Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Future Plan for My CYOA Jan - March

7 years ago

This is not a specific date, as if it was, I'll never be able to keep up with these CYOA. To start out, I'm working on the Blue Blur. I do hope to finish Jan, but if not so, then probably in the next month. After that is finished, I'll release Flip throughout Pages, a comical-like STORY that doesn't have that much CYOA parts in it that is about an unknown author gets ahold of a original copy of "The Adventures of KitKat" (Which will be its own story in the future, but it won't be until a while) and unmasks the book's power of the illegal copyright ability, that is easily surpassed because of the outdated technology used in books, and decides to rewrite as his own. Now KitKat, a cat who has no business saving the book world or knows that she actually is saving her world, has TO SAVE HER WORLD. She is not a nice cat though, but tries to become a good cat in the process of looking for her fish. Scribbles knows more behind it than KitKat, and pairs up with her to save this book! The final book planned to be released soon is a Halloween story. Doodler is not going genocide when making this book, because this is more like a " Modern-Fantasy based from the Halloween theme. I hope this will be strong using CYOA mechanic. The plot is simple - You wake up to realize that you were laying next to your biggest fear, Halloween, and that your unaware of someone looking for you. There is a reason why I'm doing this book, and that's because I already written it - on paper. So having another book and adding CYOA DNA into it will make this a good book. Plus, anything is possible when there's a such thing as Christmas in July. (That was not suppose to sound rude or anything like that) The last thing is, after I finish the Blue Blur, I'll start doing a mini-story series promoting this Halloween book, called Balloonnee the Balloon's Guide on for World Domination. New episode every week! More info on my profile! ( Is this all good?)

More details on my profile.

7 years ago
You seem very young and kind of adorable, so I actually feel sort of bad about all the things that are going to happen when you publish these.

7 years ago

The plots sound a bit random, but they certainly sound entertaining.

7 years ago
Commended by JJJ-thebanisher on 1/18/2017 9:41:33 PM
Wow. That's a lot. Is it all good? Well, it could be good, or it could be a pile of you-know-what. Without having more details, no one can tell. It does look like you can type, use punctuation and capital letters, so that's nice.

My humble suggestions? Take your time and don't rush it. One of the biggest reasons new members here give for publishing horrible stories is that they ran out of time or didn't want to wait to publish it. Believe me, I get it. I know I couldn't wait to publish my first story here. And you know what? It's crap. It might even help for you to write a crap game, just to get your first game published! Then, when everyone tells you how bad it is, you can unpublish and write. Seriously, don't be in a hurry.

Second, I'd suggest if you haven't already, please do read many of the articles listed in the Help and Info Section under the heading "Storywriting." There are a lot of good tips there on how to make your story something that won't be hammered with bad comments.

Third, be sure you have thick skin. You could write the best story in the world here and there is a 100% chance someone is going to hate it. In fact, there will be more than one someone. Now if it is the majority, then you might actually have a bad story -- but prepare yourself for bad comments. Look for constructive ones, too, as some members here really do want to read good stories and they will help you if they see you need help.

Good luck and have fun!

7 years ago
Commended by JJJ-thebanisher on 1/19/2017 9:30:05 PM
I've taken the liberty of breaking up the original text wall, for readability. (Formatting the things you're trying to say with an eye for clarity and accessibility is one of those things you're going to need to pay attention to when writing for an audience.)

This is not a specific date, as if it was, I'll never be able to keep up with these CYOA.

To start out, I'm working on the Blue Blur. I do hope to finish Jan, but if not so, then probably in the next month.

After that is finished, I'll release Flip throughout Pages, a comical-like STORY that doesn't have that much CYOA parts in it that is about an unknown author gets ahold of a original copy of "The Adventures of KitKat" (Which will be its own story in the future, but it won't be until a while) and unmasks the book's power of the illegal copyright ability, that is easily surpassed because of the outdated technology used in books, and decides to rewrite as his own.

Now KitKat, a cat who has no business saving the book world or knows that she actually is saving her world, has TO SAVE HER WORLD. She is not a nice cat though, but tries to become a good cat in the process of looking for her fish. Scribbles knows more behind it than KitKat, and pairs up with her to save this book!

The final book planned to be released soon is a Halloween story. Doodler is not going genocide when making this book, because this is more like a " Modern-Fantasy based from the Halloween theme. I hope this will be strong using CYOA mechanic.

The plot is simple - You wake up to realize that you were laying next to your biggest fear, Halloween, and that your unaware of someone looking for you. There is a reason why I'm doing this book, and that's because I already written it - on paper. So having another book and adding CYOA DNA into it will make this a good book. Plus, anything is possible when there's a such thing as Christmas in July. (That was not suppose to sound rude or anything like that)

The last thing is, after I finish the Blue Blur, I'll start doing a mini-story series promoting this Halloween book, called Balloonnee the Balloon's Guide on for World Domination. New episode every week! More info on my profile! ( Is this all good?)

Now I'm going to be blunt here and say what no one else has been willing to: Between this and the Sonic story you posted the other day, as it stands, you're probably incapable of writing something that will meet minimum site standards.

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't write. You should write as much as you can, and read as much as you can, and continue to practice and improve. It's just that actually publishing a story on the site before you get a better grasp of grammar and other elements of writing would be really inadvisable. Work on communicating clearly in other ways first, perhaps. Forum posts or short stories blurbs for the Creative Corner, and writing things for school. (You can always ask a teacher for advice just fyi.)

Obviously you're young (You sent me a PM saying you were young...and then an hour later sent me another one demanding acknowledgment of the first, so uh, I believe you...) and everyone starts somewhere. You're probably talented for your age and in a couple of years will be past your Sonic fanfic and wacky cat phase and be able to use all the things you've learned to write a story that will be much better accepted here.