Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/11/2017: Not necessary whatsoever. We're a small community and word travel fast.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

So, after some confusion in which Plelb was using an alt to troll people, I realized that it would be nice if mods could tag an account as an alt.

So imagine a regular profile, but if that person is an alt, a mod could be allowed to tag the person as (insert name here)'s alt. It can show up on the persons profile. This could reduce confusion and the person will be less likely to shitpost using alts and stuff because they know they'll be in trouble since every admin can just check their profile and see whos alt it is.

I'm probably an idiot for posting this... but I though it was a good idea.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago
Banning the alt also fixes that problem.

And/or the main.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

That's not a very good idea in my opinion. The alt might not have done anything wrong, but if they DO something wrong, then that's when the tagging comes in handy, because they can just check whos alt it is. Banning an alt for no reason seems dumb. Unless they duel cheat or spam, simple bannage is pointless.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago
but everyone who has an alt is an alt of that alt so anyone who has ever made an alt will be labeled as an alt.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

Oh great, another alt.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago
People who have another CYS member in their household will also be labeled as alts and that'll lead to a fuckton of confusion. Also it doesn't really take much effort to just tag individual accounts.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

Yeah, me and my brother use different accounts, even though he doesn't get on much anymore.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago
I live with my cousin, who also happens to be a member of CYS.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

Another interesting idea, Minnie :)

I have a good feeling that this may just be the one that's finally accepted. 

But then again, maybe not.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

I've already had one accepted. About 100+ rejected xD

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

Ah, is that so? Well nobody can take away that determination of yours, that's for sure.

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

True.

Now i'm gonna go play Undertale for 500 hours.

DETERMINATION!

Mod Alt Tagging

7 years ago

Probably should just ban Plelb.

I know it doesn't address the long term issue of alts, but it would raise everyone's morale around here.