Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Best House In Hogwarts

7 years ago

So I could in a discussion with a friend of mine about this. I maintained that Slytherin was the best house, while he maintained Hufflepuff was the best house. Needless to say, I'm a Slytherin and he's a Hufflepuff, so the arguments were more biased. I'm not necessarily in the mood to argue about which house is the best, but I still am curious about everyone's opinions. 

So, which house do you think is best? Why? It might be helpful to say the house you're in, while you're at it. 

7 years ago

I wouldn't say there's any "best" house, they've all got their good points and bad points. That's just what preferences people have towards their favourite house. I like all of them in some way or other, but it's the kind of argument which could go on forever. I guess I might see Gryffindor as my least favourite, but that's about it.

I'm a Slytherin as well (I even have a Slytherin-themed mug!), though quizzes tell me I'm a mixture of Slytherin/Ravenclaw. I always went with Slytherin though, liking the snakes.

7 years ago

@harrypotter

7 years ago

Slytherin is my favorite house. I think Ravenclaw is the best one. :3

7 years ago

Ravenclaw is my preferred house.

7 years ago

You hear people talking about the other Houses so much, but poor Hufflepuff is just forgotten :(

7 years ago

HUFFLEPUFF!!!

7 years ago

Truly the Zoidberg of Potter houses.

7 years ago

Who?

7 years ago

Exactly.

7 years ago

sad Poor hufflepuff...

Wait. Huffle-what?

7 years ago

Hufflezoid. It's one of the factions in LOTR or something.

7 years ago

Ahh...the shitty one with that one human that managed to decapitate himself with his own sword?

7 years ago

No, that was Thunderclan.

7 years ago

7 years ago

God love that beautiful woman. She really thought of everything. 

7 years ago

It's clearly Gryffindor, that's not even a question. The only others are "Nerds", "Unlikeable Evil Guys who never get to succeed due to the plot" and "Everyone else, I guess kind of the jocks maybe, but really just everyone else."

7 years ago

Hufflepuff!!! Hufflepuff is the best house do to many reasons such as the name is simply awesome. Although Hufflepuff is not exactly known for its glorious victories in the Hogwarts House Cup, it gets points for not producing that many evil wizards, Death Eaters, and Lord Voldemort-types. J.K. Rowling has previously said that nearly all the Hufflepuffs stay to fight during the Battle of Hogwarts. ‘They didn’t want to show off, they weren’t being reckless, that’s the essence of Hufflepuff.’