Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Does anybody here play this game? Do you enjoy it?

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I love Town of Salem! I suck at it, though.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I'm great at being the killer...

What the fuck does this say about me? :(

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Everything :3

Town of Salem

7 years ago

:( I am a killer.

I have murdered poor, innocent noobs...And I enjoyed it.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

It is quite fun killing the poor innocent people of the town. I also enjoy playing as the spy when I'm a townie.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I hate non-Town killing roles doe. They're scawy. >~<

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Nah, the Town is actually pretty overpowered if everybody cooperates and works together as a team. It's why the mafia and the NK roles have lower win ratios compared to the Town, at least in Ranked.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Hence the "non-Town" roles part. I like being part of Maf or Town because I get people (allies)! :D

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Except that almost never occurs - Mafia actually has a slightly higher win ratio compared to Town, but NK is by the far the lowest and hardest of roles.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Perhaps in Casual where the majority of players are inexperienced, but in Ranked and Ranked Practice where the majority of players are experienced and know how to cooperate effectively, Town can be overpowered. I would disagree with NK being the hardest role to win as - I believe that would go to Werewolf, since it can't attack two nights in a row and relies heavily on luck.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I disagree with the majority of players being skilled in Ranked and Ranked Practice, since most games I've had (and I almost purely play those two modes) are 'carried' by two or three good players rather than everyone cooperating (I find Casual to be utter hell tbh). NK is commonly agreed upon as the hardest roles (WW is NK lol), with an approximate 10% win rate - 5% being SK, 2.5% being WW and Arso with the lowest in the entire game, a measly 1.25%. Though these were old records, so they may have changed.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Yeah, I could agree with that, but usually those two or three good players essentially act as the leaders for the Town or Mafia, making the other players cooperate in order to achieve victory rather than carrying the entire game themselves, at least in my experience.

Oh, I thought you were talking about SK for some reason. Yeah, NK is pretty hard to win as, especially for WW and Arso since you have to wait at least two turns to kill at least one person. 

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Is that a percentage out of of all games won as that class, or a percentage out of all people given that class who won?

Town of Salem

7 years ago

The former, presumably.

Edit: They're the same goddamn thing? Stop doing this to me Sent just because I wouldn't buy you KFC.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Well, that does make it kind of tough to make any definite decisions about difficulty, since some classes are rarer than others, and some games don't have certain roles, iirc, the data could be minorly befuddled. A more accurate way to test difficulty would be to test the percentage of a role that wins. You don't test the difficulty of a Mario Maker level by counting how many of all levels are won vs how many aren't.

Not that I don't doubt the evidence, but it could be covered a little more in-depth.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Ah, I see what you meant. Your wording made me question my sanity just a tad.

No, I'm sure they'd factor in role frequency percentage, and I'm fairly certain that this was a statistic in Ranked mode, as players are able to buy scrolls and whatnot otherwise.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Mafia has the easiest time by killing the smart players and manipulating the stupid.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I rarely play the game myself due to my lack of skill, but I like the game for it's gameplay, concept, and mechanics. I also occasionally watch this youtuber play it.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Gahhhh. Why must you bring up that game??? Now I'm tempted to play it, and I still of stuff to finish!! T-T
I'm not incredibly skilled, but I always watch my brother play it when I manage to watch.

Favorite Role: Uhh probably the Consigliere.
Least Favorite Role: Uhh I don't know. SK probably.
Fav Townie: Doc! (And Jailor)
Fav Neutral Anything: Witch! ^-^

There was this one time where my brother used his Firebug skin, named himself the Arsonist (or Firebug... forgot which), and without a scroll, got the Arsonist role. He won the game. xD

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I'm a little sad because I was hoping this was an invitation to play Town of Salem with CYS members. Anyway, great game. My favorite role is investigator, but I'm usually not very good at it because my hands are shaking with excitement too much for me to type.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Would you care to play a game with me?

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Sure. My username is "MyNameIsToaster". I'll get online now.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Mine is "Gayprincessfrofro"

Town of Salem

7 years ago

PM ME FOR TOS USERNAME.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

OMG yass!!! Somebody start a match that I can't enter cuz outdated Adobe Flash !!!!!

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I will I guess???

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Ahhhh it works!!! IT WORKS!!!! GAMEGAMEGAME

Town of Salem

7 years ago

GAMEGAMEGAMEGAME

Town of Salem

7 years ago

OMG lOlololol End the Godfather xD And sorry, I had to leave because almost got caught playing. :(

Town of Salem

7 years ago

End the Godfather...?

Town of Salem

7 years ago

We had a CYS people theme for the three of us. River named himself EndMaster and became the Godfather. xD

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Omg >~>

That would...TBH...be a perfect match...

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Yeah lol.  >I was mizal the mafioso.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

It was quite amusing! 

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Sorry I had left! Sorry!

So... ^-^ Who won?

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I had to leave too..... ^-^ I didn't quite make it to the end. Ask @pineapplekitty, I think they made it to the end?

Town of Salem

7 years ago

She died first night, I think.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Woops...................

