Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

H-hi guys. My name's Jamie and, as you can tell, I'm new on here. I'm very awkward and shy so if I don't talk often, that's why. It's nice to meet you :)

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

I'll be sure to take a gander, thank you :)

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago
@Plelb : I heard a mic drop somewhere

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

Hmm... Banner's trying to exhaust all possible links I could use, looks like I need a new strategy. 

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago
Welcome to the site. I do hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

Thanks, I'm sure I will

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

I'll just warn you now that if you ever cross me I will end your life by throwing pancakes at you and beating you with sugar cubes.

Welcome to the site :D

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

Welcome, Jamie ^_^

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

Hi! ^-^ I ish shy too. >-< Sometimes

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago
Uhm... this is a bit awkward, but... *whisper (your profile is naked)...

And welcome~

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

*joins whispering awkwardly* (omygerd D: it says "No Profile Entered" We wanna know more about you, Jamie!)

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

*Joins* A naked stranger? This is why we need a default profile picture for CYS. Too many nudes.

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

Ya. We're not in the Renaissance.

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

What's wrong with nudes?

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago
So... so pale... *hurk!

Hi, I'm New

7 years ago
Welcome, and it's nice you've introduced yourself. I hope you write stories CYS enjoys to read.