Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Quick Match

7 years ago

So, I am going to try and make this Story game, but It will not be a CYOA. I will gather together many different characters from anything you wish and you can choose who they can fight in this. The story will be simply for entertainment purposes. I will determine the victor of each match through votes at my school, and actual research to determine the winner of each match. I feel like this will be very different from the usual story games on CYS, and I'm not sure if it will be accepted by the community, but if you think this is a good idea, give me some good ideas for Characters to use. I currently have none so I can let the community give me some choices. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Dear B101,

I find your idea impressive and interesting. A week or so before this post, I've had a much similar idea: Comic Book Beatdown. It contains many of my favorite heroes and villains fighting in an unknown terrain. I haven't started to make the post, however. I was going to post it before i saw this. I wanted to make a post, and let you know I wasn't attempting to copy or steal your idea. Before I made this post, I wanted to see if it was alright with you.

Sincerely,

Galactic_Sniper

Quick Match

7 years ago

I mean... we could co create it together I suppose

Quick Match

7 years ago

is this message to me or JJJ-The Banisher?

Quick Match

7 years ago

You.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Wow! That would be great! I'm a hardcore comic reader of Marvel, Dc, Image, Darkhorse, and plenty of others. I'd be honored to work with you.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Great! There'll be more than just comic characters in this tho.

Quick Match

7 years ago

You're by far the most polite Nazi  I've ever seen

Quick Match

7 years ago

I... I'm not sure how to take this...

Quick Match

7 years ago

He was talking to Galactic_Sniper.

Quick Match

7 years ago

I know

Quick Match

7 years ago

Seems like one of the nicer ones. He'd still push you into the showers, but he'd shed a tear afterwards.

Quick Match

7 years ago

If it's not a CYOA then it will get unpublished!

Quick Match

7 years ago
Kick him to the curb! I mean, curb stomp him! I mean... kick him towards the Creative Corner! Yeah! The last one!

Quick Match

7 years ago

When I get finished with a rough draft version, I'll have you preview it if you like, just to see what I have in mind.

Quick Match

7 years ago

As long as there are choices to be made by the reader, then you'll be fine.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Well, there would be the links to click on to choose what characters would battle, and the specific setting, all determining the outcome of the match. There would also be alternate endings for those not satisfied with their outcome.

Quick Match

7 years ago

I have a few questions.

1. Do you make choices during the fight or just pit two people against each other and see what happens?

2. Is health going to be a variable?

3. Can our characters be slightly fan-fic?

Quick Match

7 years ago

1. I'm thinking of having different options in the fight to give one brawler an upper hand during a battle.

2. Health will not be a variable. It's purpose would totally be defeated by Characters like Wolverine or Deadpool.

3. Well, that depends... I already have a large cast that I'll have to subside, but it really depends on the character you present. I'm not using FNAF or Skylanders, maybe I'll use Spyro tho. 

Quick Match

7 years ago

Jacksepticeye fan-fic character for a video game me and my friend are making. Basically, won't be able to realize he's fan-fic unless you think into it really deep.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Funny thing is, I was actually thinking of using actual people as bonus characters. As in Jacksepticeye, Markiplier, Pewdiepie, and maybe even CYS community members here on the site XD

Quick Match

7 years ago

If you include CYS community members, make sure they're okay with you putting them in the game beforehand.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Yeah, I planned on it, thanks for telling me anyways.

Quick Match

7 years ago

I didn't think anyone else here would be into YouTube XD. Anyway, In my planned back story for him he was created during a cloning incident along with Anti. Him and jack both have badass powers like huge green rays of death, summoning infinite ammo revolvers, telekinesis.

E:  If you have any questions about the game or more character background, PM me because I don't want to derail the thread.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Interesting. Personally, I was gonna use Jack with his Septic Eye powers, Mark with his Moustache powers, and Pewds with the power of the Bro Fist.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Yeah, makes sense.In my opinion, They should all ave an ability where they turn into their alter ego, so Mark to Wario Warfstache, Pewds to Beast Master 64, and jack to Antisepticeye.

Quick Match

7 years ago

That'd make for an interesting battle, especially against the likes of Spider-Man, Predator, and so forth.

Quick Match

7 years ago

Robbaz should be a character.