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I stuck around because I didn't see you guys leave. Mafia won and I still got the points. Yay!

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Eyyyyyyy yes

Town of Salem

7 years ago

We won? Cx I left, so I think I'm penalized/don't get coins.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Yeah. We won because of Ciel actually surviving long enough to outlast the veteran.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

WAIT DID I DIE??? XD

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Yes. I don't remember the details though. I just looked, and you were dead.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

WELP.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I didn't technically "leave" the game, I just kept the window open, worked on my art for a bit and lost track.

Town of Salem

7 years ago
Because of you guys I've been playing Town of Salem for the last two hours :D It's rather fun

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Oh no. :0 We have corrupted Will! NUUUUuuuu ;-;

What are your favorite roles?

Town of Salem

7 years ago
I like Medium because I can chat to all the dead people and get their opinions :)

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Same! I love being a Medium. :3 I don't really have to do anything. xD

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I think my favorite role to play is definitely the Cthulhu, but that's only available on places like Mafiascum, unfortunately...

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Or epicmafia :3

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Ah, yeah! That was the place I was trying to name earlier!

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Love that place. Hate competitive though, since my internet is too slow for comp. playing.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Was addicted to the game a little while back, I probably have over 150 hours on the thing. IGN's Ec7yp4.

Favourite role is Godfather, since it's the most powerful role in the Mafia and I find Town to be a bunch of idiots more often than not. Followed closely by Jailor, which is the most powerful role overall.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I am the worst vigilante in the history of the world, I NEVER shoot a mafia or neutral townsmen.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Always preferred the “Werewolf” version since it always made more sense than “Mafia.” Sure it’s mostly just a cosmetic change, but it just makes way more sense thematically.

Why the hell would Mafia hitmen be assassinating a whole town full of regular citizens? That’s generally not how the Mafia works.

Now a werewolf going around killing people at night indiscriminately, works a whole lot better. Especially with the whole medieval villager setting.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Since this is a writing site and all, I think a repository of stories behind each town role is pretty appropriate.

I think there was a shipping thread on the official forums where a few stories were produced too. Going to take a dive through one of the boards later today to see if I can find it again.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Oh, yeah, Sethaniel and I used to do that all the time. My biggest success was on the Forum Games and no longer available, but there's a few examples of Mafia (And Assassin!) roles with secret characters and motivations on BHB

Town of Salem

7 years ago

I just played Serial Killer for the first time, here's some highlights!

Wolf (Bodyguard) was found dead! A note was found next to his body! "Your videos on this game sucked anyway!" (I was trying to murder a kid who named himself Markiplier.)

Albert (Somerollorother) was found dead! A note was found next to his body! "He sleeps with Harambe tonight."

Last round of the game:

William Hobbes is the last townie around, Dylan was the godfather, and I was Hoi Palloi, of course.

Dylan: IT'S HOI!

Dylan: HOI DID IT!

Dylan: William vote Hoi!

Hoi Palloi: I didn't do it! YOU'RE the godfather!

Dylan: No, I'm innocent.

Hoi Palloi: I DID NOT! I STABBED YOU MYSELF YOU IMMUNE GODFATHER SNATCHBLASTER!

*Votes are cast*

Hoi Palloi, what say you in your defense?

Hoi Palloi: Look at the scoreboard, kid, you lose either way, but I know who the godfather is. Just let me at him, I'll show you!

Dylan voted GUILTY

William voted INNOCENT

Hoi Palloi goes free!

Dylan immediately votes for Hoi Palloi again!

William immediately votes for Dylan!

Everyone voted guilty!

Dylan: FU!

Dylan was the godfather!

Get the townies on your side by blatantly admitting to the horrible murders you've committed. I call that move "The Drunken Lecter". God, I love idiot kids sometimes.

ADDENDUM: What the hell is it with these serial killers and godfathers who don't know what they're doing!? Murder notes are a goddamn art form, not a "set it and forget it" platitude to be ignored!

Town of Salem

7 years ago

XDDD LOL. Glad I took the time to read that.

Town of Salem

7 years ago

Live update: I was the executioner! Unfortunately, playing the long game didn't pan out and I went Jester.

I ended up awkwardly accusing a guy, and when someone asked me my role, I claimed that I was the medium (And the guy I wanted to hang, who was killed that night, was the lookout) and "the lookout told me that Dennis went to the house of the guy who was murdered yesterday!

One small problem with my seamless plan, the medium was also killed with the lookout that night. Now people were REALLY curious as to how I got this information. So I felt a little inspired by my last win. I said, "Alright, fine, I investigated him myself."

"How? What's your role?"

"You don't need to know! What's important is that he's immune, and only the gf is immune!"

That REALLY triggered people's suspicion. Que votes against me. Que me voting against my most vocal accusers.

My last will and testament was: 

"Roses are brown,
My Syndrome is down.
I crap in your garden
Because you killed the clown!"

Then I got resurrectionist. I pressed the button like 5 nights in a row to resurrect the same person. It didn't work. I asked for help and was hanged again. That's enough game for me.