

7 years ago

Meh, I dunno I just felt the urge to bully Negative for no apparent reason.

The line was altered from Fallout 2. There's a little girl saying "Meow, meow, I am a cat." and your character can say to her, "I'm going to kick your ass if you don't knock off this cat bullshit."

Then she runs to her mom. It's pretty funny.

7 years ago
le enlightened 17-year old over here with his vast amount of life experience

7 years ago
Hmm, worst situation? That is kind of hard, I guess having to "Cheat." on a reading log once because it caused a bunch of consequences for me in my 6th grade future, but that was 6 years ago.

7 years ago

Years of childhood neglect and abuse.......oh shit was this supposed to be not depressing? I mean uhhhhh one time I fell off a cliff (no really) but didn't get hurt and was hanging onto this ledge to scared to climb back up. Some random hiker climbed down and helped me up. I thought I was going to die there for a while.

7 years ago

Wow. You're lucky that hiker wasn't an asshole.

7 years ago

Very, very lucky because nobody would ever know...>~<