Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 2/27/2017: Yeah, this is a good idea.

Administrative PM Override

7 years ago
Admin and Mods should be able to PM all members, regardless of whether they have elected to turn PMs off.

(This Idea stolen from EndMaster)

7 years ago

I don't really see much of a reason for this... it would probably cause confusion and clutter bugs and problems, and the person being PMed might just ignore it anyways.

7 years ago

Oh I can imagine JJJ especially would see a lot of reason for this function.

In fact, I can imagine him engaging in techno voodoo mysticism rituals just to try to get something like this to work, if it couldn't actually be done through conventional coding means. (Assuming he isn't doing that already)

Besides, most places have an admin override so that they can contact anyone, just in case something really important comes up.

7 years ago
Did it happen again?

Either way, agreeing with this, because there's no reason to block admin contact unless you're a twatwaffle in the midst of a throwing things fit, and even then the grownups might have something important to communicate at some point after you're done.

7 years ago
Barring that, just disable the ability to turn off PMs. If someone is really that adverse to them, they just don't read them. Not like you can't see who they're from.

EDIT: An Email confirmation for account creation - with one account per email address - would allow the mods/admins a way to contact any member too. Would also slow down the alt parade a little bit.

7 years ago

Can't see notifications when you have a PM notification.

7 years ago
Won't be there if you delete it.

7 years ago

If you'd do that, add an option to disable receiving notifications regarding new messages.

I can see legitimate reasons why people would want to disable notifications if they're receiving messages non-stop.