Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

I need criticism!

7 years ago

Hello there, Cystia. This time, I nee some criticism on a story I plan to actually complete. I've only wrote a few pages because writer's block took it's toll and for the early section of the game, your choices are inhibited due to plot reasons. I'm not sure if it's considered an interactive chapter so it might as well be a cutscene. Anyways, I know that you should learn of what I plan to do first because you can't form clear criticism without it.

Wandering Souls: You play as yourself, as the main character is never given a name. Each event in this story revolves around a certain theme or mental condition but the genre of this story is undecided. There are seven events total, and each represent a mental condition with a final 'boss' that represents one of the seven deadly sins. Not only that, but you're facing with depression making it significantly harder to fight for freedom... alone. Could you fare?

Other noteworthy details:

Numerous characters get represented as a medical condition such as OCD, Borderline Personality Disorder.

Each chapter also has a value to teach and is usually present in the fruit or gifts of the holy spirit.

This game is somewhat based on the religion, Christianity as the whole concept of seven deadly sins and 7 fruits or gifts of the holy spirit inspires me to keep developing on this story. Yes, I did my research.

Now here's a hyperlink to the story, you can criticize as harshly as you want, I can take it!

I need criticism!

7 years ago

This is very interesting. Poetic. Dark. I think it's good, but it's not quite my cup of tea, so to say.

Have you played Silent Hill? This reminds me of it.

I need criticism!

7 years ago

No, I haven't. Mind giving me the plot of Silent Hill (There's 2 games I think?) so that I might form another plot idea? It would be very useful.

I need criticism!

7 years ago

I won't spoil, but it and your story share a focus on psychological horror.

I need criticism!

7 years ago
Your screen-name reads like 'phlem'!

As for the story...

Hmm, the background is distracting and the centered text and link colors just about killed it for me.

Creative though. I would say keep going with it (even if you decide to keep the current aethetics).