Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

I don't like anime. I don't like manga. I love Hunter x Hunter. It's intense storytelling, deep characterization (Gon, Killua, Knuckle, Shoot) compelling antagonists (Mereum, Nobunga) and emotion (Chimera Ants) are outside of this world. The Jen system is genius.

Any Hunter x Hunter fans around?

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

Woot woot

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

Nen. Damn autocorrect

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

What's it about? Busy with Cowboy Bebop atm.

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

I like that show.

Hunter X Hunter is pretty complicated, imo.

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

A 12 year old boy named Gon from a small island starts becomes a Hunter (magical kungfu bounty hunter celebrity) in search of his deadbeat dad, who's one of the strongest Hunters in the world. It's really hard to explain. There is so much more to it then that, but  keeping this spoiler free.

It's a deconstruction of manga and anime. They author flips a lot of common tropes in anime. Unlike most manga, Gin isn't stronger than everyone else. He's very weak, because he's so young. The antagonists actually have personalities with more than one dimension. As the plot progresses, they actually grow. It's very well made, 5/7.

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

Weak main character, complex personalities, and changing looks as the story progresses.... Welp, Try Fairy Tail. (Yeah, not a typo. Tail, not tale.)

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

what about changing looks?

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

Aye, I might check it out, but I'm really picky.

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

I haven't read the manga yet. How different is it(manga) from the anime?

Do you suggest that I read the manga as well?

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

I haven't read the manga. They're a little farther ahead into three next arc. The authOr has mental health problems. Sometimes he has tho take extended breaks. It's been two years since the  issue.

Hunter x Hunter

7 years ago

Ayyy mate! I used to love this anime! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish the whole anime but I'm looking forward to that day.