Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

For Honor

7 years ago

This game is absolutely amazing. I love the innovative gameplay and characters, favorite being the Orochi (first character) and part of the Samurai faction. Does anybody else have this game? What character do you prefer?

For Honor

7 years ago

Personally, I hate this game but all my friends love it.

For Honor

7 years ago

I think Malk likes it. A couple of my friends really like it but I think it looks super boring.

For Honor

7 years ago

Really? The combo and learning curve are really fun, but if you're not into hack and slash games I can understand.

For Honor

7 years ago

can confirm: am malk

For Honor

7 years ago

Yeah, it's pretty great. I've been maining Warden and I've been having fun absolutely destroying cocksure weabs with zone attacks. Once you master the mechanics of guard-breaking, you can basically pubstomp.

For Honor

7 years ago

If you main peacekeeper, I'm hunting you down.

For Honor

7 years ago

I don't use Peacekeepers, but I don't understand all of the hate that they get. What gives? I've never encountered a Peacekeeper that's been more than a moderate challenge in taking down.

For Honor

7 years ago

Because they're dual-wielders, and therefore cause hemorrhages in all HEMA participants. They're also the closest thing to spies/assassins that the game has, and therefore have no HONOR!

For Honor

7 years ago

What about the actual ninjas?

For Honor

7 years ago

I don't think the Orochi are ninjas. It said their combat methods are based on ninja techniques, not that they are ninjas themselves. In fact, I'm pretty sure it stated that they are Samurai.

For Honor

7 years ago

Just saying.

They have Katanas and Smoke Bombs.

For Honor

7 years ago

There are no actual ninjas. The one guy had "Ninja techniques", but if it were anything other than aesthetic, there'd be actual sneaking involved and not just smokey distractions.

For Honor

7 years ago

Dude, I sneak all the time during Dominion.

For Honor

7 years ago

Running between points A and C whilst harassing the enemy is hardly what I'd call sneaking. At least that's what I do with the Orochi's speed.

For Honor

7 years ago

Orochi can sneak about as well as a berserker, or really anyone who moves fast. Orochi can hit-and-run, but he doesn't really sneak around so much as he avoids direct conflict and the other people ignore him.

For Honor

7 years ago

They bleed you dry like the IRS.

For Honor

7 years ago

Play Warden. Bleed resistance for days. Also, Femshep

For Honor

7 years ago

I hate Wardens. They're damn near unstoppable whenever they are in zone B. They just keep killing the mooks and never slow down.

For Honor

7 years ago

Try to get in close and guard-break them. You wear down their stamina that way. 

For Honor

7 years ago

I am a Ninja as well.

I made him African American just to fuck with continuity even more so than this game already does.

I like kicking people off small ledges.

7/10

Basically MMO Deadliest Warrior.

For Honor

7 years ago

I main an Orochi and am also in the Samurai faction. It's a great game in my opinion. I was worried that it would get repetitive (and it kinda does), but each battle has its own thrill to it. It's especially nice to have a duel against someone that knows what they're doing and having a good, close fight.

For Honor

7 years ago

I haven't played much, but I do like Lawbringer the best. Mostly because the poleaxe is my favorite weapon in human history, next two the Napoleonic claymore.

It's pretty good in gameplay, but I don't like how people define "Honor". "Scum" is how the game was designed. You're supposed to be able to throw people off the cliffs and into fire, (Hell, that's the Raider's whole gimmick to begin with.) you're supposed to have a huge advantage by working together. If you didn't want your teammates to, y'know, help you win the game, then you should've chosen 1v1 instead of 2v2. Honor culture is shit and hypocritical.

For Honor

7 years ago

No, you're just trash. If you gank in a Brawl, all you've done is fill up their Revenge meter and made it harder for their teammate. 

For Honor

7 years ago

No, you're just butthurt. The whole point of the revenge meter is that so you can take on multiple people. If you want to do 1v1, there is an actual 1v1 mode. A brawl isn't there so you can just sort of duel at the same time. That doesn't change the gameplay at all and would be a waste of a gamemode. It's a four-player battle, four people fight each other, that's the fucking point.

For Honor

7 years ago

Dude. I hope I never have to play with you, because you're literally trash. The more blocks he makes, the more the revenge meter goes up. It makes way more fucking sense to let your teammate 1v1 him, and step in if he dies. 

For Honor

7 years ago

So, don't let the other guy have the cool, fun thing as well as you, sit there and wait boredly in order to exploit the game just because it gets to be a slog for everyone. Seriously, what the hell makes it any different than 1v1, then? I mean, other than the ability to not wait around for the other half of your team to finish before you get involved and the option to sort of pick who you're going to fight. If 2v2 is going to be the same thing as 1v1, then why have 2v2? I'd get it if you're supposed to be having an MLG tournament or some shit where everything has to be equal the whole time, but the revenge meter is a fun equalizer to go up against, and ambushing people from behind after defeating the other dude is pretty much the only reason to finish first. 

If I wanted to have a 1v1 fight, I'd go into 1v1. I do gank people, because it adds variety to what was otherwise two repettitive 1v1s that slightly overlap each other. And I fully expect to be ganked if the other guy dies, and that's also fun. If the other guy shits himself over it, then sure, I'll run to the other side and fight the guy with the Revenge meter he's so pissed about, but honestly, I've never had that problem, because, y'know, that's the point of 2v.

