Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Long version: A few days ago I was sitting alone in my room, bored as hell, and I found myself thinking: "damn, how I miss those Steve Jackson books that I made the horrible mistake of giving away years ago simply because my mom was nagging I was too old for that crap... I wish I had some right now - oh wait, there must be something similar on the internet, yes?!" I typed "story games" on Google search and this is how I epically ended up on this website.

I've completed the "Dead Man Walking" story and I've just started "Eternal" - before creating this profile though, so I suppose I'm missing out on achievements - and so far, awesome stuff. I'm sold. 

Short version: hi, I'm new ^_^

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hey new person . Welcome to our site ! I have seen that you have gotten a less than optimal score on one of the easiest stories we have here ! Dont worry ! I am sure if you try not bludgeoning your way through everything , you might manage to get the perfect scores the rest of us get ! 

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Cease your attempts to shame me publicly. You cannot even win a challenge of rock-paper-scissors. 

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYS!

I recommend reading any of the stories in the featured sections, particularly Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, one in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among things you're more than welcome to participate in: writing prompts, a contest, a collaborative story setting, and poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the other storygames featured.

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago
And so Banner stepped up his game :)

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Eat your heart out Plelb! Banner has taken his glory back!!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hi! Thank you for taking your time to write such a helpful and detailed response! I've already followed your advice and ventured into The Land of Bad Writing. Laugher and cringes aside, it surely was helpful. 

I'll take my time to check all the other material you've pointed out. 

Thanks again!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago
Hello and welcome! You've started with some of the site's finest works, and I rue not being able to replay them with the same level of awe I had in my first reading. I hope you have a great time here, and hopefully also try and make stories of your own :)

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome! So far it has been a very enjoyable experience, indeed. Who knows, maybe I'll muster up the courage to write a story in English, which would be a first. I am fairly acquainted with writing, but only in my mother language (Portuguese).

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago
From your writing till now, I say you're capable of starting out on a story, whenever you feel ready. There is a Spanish story on here, but most of the audience had to use Google translate, and that probably killed most of the charm. Still, you can try a Portuguese story if you're feeling adventurous.

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Thank you for the confidence boost!

Haha. If I decided to write a story in Portuguese, then the question would be: are you feeling adventurous?! :')

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Keep working your way through the top stories but skip OMS!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Wait, isn't that yours... ooooh! Those Reverse Psychology nasty tricks!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Haha, no reverse psychology here. It's just overrated by a lot.

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hehe, it's fine. I don't act snobbish towards the Mainstream before I actually try it. :')

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Banner has stolen most of my usual links, but I refuse to give up! He forgot my prime example of a story game you should be inspired by.

Also, here's a beautiful face to 'inspire' you in your writing!

Thomas The Train

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

I... feel... very inspired... *backing away slowly*

Thank you for the additional link, I'm sure I won't regret it!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago
*backing away slowly* - Girl's got charisma for sure :)
Also, Plelb, they're not your or Banner's links, they're site links. Still, I'm amused to see what comes out of this rivalry.

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Welcome to the site. I'm the awesome pun lord around here.

I cry myself to sleep at night.

Ignore the crossed out text.

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Thank you for the welcome! I don't have the necessary knowledge to compete with you, but if possible, introduce me to the Awesome Sarcasm Lord/Lady so I can initiate my attempts to overthrow him/her. 

Oh. What crossed out text? :)

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hello, and welcome! ^_^

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hello! Thank you!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago
Hi, welcome to CYS and thanks for reading~ ^v^

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

It was my pleasure, really!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia! I hope you enjoy reading the stories here and perhaps writing one of your own someday!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Thanks for the welcome! Perhaps someday I will, when I get acquainted with the way story games should be written!

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hi! *waves* :D

Howdy-ho!

7 years ago

Hello! *waves back* Thanks for welcoming me!