Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Security Guards Thought I Was A Terrorist

7 years ago

This was fucking awful.

So i was dropped of by my parents at a shopping center so that i could catch the train to work a couple of days ago, and to waste time before the train got there, i decided to go grab some food from the supermarket. So i took a shortcut through the shopping center to the other side where the supermarket was and bought my food. But it was in the second half of my trip everything went to shit. 

I had been wearing some black pants, black shoes and a black hoodie, which isn't all that uncommon for teenager around here to wear, so i thought i would be fine. But what got me pulled up by the security guards there was probably that i was also carrying around a black backpack and i had my hood up (And probably the fact that i'm Maori). Now i realized i looked pretty suspicious, and i even made a joke with my parents that i probably looked like a terrorist, but i didn't ACTUALLY think anyone would think that. Some may just say 'You should've pulled your hood down,' but i was having a difficult time with my hair that day, alright?

Anyway, i was making my way back through the shopping center and i saw two security guards standing by the door, but i didn't think anything of it so i just kept walking. But when i got there, one of them stepped in front of me. I asked the guy to move and he just asked me to hand over my bag, and i was like 'fuck no, i'm not just handing over my bag to some creepy, 40 year old security guards'.He didn't listen and just kept asking for my bag, and i kept saying no, so eventually both of them dragged me up to the second floor where all the office are and i was sat down in some office, with some lady who also asked to see my bag, and since i didn't want to get into anymore trouble and she was a lady who didn't look like some pedophile, i let her go through it. So she took the bag went out of the room. I was kind of worried though, because that's my emergency backpack and it's full of a lot of shit, so i thought she was going to think i stole some stuff. But she came back after 10 minutes handed me my backpack, apologized for the inconvenience, and showed me out of the office. So we exited the office and as we left the two security guards came in, and the one who asked for my backpack raised an eyebrow, looked at the lady and said 'no bomb?'. I took me almost a full minute to process what he said and when i did all that was running through my head was, 'A bomb. They thought i was a fucking terrorist?'. But the lady shook her head and we continued walking. 

I went out into the car park, and i decided i need something to take my mind off of the fact someone thought i was going to bomb the place. So i reached into my bag to get the bag of chips that i bought from the supermarket... and they weren't there. That bitch stole my packet of chips. Even just thinking about it makes me want to punch someone, and if i ever see her again i'm stealing her fucking wallet.

But yeah, that's the story. I mean, i doubt anyone else has been thought to be a terrorist, but has anything remotely similar happened to any of you before?

7 years ago
No because I'm white and don't dress in a singlar dark color with a bag at my side.

pro tip: if security or law enforcement asks to see what's in the bag, you show them what's in the bag.

Worst they'll do is laugh if you have abag full of variety dildos and icecream.
like mizal

7 years ago

Well, these particular security guards looked like they were very, very high, so i wasn't going to risk it.

7 years ago
mall cops are always high

7 years ago

True. Just ask Paul Blart.

7 years ago

No, they don't get to just search your bag because you're a teenager dressed in black, that and you are retarded.

7 years ago
Those weren't mine, okay?? I was just holding them for someone. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this.

But yeah WWW I don't know if they were being particularly dickish in the way they phrased the question or what but teenagers are naturally untrustworthy even when they're not dressed like terrorists and you probably should have just let them take ten seconds to look at your bag. Refusing or making a public scene isn't going to end with them going 'lol OK never mind then, have a nice day' in any situation.

7 years ago

Not true. I've been asked to be searched by security, I insisted no, they said fuck it and let me through.

7 years ago
You live in a country where people aren't paranoid about terrorists or random crazies. In your case they probably just thought you might be shoplifting.

Anyway next time WWW goes to the mall she should throw her bag into a crowded store and then run off, now THAT will be hilarious.

7 years ago

I actually saw a guy do that once. He went all out, dressed up in a Muslim get up and everything.

7 years ago

Isn't Wiggle from New Zealand? Which is pretty much at the same level.

7 years ago

I'll be honest, that is pretty hilarious, but you should be very, very pissed. You should probably complain to someone. Best case scenario they just give you a mall gift card in a cheap attempt to apologize. Sorry this happened to you, I suppose. At least you have a pretty cool story to tell of it, and can add "Accused Terrorist" to your list of titles.

I've never been thought to be a terrorist, but I've been pulled over a few times and interrogated. Thankfully, it never went anywhere.

7 years ago

There's a good chance that this entire thing was orchestrated just to get the potato chips from your bag. They are the real thieves in this situation, pursue this for any damages that they've caused, both emotional, and physical.

e: I can't say anything like this has ever happened to me before. Maybe that's because I would never leave the house dressed in all black, completed with a black bag to complete the entire ensemble. 

7 years ago

You can get away with dressing all in black if you're white looking. I should know since that's pretty much the only color I've been wearing since I was a teenager, including the hoodie most of the time. (Black backpack not quite as much anymore)

7 years ago

I honestly think that it may have just been the black backpack that they were suspicious about.

