Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
@Warriorkitty408

I see you're brand new. Come and sit down in this thread and let's have a talk. I'd like to prevent you from making a terrible mistake.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Ha, it's a marauder, how fitting!

Anyways, my usual message targeted at this individual:

Hello and welcome to CYS!

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
I think you scared it away.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

It's hopefully gone by now? Or back under a new name?

By the way...WHERE ARE THESE COMING FROM?

Hello kitty

7 years ago
For awhile, this site was in the top 3 when you searched for the... well, the subject of those stories. Still if you Google the right combination of those words and write your own, it still shows up.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Hello kitty

7 years ago

It's still here! And online at this very moment! :0 The first on the list too..

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Gawd. :0 (>_> But warrior kitties are just sooo dashing *cough* Gavriel *cough* :3)

I practically dared a few of my classmates to join this site, so hopefully it's not them. xD Though, I'd love to know of any of them liked the subject of this thread. Very good blackmail remark material.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
What a teese thread haha! Here I thought there would be WC stories to nuke. Bummer. ;)

Hello kitty

7 years ago

@mlpwarriorcat

Don't do this, please. Come here as well.

We need to talk xD

Hello kitty

7 years ago
@mlpwarriorcat

You have got to be kidding me.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Pardon?

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Sorry about being rather rude with my summons.

Just checking to make sure that you know WC storygames have been banned from this site.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Hello mlp,

You're welcome to the site, don't take things otherwise. However, the site has a blanket ban on Warrior-Cat themed stories, highlighting which is the purpose of this thread.

I wish you all the best in your writing endeavors, and hope you'll respect the WC Ban

Cheers,
StrykerL

Hello kitty

7 years ago
A name such as yours is a cause for derision and laughter and the throwing of rotten fruit as you walk through our fair Cystia.

You don't seem to have really done anything with your account yet, so this is a perfect time to re-register as something more respectable. (Maybe as something that represents you as an individual, and not merely as an amalgamation of two soulless franchises?)

Anyway, Warrior Cats anything do not tend go over well here. Writing stories about them have been banned for awhile now, just fyi, so this is me helpfully saving you the trouble of finding out after you've already started working on one.

Associating yourself with magical cartoon ponies that do obscene things on the internet was a questionable choice too, but there's not actually any site policy about that.

Anyway, you may now return to whatever you were doing, and enjoy the site!

Hello kitty

7 years ago
It is kind of funny how within ten minutes his message received three replies saying the same core message, in increasing magnitude of intensity.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

^ it kinda is xD

Hello kitty

7 years ago
I think this is going to become the general thread for WC intervention. Saving the children from themselves is something I am very passionate about.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Alright, then it'd be wise to throw in a link to the Grammarly handbook on this thread, as well as some good CYoAs on the site that a younger audience would enjoy - a rehabilitation center kit, for all purposes.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Somebody has to do it. XD

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Can someone explain to me why it's banned? Was there once an unnecessary amount of them? Were they terrible or something?

(I hope I'm not poking my nose into something I shouldn't be)

Hello kitty

7 years ago
This was already explained in this thread, check the post "A Quick History of WC On CYS" by Seto.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

I never understood how the Warrior Cats series was appealing.

A Quick History of WC On CYS

7 years ago

Throwing this in:

"Warrior Cats as a fandom was banned because of the conduct of the fandom. Several fans of the books came to the site en masse and began writing several stories per day which were all below general site standards; such as extremely poor quality, glitching / inability to complete the game, dead ends, missing links, repetition, cliched dialogue, exc.

Some stories also contained content that the CYS community found objectionable, such as the main cat character being bound and raped, so on.

A story below site standards has to be removed or unpublished, regardless of the topic or author. As a result of the flood of stories, CYS became one of the top results for WC on Google, and became even more overrun.

Meanwhile, the WC fans were demanding special treatment because they felt that anyone criticizing their stories or unpublishing them were 'haters' who just didn't 'get' the books or were trying to stifle their creativity, apparently, even though we were judging them the same as everyone else. Barring a few trolls, senior members did try to help the WC fans improve their quality of writing in order to meet site standards and stay published. I was one of them. For my efforts, I was cussed at, cursed, insulted, dismissed as yet another hater, or summarily ignored. That kind of treatment and willful refusal to follow the same standards as we all follow eventually bred contempt, which led to forum wars and general unrest on the site.

Peace was attempted on several occasions and other solutions to fix the problem were tested, but failed. One of the site admins eventually settled on a temporary blanket ban which, considering it's the only thing that even remotely helped, is probably never going to be lifted."

And then recently, Berka went and deleted all WC storygames from the site. Thanks, Berka ^_^

7 years ago
I am a soulless brute that way. It really was my pleasure haha!

7 years ago

I can just see a penguin running through CYStia with a huge hammer, destroying all mention of WC's within storygames xD

7 years ago

@Wolfcraft334

Better safe than sorry...or, rather, safe than "burn, kitty, burn!"

7 years ago

:0 Uh oh.

7 years ago
Apparently it's an MLP story with the serial numbers filed off.