For Honor

7 years ago

Lul. Why bother trying to win, is what you're saying here.  Fucking roleplayers lol

For Honor

7 years ago

I do try to win, but standing around is boring, and it's much more fun to hop in and stab a bitch in the back when he's trying to handle the other guy. I honestly do not care about other people's estus blasts. It's not some sooooper spooooky status boost that makes you win. Half the people who pop it don't really use it that well to begin with, and those that do don't really win anyway because they're being ganked. Double-teaming is a strategy that works, it's just harder, and therefore more entertaining than sitting around like a chungus.

You can unlock every smash character in 3 hours by just having a ton of 1-life stock matches and killing yourself over and over again, but that isn't any fun, it's repettitive, and plays out the same way every time. On the other hand, you could play a bunch of really bizarre matches and test your skills against increasingly difficult odds. That's much more fun. Ganking is that same principle.

For Honor

7 years ago

Dude, yes it is. I've put so many fucking hours into this game and the beta, I know what I'm talking about. It's an instant knockdown to everyone mid-swing, so that you can get finished off easily. If I'm in the middle of a duel, we're both probably taking hits, and I can't afford to have some fucking glue-sniffing tard coming in and buffing my oponnent. I don't give a shit if you think it looks cool, or you're too bored to sit for thirty seconds; you're still cocking over your teammates. 

For Honor

7 years ago

Huh, I didn't know that. I've only ever played Nobushi and Lawbringer, so in the first case I was either running around and harrassing, so I didn't get the shockwave, or I assumed Lawbringer was just slow and failed to dodge something amidst the lag. They usually wasted their revenge time on getting through my half-wasted health bar while the other guy kills them, so I didn't notice any sudden drop in win/loss, so I figured I just died because I was out of spare health and stamina from the first fight and a half.

For Honor

7 years ago

I think the etiquette that some of these matches have makes them even better. If the people I'm playing against choose to go at me one at a time, more power to them. If they gang up on me, I still won't be upset. Like you said, I didn't join that particular match not expecting that to happen. It's easy for an Orochi to take on multiple opponents. Just don't lock on to anyone and use a Dark Souls style to beat widdle them down. Works almost every time.

Also, I hate the Vikings with a burning passion. I don't know what it is about them. They're just...sloppy.

For Honor

7 years ago

Anyway, I had nowhere else to leave this clip I was proud of. So here. 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Trombone%20Solo/video/27128229

For Honor

7 years ago

Has anybody else found the teaser that shows two of the new season pass characters? Look at the season pass picture, and zoom in closely to see that the front two silhouettes are a ninja dual-wielding two Kama, and a Centurion wielding a shield and possibly sword.

For Honor

7 years ago

I like that they're adding a Rome, but I think a Fifth class for the Samurai might be overdoing it just a tad. I mean, then you'd have to spend that long making a fifth class for all the other factions, and if you're going to just make 5 new characters, you may as well just make a new faction. A fun faction, like, say, China or Africa or India. Hell, if their martial arts are anything to go by, warfare in India was probably a lot like For Honor.

For Honor

7 years ago

It's not a fifth class. They're both faction less mercenaries (I think). Plus, remember the ninja were trained to murder, steal, and kill samurai.

For Honor

7 years ago

Yes, primarily by people who were pretty much bought by/sworn for life to serve the Daimyo. Ninjas are special forces employed by the big generals, just like samurai. If the Samurai and Warrior Monks* all serve a single leader/region, they'd own the Ninja as well.

*Which is probably what the Nobushi is, based sheerly on the lack of armor and spear usage. But they could also be mountain bandits. Translations of the name aren't exactly clear on that.

For Honor

7 years ago

Wouldn't Rome be outclassed tech-wise? Don't get me wrong, I love Rome, but I don't think it would make sense to add them. Wouldn't an African faction be severely outclassed in tech?

For Honor

7 years ago

Rome had its own siege equipment, therefore, since the current designers think the siege weaponry of the 100s-1100s (Most of the Viking age) and the 1400s (What the knights in this game mostly look like) are indistinguishable, Rome will probably have the same stuff. They'll also probably have a higher AC than Samurai and Vikings (Who wear wooden armor, which, when your world is run by aesthetics, is almost always weaker than any metal, or virtually no armor, like the Vikings) and higher mobility than the knights. The technology probably won't matter, since really it's all about asthetics vs aesthetics.

Africa would have loads of range and defensive options. They'd probably be even more difficult to deal with than the spear dudes, no matter their technology. If a siege needed to happen, it'd probably be fine. They have big shields and shit, and the designers can probably macguyver shit up. That's not even taking North Africa into account, which went through pretty much all the phases of medieval warfare except in lighter clothing.

For Honor

7 years ago

If they're going to have Zulus or whatever, they should have some Aztec warriors as well.

For Honor

7 years ago

They should probably go for the Aztecs anyway, actually, since they do have more of a Warrior Class system and better recorded fighting methods. That way, you can add whatever fantasy elements you need and put in some more variety without the SJWs screaming appropriation when you try to do a Sub-Saharan faction and end up merging different tribal warriors in an attempt to add variety.

For Honor

7 years ago

I mean, the Samurai swords should break when a  longsword connects with them. And nobody in plate mail should bleed when cut with a sword. 

For Honor

7 years ago

^This. Hell, the whole point of the Kanabo is that it breaks swords and spears. It's not like people carried it into battle with any other purpose in mind, it's obviously not supposed to be a thing that directs force through armor.

For Honor

7 years ago
It is a 60$ game filled with microtransactions and no dedicated servers. It is even worse that Free 2 Play mobile trash.

For Honor

7 years ago
But honestly I will give them some slack. Watch Dogs 2 flopped so hard that it literally cost people their jobs. No wonder they had to pull this shit off to recover.