Hmm, so if you're white enough, the amount of black that you can wear is practically endless? Ah, I didn't think that I had enough black stuff in my closet actually. Now I am inspired to buy more black for the fall season.

7 years ago

Nope.

At most I've been pulled over by the cops for speeding or something similar a few times, but so far I've always been let off with just a warning.

7 years ago
Sorry about that packet of chips. I know it hurts.

7 years ago

Are you black? Then, I could understand you being pissed. You were probably just being extra sperg-ish. 

7 years ago

She said she was Maori which means she probably could have gotten violent if she wanted and probably still sued the mall stating that her "warrior gene" was agitated by the asshole security guards.

7 years ago
Welcome to America -- where everyone who is not police/security is automatically assumed to be a terrorist all the time. If you don't like that, you hate America.

7 years ago

She lives in New Zealand.

7 years ago
And that was the Twilight Zone moment. It's unfortunate this happened.

7 years ago
Good to see America has exported fear worldwide.

7 years ago
Ummm.

Pretty sure the Maori have had issues with racism that don't have much to do with the US, lol.

7 years ago

I don't think "Terrorist with backpack bomb" is one of them is one of the stereotypes place on them.

7 years ago

The worst thing security has done to me was a really handsy pat down from a creepy old man who kept licking his lips.

7 years ago

Actually, something sort of similar has happened to me, when an employee at a market thought I was a shoplifter.. I was in Albertsons to buy chocolate syrup (for no reason in particular), but as I was leaving the store after I payed at self checkout, a buzzer screeched. Some random guy, who was an employee, tackled me and I fractured my kneecap falling on the tile. It hurt like hell, and the whole time people where crowding around and yelling. The buzzer apparently went off because some guy was trying to sneak out another exit without paying for some kind of magazine he took. But the good news is, Albertsons gave me a years supply of Cheetos for not suing them.

7 years ago

If I got a years supply of Cheetos, I'd probably go every day and get every bag of Cheetos in the store. Then, sell them in front of Albertsons for slightly less than they charge.

7 years ago

Oh.

My.

God.

Orange, you are the smartest orange i've ever seen and/or met.

Welp, i'm off to go get an Albertsons employee to break my kneecap.

7 years ago

You idiot! You should have sued them, you would have gotten millions of dollars in settlement money!

7 years ago

Cheetos are better then money. Besides, i'm a very kind and caring person, and i'm very awesome and considerate.

7 years ago

hehe  :)

saw dis post and was like   XD  cause I didn't think you where on here!!

7 years ago

I'm going to be honest, that sounds like a bullshit story.

7 years ago

Your just jealous you didn't get any cheetos.

7 years ago

My country doesn't have cheetos, we have people food like Taytos.

7 years ago

Y-You don't have cheetos?!

You poor thing.

Isn't Taytos a car company?

7 years ago

I've had them. Crisps with the only flavor being "Cheese" is a culinary disaster worthy of obliteration.

7 years ago

Cheetos are actually pretty good, in my opinion.

7 years ago

Then your opinion is wrong. Good to know.

7 years ago

My opinion is wrong in your opinion.

7 years ago

Surprisingly and actually impossibly, on this subjective issue of taste you are objectively wrong. I didn't know that could happen, but hey, it just did.

7 years ago

We need to take a vote on this to prove Steve wrong.

7 years ago

I've seen how your American dog votes work. The russians interfer, they're not democratic and they appeal to the masses of idiots rather than make good points. It's the Larry the Cable Guy of Voting, and I want no part in it nor do I care for its outcome.

7 years ago

They also have Spicy flavor. And Super-Spicy flavor. And Super-cheesy flavor.

7 years ago

I meant only flavor on the crisp itself. Unlike say, Taytos where they do have cheese flavored crisps, but those crisps also have onion flavor on them.

7 years ago

True, but Oke Doke is by leagues better than both of the aforementioned crunchy treats, and to my knowledge, it's been ONLY popcorn-flavored since the 1800s, when some mustachioed monocled man probably invented them on the outskirts of a frontier village by roasting and buttering cactusses. Variety =/= better.

7 years ago

Variety does not equal better, but Cheese is not an adequate flavor for a crisp is my point, not that variety is king.

7 years ago

You're right. To my knowledge, there's never been a good cheese flavoring. Although Cheese and onion does sound appealing sheerly for all the onion involved.

7 years ago

You'd have to try it. I was genuinely shocked you didn't have it when I visited first. It's quite lovely.

7 years ago

All I know is that I really like onion-flavored chips, but not sour cream, so I may have to order Taytoes on Amazon or something, because we only have sour-cream-and-onion-flavored chips over here.

7 years ago

Y'know, I was also sort of doubtful about Mizal's claims that the Ireland brochure was from Hell until just now when I googled Taytos and learned that potato, cheese and onion chocolate bars existed.

7 years ago

What the fuck?

7 years ago

Cheese and onion crisp bits in chocolate. It was a strange decision for them to make that didn't pan out.