Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Steve's Rebellion Story that's better than others

7 years ago

In my pursuits to help various retards finish their story, usually I just end up bored or at best bemused, but thankfully recently while trying to help I've been somewhat inspired to write a rebellion story of my own. Thanks to Azure for inspirintg me through having something I want to do infinitely better and in fact, really tearing out most of the guts of the story that are awful and doing it better. This story will pretty much be a better version of Mizal's without any of her shit bits, and an infinitely better one than Azure's. Plus, it'll actually be finished rather than languishing unloved. This thread entirely exists to spite them both, so if you could reply, even just saying "Fuck Mizal and Azure" in order to show how much better I am than them, I'd appreciate it. Also, I guess this'll help me "Plan" or whatever the fuck people keep bitching at me to do.

Anyhow, in the large kingdom of Weston (in keeping with the tradition of giving places full of Fantasy white people names that include West), the royal Moore Family holds power. Their position is held strong through several infernal pacts with various demonic entities. As well as human forces, they also control a powerful force of horrific beasts known as Wardens, eight foot super-warriors that follow orders without question. Their origin is unknown, with some believing them to be the subjected children of giants, some believing them to be demonic entities manifest and many other theories, none of which have been proven. Although their are many lesser kings and nobles under them, they've been subjugated up until now.

You take control of Heslin, a weak and frail child of the King and Queen. They recently freed the Gareeshi people from slavery, which has led to a large group of Gareeshi people who want more civil rights and freedoms. Recent wars waged against neighbouring countries have driven taxes up, leading to a population sick of your family's reign, and the nobles long for the days where the king was less of a despot and more of a patsy, while the Church longs for the days of a pure, moral king who doesn't parley with demonic entities.

This powder keg of a situation is set off when your older siblings Barrett and Mara assassinate your parents and take power as King and Queen, forcing you and your younger brother to flee the capital. They then attempt to push the actions of their parents even father with a push to conquest of the neighbours and wresting more power from the nobles and a possible return to "forced servitude" of the Gareeshi people to fund the war effort. While taking the throne through murder is far from unordinary for your family, many powerful groups would see you put in power instead, as you're far kinder, far more gentle and most importantly far more easily manipulated than your siblings, while many more would see an end to the monarchy. Either way, there's a large group of people who want to see your siblings disposed of, and you're in a powerful position and have a lot of important decisions to make.

Well, that's the general outline. Really the game should be a balancing act as you try to appease the various factions, many of which are antithetical, and try to do what you think is right. Feel free to tear it apart and shit on it, or whatever. Just make sure to reply to show Mizal and Azure they're inferior tome.

7 years ago
But where does the Werewolf Queen come in?

7 years ago

Werewolf Queen is just so retarded. At best they should have like a Werewolf Alpha or something.

7 years ago
I'm sorry you're not creative enough to make it work.

7 years ago

That's not very nice.

7 years ago
Oh look, you're doing this again. No matter how many times you flop over like a heap of wet cardboard and apologize, it just never seems to sink in that whining about stuff like this is just NEVER going to end well for you.

But if you really want to continue this, please at least explain WHY you think it isn't nice, to start with.

7 years ago

You made fun of something I am doing. That's not very nice. I want people to be nice. Please be nice.

7 years ago
Whoa, whoa, what kind of bizarre persecution complex do you have going on here? I asked Steve if he had Werewolf Queen in his story. Asking a question isn't 'making fun of you'. Even if you had been the one I was asking, which I wasn't, so maybe next time, butt out?

I mean it's not like you own the incredibly generic concept of werewolves, or queens, in a fantasy story. But if you're particularly invested in the combination, it was Steve who called the idea retarded. So you singling me or is a clear indication of you just trying to start shit, if not straight up misogyny.

7 years ago

Well, a few days after I mentioned my idea, you AND Steve both come up with similar premises in the thread. Hard not to think that you're ripping me off/making fun of me. If it truly is a coincidence I'll forgive you, but if you are making fun of me, I politely ask you to stop.