MLP Stories

7 years ago

I try to avoid reading stories that are so pathetic that they  have the potential to kill off a few of my brain cells. I've had bad experiences with reading a few MLP stories written by other people.

7 years ago
Apparently the word "heart" is a difficult word.

7 years ago

Nahh. They really do mean "hart". 

Haven't you heard of the hart of wild fire? It's a delicacy in certain places.

7 years ago
A delicacy that cannot be tamed!

7 years ago

I heard it's really, really spicy. :P

Untamable.

7 years ago
I was wondering what the hell you guys were talking about. There was a different story up before.

A hart is an old timey word for a deer. This is just a story about furries playing with matches.

Honestly with all the trolls running around it kind of kills the feelings of amazement and wonder I used to associate with stumbling across a user like this. They're probably fake.

7 years ago

think they were talking about the main cat in WC.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago

This thread should be shared with every new user in the future, Warrior Cats fan or not. It is a learning experience.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago
The fans won't read or understand coherent sentences. The info needs to be in wc format. I heard donald trump writes in a similar fashion, maybe we could get him to make an account and translate the info.

since he's not real busy with anything else tbh

A Message For New Users

7 years ago
Really? Okay! (I replied to Nyctophilia)

Threaded View

7 years ago

We can see that, so there's no need to state who you're replying to.

Threaded View

7 years ago
Sorry.

Advice For The Future

7 years ago

It's fine. Just keep that in mind in the future.

stop

7 years ago
Why do you keep changing the subject? It's annoying as all hell to see in my notifications.

Subjects Change

7 years ago

I change the subject according to my message. I'm sorry that it bothers you, but I'm not stopping just because it's a problem for you.

Subjects Change

7 years ago
I'm just asking. It's kind of pointless.

Subjects Change

7 years ago

I'm with him, fuck off and stop changing the titles. It always pisses me off too.

stop

7 years ago
I have more of a problem with the tiny tiny italics.

stop

7 years ago

Some of us are unique with what we say, some only in the fonts they say it in.

stop

7 years ago

I can't even read what he says on mobile. xD

A Message For New Users

7 years ago

Banned. Shitposting and sending annoying PMs to multiple people.

Inexperienced

7 years ago

I didn't have a problem with him at all PMing me. He was just asking for advice on his storygame.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago

I think he was trying to be friendly. Very friendly.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago

He was sending annoying PMs to everyone and was on the verge of getting banned due to a lot of his posts anyway. The PM thing just tipped it over sooner.

It's possible he was a REALLY old troll under a new name anyway.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago
Yeah I know Berka suspected the same since he was getting weird PMs too.

IDK there's a possibility he was a very small child but I was starting to wonder, his PMs vs his posts vs his story itself vs his notes on edits all had a noticeably different writing style. The original story descriptions he had up vs the new ones were pretty dramatically different too.

And if he was legit he can always come back later in the usual way. The majority of the stories in his profile are blank anyhow so it's not like he lost much.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago

Did... Did TSR come to visit?

Did he steal some little kid's account?

Or was he ArrowzworrA making another of his artistic statements?

Or Lelouch? Though, that's probly grasping for straws on old trolls.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago

There were suspicions that he might be TSR.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago
You're a good man. He PM'd me about some filthy hedgehog. I was just about to summon the band of pitch fork toting torch-bearers.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago
Sounds like a lot of people got that one.

A Message For New Users

7 years ago
Indeed.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

@WarriorFanfic? Hello. Refer to the OP, WarriorFanfic. I'm assuming you may make a very embarrassing mistake given your name. :(

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Surprisingly, they're working on something unrelated.

That's a hell of a name choice though, assuming it was unintentional.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

@potioncat

This is for your own good.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Too late.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
@Ponysparkle3

You've been a member for two years now so I hope the usual reminders aren't necessary.

But maybe it's time to take a long hard look at the life choices that led to you choosing that username and declaring your love of Warrior Cats to the world.

Don't worry, we're here to help.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Waaitt.. I'm a little confused. Is that why my unpublished story is gone? And what about my username, is there something wrong with it? Please tell me, I want to fix it. Thank You ^^

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Yes, and probably.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Ok, that's good to know. Is there something wrong with my username though..?

Hello kitty

7 years ago

"What's wrong with your name? It's saccharine, childish, and silly!" said the penguin furry, using arbitrary capital letters as decoration on either side.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Aftermath of the forum games deletion.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

What're you on about?

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Your username is what we call 'gay'. Exceptionally so. It doesn't actually break any rules but it will forever brand you as an immature 8 year old. So maybe you should consider picking a new one while you've still done very little with this account. Your profile can be changed at any time once you come to the awful realization of how embarrassing it is; your username, not so much.

Warrior Cats stories, on the other hand, were purged and are now forbidden, and even the unpublished ones wound up requiring abortions. Blame your fellow cat cultists for that.

You however at least seem reasonably literate so there might be hope for you if you make a serious attempt at writing a decent story on any other subject at all.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Right, thanks for letting me know.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

@kittycatlover

Hello kitty

7 years ago
'harry potter era life story'

...well this is an entirely different form of cancer then the kind we're qualified to treat.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
BANNED.

