Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Music Stuff

7 years ago

I'm not sure whether piano music and the like belong here...but if artwork belong here, this should...I think. Please excuse any background noise that may or may not be in any of the recordings I may or may not post here. Criticism and the like are appreciated, but I'd like it if it was more than "you suck. Stop playing the piano".

Click this if you wish.

Thank you.

Music Stuff

7 years ago

Yeah this is fine to put here.

Music Stuff

7 years ago

I'm going to try to set this as my alarm or ringtone or something, if that's okay with you. xD

Music Stuff

7 years ago

"SHIT"

- t count

Lol, I suddenly have very high expectations. :P

Music Stuff

7 years ago

xD My expectations were actually quite high... this was enlightening. :3

Music Stuff

7 years ago

Alright, this was great on the whole, and you chose a particularly challenging work to cover. Specific feedback follows

0:20 to 0:35 was off (this is also the most intense part of the work)
0:49 to 0:55 was nice
1:10 to 1:18 was off
1:18 to 1:57 was an interesting tempo change from the original
2:05 to 2:29 was excellent
2:55 to 3:12 same issue as the start, pacing slightly off
Ended a bit faster than the normal (which paced out smoothly)

Thanks for sharing :)

Music Stuff

7 years ago

Thank you for the feedback! I realize bits were slightly different, but I didn't have a piano sheet to go off of, so I did add bits in that I felt sounded better. It's usually what happens when I play anything by ear >~> 

Anyways, glad you enjoyed it, and thank you again for the feedback ^_^

Music Stuff

7 years ago

It felt sloshy in places, like it would lean back and be a regular speed you'd hear at a piano recital, but at different points turn right back and go fast, like it sounds in the game, but then hang back more slowly again. Granted, sloshing around in speed and structure can go pretty well for some pieces, but those were designed with a little back-and-forth in mind. Megalovania feels a little weird and jarring this way.

Music Stuff

7 years ago

Hmm...Maybe I need to try again. This song is hard to get perfect xD

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Music Stuff

6 years ago

I'm not sure how to criticize music, so I'll just have to say what I feel about it.

The intro definitely sounds like a lullaby, and calms me just a bit. Nice use of chimes, or whatever sound you used in the creation of this lullaby. I think it's from 00:00 to 00:20, after that the notes start to 'overlap' and goes off-beat. This stops at around 00:53, and becomes relaxing again.

The middle, particularly the part with high sound (waves?) took me by surprise. It honestly doesn't fit a lullaby, and woke me up a little bit inside (no pun intended). Once 1:50 started, I heard someone mashing the piano. It doesn't provide a good transition to the soft, and peaceful lullaby feeling.

The end is quite nice, but is a little too quiet even for a lullalby. I supposed it's a good change of pace.

Maybe this music video could help out in your future music making:

Music Stuff

6 years ago

It's actually the piano version of Davy Jone's theme :P

From POC

Entire song was on the piano, the beginning part was the second and third set of keys ^_^

If you're interested in the original, here's one version of it.

My phone's recorder is not the best, and my piano is set in a place where it's easy to echo. I usually use my actual mic for these sort of recordings, but my roommate's borrowing it >~<

Music Stuff

6 years ago
Very well done. Because of the "totally" in the link, I was actualy expecting it to be some loud rock music, glad that was not the case. And ignore Temp, he is not someone who's opinion you can trust.

Music Stuff

6 years ago

I can't play loud rock music on the piano xD

Well. I possibly can...I've never tried xD 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

I really like this! Pretty jazzy (especially the beginning) and reminds me of some of the compositions I used to do. I can imagine a remix version of it already.

Music Stuff

6 years ago

If you want to hear a remixed version of it, I can show you. XD

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Run to front stage, you’re all actors anyway, no one to watch, 
You’re all part of the play

Literally the hardest thing I've ever played >~< but I really enjoyed doing it!

Working up the courage to post it is hard! Since I'm pretty sure I messed up a bit and I'm too afraid to relisten to see if I did. But if I do I would chicken out on posting it >~>

Have a better work space now so that's good, no more echoey echoes haha.

And yes, yes it really did hurt my fingers. RIP fingers.

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Holy f*ckin crap. How. Do. You. Play. So. Damn. Fast. Geeze that's awesome. 
I mean, I have compositions that kill my fingers, but no where near that. XD 
*listens to it another couple times* 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

A lot of practice x'D

I know what notes I want to hit before I hit them, and I know exactly where the notes would be.

It helps that I made the sheet music so it's even more familiar to me.

And yes, you could say that I'm very good with my fingers x'D

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Love your piano skills. I'm a pianist myself, and I'm currently trying to master some current projects. Happy playing! 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

I would love to hear some of your current projects o.o!

Music Stuff

6 years ago

How long have you been playing anyways? 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Well, I have been messing around with pianos since I was...2 or so? 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

I started when I was in second grade. I honestly hate site reading.. 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Since I compose my own stuff I usually don't have any problems with sight reading ^_^

I know exactly what I'm trying to do :P

I'm fairly good at not needing to look at my piano when I'm playing, so I'd probably be good at sight reading anyways.

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Can I hire you to compose a song for me? 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

XD sure! Though I'm not sure how good I'd be at doing anything specific, since most of my stuff is cause I 1) Really feel like trying to adapt a piece to piano or 2) I'm feeling really emotional, take everything out on my piano, find out I like it, elaborate on what I've already done, etc.

Basically all my work is more or less spontaneous and I pour my heart into them, so I can usually only compose the really beautiful stuff when I'm feeling a specific emotion very strongly >~> mehhh.

Music Stuff

6 years ago

If you can make a version of Unravel from Tokyo Ghoul on sheet music and send it to me, you will be my god. 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Oh! I already have that :D

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Send me the link of the sheet music please. Or at least make it a little bit less complicated because I fucking suck at reading notes. I try, but it takes me some time. x'D 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

If you want an easy version, I am not the one to go to x'D

Refer to the song I finished today. Complicated is my thing \o/

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Fark. Gimme the complicated version then. 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

I'll send you a link to it in PMs ^_^ just gimme a second since I need to find it (it's somewhere in this binder)

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Thanks!! 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Sent!

Good luck x3 you'll need it. It's a tough one~

Music Stuff

6 years ago

I've seen worse so I'm fine right now. It'll take me some time to chow through this though.. 

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Hahaha, nice megalovania there. It's a pretty awesome song.

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Thanks! And it is :3

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Short songs:

Pathway

Hanezeve Caradhina

I might be attempting Mirage soon, since Made in the Abyss has a wonderful OST (and it is a request, after all)

Though I am finishing another project, so probably not anytime soon.

Music Stuff

6 years ago

Since you're already basically doing some weebish stuff, wanna try covering something like this?