7 years ago
Of course Steve made this thread in response to yours. Did you not even read the OP?

And no, actually, I don't need your 'forgiveness' for asking Steve if he would have a Werewolf Queen in his story too.

You really are just in love with the idea of being a victim, aren't you?

7 years ago

I'm not sure if I should flattered or angry. So I'll just say: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

7 years ago
Go eat a dick.

7 years ago

I didn't know it was illegal to be nice and have common decency here. The GIFT theory is more true than I thought.

7 years ago
You think you're being 'nice' or showing decency while ordering other members around in regards to what they are and aren't allowed to say?

What a strange, skewed world you come from.

Where do you get 'illegal' from, anyway? Like, literally, how is that a connection your brain even makes to anything said in this entire thread?

7 years ago

I apologize, I did not mean to seem rude on purpose, I just don't like it when others insult me. Please forgive my rudeness.

7 years ago

Angry, preferably.

7 years ago
Hey Steve, sorry that Azure troll is trying to derail your thread. Couple of questions:

Define 'weak and frail'. Does the protag have an actual condition, and is it just a childhood thing or do you overcome it over the course of the story?

What exactly are the Gareeshi? Why were they freed in the first place, and how are they demanding civil rights without being crushed by giants?

Will we find out more about the giants and their origins?

Can you please not make ALL the church people pedos, and also I would like the option to be a badass paladin king driving out witches and the gays please.

How much incest are Barret and Mara going to get up to? Can you join in?

7 years ago

It's OK, I suspect he's super, super jealous so I had already expected this and forgiven him for it before even making this thread.

I mean, it's pre-the time where science actually knew what the fuck was wrong with people, but there's definitely some fucked up conditions.

Black people. Whenever it's fantasy, it's always a stand in for black people. They were freed because your parents were at least somewhat regressive, and whenever you give any repressed people shit they start trying to get more and more, like when we let them sit on the bus. They don't get murdered because mass exterminating the service class isn't the best idea, but they're definitely being subjugated.

Yeah, sure.

I can't promise that.

Oh yeah, lots of incest. You can join in a little, but only with the chick, because gay incest is just too much.                          

7 years ago
The incest question was because we have to have detailed explanations of succession laws in order to tell if it's a good story idea or not. So if a brother and sister are king and queen, the question is, how is their heir determined?

A joint effort in creating one seems the obvious way to ensure neither get upset at having their firstborn left out, smart move.

7 years ago

Gotta keep the bloodline pure.

7 years ago

You should turn the fantasy genre on its head and make the white people the slaves and name everything vaguely african with East in the name.

7 years ago
It doesn't work that way. The white people just become more fantasy black people.

Steve, is this going to be another massive project or one that I might realistically find time to read? Gotta say though this is way more appealing than rats fucking bugs.

7 years ago

Eh, probably a massive project.

7 years ago

Fantasy tends to have at least some connection to history, with strong ties to Medieval times thanks to Tolkein. Having black people able to subjugate whites would just break the suspension of belief, though. The master race can't be beaten by darkies, obviously.

7 years ago
You could make it fantasy Egyptians vs fantasy Jews.

Hell, with the royal incest you're already halfway there.

7 years ago

There's enough controversy about the races of the Ancient Egyptians for that not to work.

7 years ago

I figured you'd also say that Jews aren't really white.

7 years ago

I mean, they're not Aryan, but I guess they're white.

7 years ago

Q1: Is there magic?

Q2: Any notable other races?

Q3: Is there an ancestral weapon passed down through the royal family?

7 years ago

Yep, although it's all either Infernal and powered by demons or powered by Gareeshi Desert Spirits, which may or may not be demons, depending on who you ask.

Everyone's human, if that's what you mean. If not, there's also Easterners. No points for guessing what race that's standing in for.

No. Royalty tends to avoid fighting, and since you're a frail little sick kid it's not like a weapon would be any use to you.