Hello kitty meet Hammertime

7 years ago
This thread is a conveyor belt for cats, leading towards an enthusiastic mallet wielded by a penguin. Good stuff.

7 years ago
^v^

7 years ago
He removed Ryder accounts earlier, the kitty was just sort of a dainty little dessert.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
@Shorestar Stop right there criminal scum! Pay the mods a fine or serve your sentence. Your cats are now forfeit.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Holy poop the guy really does have a WC game dere. :0 Though I can't determine if it's of the normal WC quality as there's nothing written. :<

Hello kitty

7 years ago
They've started the first page. Interesting, we get to see it written live, then obliterated forever, right before our eyes.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Berka, don't bomb him/her yet.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
I for one am fascinated by this stylistic choice to slap down abbreviations like (PC) and (YK) right in the middle of the text and require the player to reference a key to know they mean 'your pelt color', 'your name as a kit' and so on.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Yeah, was gonna say. xD I actually had to refer back for that. Sad. :<
Even my most Warrior stories were better than that. (Not that I've ever published them.)

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Well tbf the writing itself isn't terrible, compared to how these usually go. Shaping up to be the same plot as always though, and the male or female 'choice' leads to identical copy and pasted pages, just with the obligatory cat friend you'll inevitably have 100 kittens with being gender-swapped.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Here, I'll message the poor kid just in case. Seems to have potential. Don't want to lose it if she's legitimately a decent person.
E: Unless you really want to watch this WC story being made, ofc.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Don't be silly, cats aren't people.

But yeah this is one of the few I wouldn't mind seeing stick around to work on a real story instead. Not sure why they didn't see the notification, but (even if it ruins the fun...) might as well warn them a second time they're wasting their time if they continue.

She, I mean. Not sure why I bother with 'they', I'm pretty sure male WC fans don't exist.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Alright, if she comes back I'll send the message.
What about Wizzy? Thought he (? xD) used to be into WC and all that.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Lol, another one?

@Shellsplash Halt! Drop the warrior cat!

You haven't added any pages yet, It's not too late for you. Just think about what you're doing. Think about your future.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

I've thought long and hard about my future, and enjoying and writing a fantasy story based upon cats isn't going to affect it in any from or way.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Well no point in wasting time.

Yoink! *steals kill from Berka*

Hello kitty

7 years ago

*Clears throat*

I see you have messed up my other account, Shellsplash. I don't know what you did or why, but I don't care. Go ahead, do it again to this account. I'll simply make a new one.

You provided no explanation as to why I should no longer write warrior cats, therefore I will not listen to you. I will continue to create games on warrior cats.

I am not sorry for causing such issues.

~Shellsplash.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Ok, T-Count here. I'm still lurking around obviously and I've seen quite a number of newbs pop up in a rather short amount of time after I've been banned. (Or maybe it's just me.) Anyways, Mayana already had her suspicions, so I just wanna clear up that these guys aren't me just in case anyone thought they were.

(Also, go ahead and ban this account and pretend it never existed.)

Edit: Just realized shellsplash is actually not that new, but my point stands nonetheless

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Hey, I never said that you would spam the site with cats. I just said that you would make new alts, like this one. Besides, you're into wolves anyway.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Duly noted, though I didn't think they were you either.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
I never thought any of them were you. Warrior Cats fans being idiots never requires explanation beyond 'they are Warrior Cats fans' and aside from the Twine faggot the others making threads were pretty obviously Ryder and Azure.

I'd hope you were doing something cool like finishing your storygame offline to make a triumphant return with anyway.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Maybe just read the thread (Or at least seto's post) and don't be a twart.

Hello kitty

7 years ago
@Wolfeyes, check this out. And if that isn't enough, just read this thread.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

All the effort you put into Warrior Cat stories will be deleted, even if you don't publish it. You might as well give up on this WC Fanfic craze and write something that's actually quality. Unless End wants to keep you banned, that is..

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Why should you need any explanation besides the ones that already exist in this thread, that I was kind enough to tag you to to try and keep you from wasting your time?

You are bad enough at this whole 'reading' thing that a writing site really probably isn't for you.

e: Also not sure what corner of the internet you're from where an admin banning your account doesn't act as some sort of hint that what you're doing is unwelcome.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Wait so it's only Shellsplash and Wolfeyes that's banned, right? Shorestar isn't the same person? Gah these guys seem so similar I don't know who we're talking about anymore. :'(

Hello kitty

7 years ago
Banned Banned All Banned.

Hello kitty

7 years ago

Ah. Forgot how cute the hammer looked in action.

Hello kitty

6 years ago
@Glowstar @BerkaZerka

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/warriors-cats~2d-your-own-path

You kids will have to do the cat skinning thing without me tonight, I'm kind of busy.

Hello kitty

6 years ago
@Idontahvethebestlife I realize you're not a Warrior Cat so don't rush, but I didn't have any other threads for this.

Your profile fascinates me, please elaborate. You'll find nothing but sympathetic listeners here. :)

Hello kitty

6 years ago
@reedtail2222

I don't know how you kids keep finding the site, but please, just please, find anything else to write about.