Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Not sure where this goes...

7 years ago

My account CrazyCat and my friend's account BoopyDoopy are unable to login. When we do, one click and it logs us out. Does this mean we were banned? If so, why? If not...well, it's a bug then?

7 years ago

They're probably banned.

7 years ago

I don't know why though. I can't think of any reason.

7 years ago

Did your friend log in on your computer?

7 years ago

Nope. We both have school iPads, and she sometimes uses hers from home, I would guess.

7 years ago

As I remember it was for duel cheating.

7 years ago

How could you cheat? I rarely duel except with cysid, and she doesn't have any alternate accounts that I'm aware of. I could ask.

7 years ago

Well these were all the alts found under your IP: Puppet, Soul_Writer, BoopyDoopy, CrazyCat, Nightsky, Fiery_Phoenix, EternallyWaiting

Now personally, I remember banning Fiery_Phoenix and Eternally Waiting. I think I might have gotten Puppet too, but I don't remember.

One of other admins got the rest of the alts.

7 years ago

I know that Puppet is my sister, Fiery_Phoenix is her old account that I took over, but I have no idea how BoopyDoopy has the same IP...

Maybe she made it at school? That would mean the same IP, because we go to the same school....

7 years ago

One of my friends got banned for that.

7 years ago

The main problem was all these alts were dueling with each other and since some of them were not really being used all that much and had the same IP it looked like they were being abused for cheating.

7 years ago

So we were banned for dueling with our friends who happened to make their accounts in the same place? I can see why that would seem that way...

Is there any way to undo a ban? Or do I just have to re-make my stories, since I can't add myself as co-author?

7 years ago

Mods can un-ban accounts, which is a rather recent addition, so if you get un-banned, you'll probably be the first!

7 years ago

Well if any of those accounts were unbanned, I would like it to be CrazyCat(the main one I log into pretty much every day, or used to), and BoopyDoopy. Puppet I don't care about because my sister probably forgot about her account by now, like Fiery_Phoenix.

7 years ago

Nah, I unbanned Genghis Khan recently.

Okay, since this was just dueling (rather than something like plagairism, or being a trolling fucktard), I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and unban Boopy and CrazyCat.

You guys got a penalty for possible duel cheating. (0 points and probation) but you're back.

7 years ago

Thank you SO much! You might as well ban this account then...

7 years ago

Lol, okay then.

7 years ago

Do you think if I made a suggestion to say on the profile when people are banned it would pass? Then others wouldn't have to post in this forum. It'd help a lot, since I assumed it was a problem at first and waited for it to pass.

7 years ago

I asked for this a week ago and it was rejected because "Current system is fine".  I asked because this happened to me with my first account but I couldn't get a post like this in.

7 years ago

Oh. Alright.

7 years ago

Actually a suggestion like that was already made, and I don't think it passed.

Honestly, I've seen you and Boopy lurking about long enough that neither of you has caused any real trouble that I'm willing to sort of believe that you might have been dueling (or someone using your computer was) and didn't realize what it might have looked like to us.

Of course I can't really confirm that, so hence the point penalty.