Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Dead Man Walking Route Map

7 years ago

Does one exist? I've trawled through to posts six years old, and while two or three have discussed the game, I couldn't find a route map (and the completionist in me won't let me consider a CYoA 'experienced' until I've run through all paths).

7 years ago
You're my only hope @BerkaZerka

7 years ago
I have a map somewhere in a box in storage that I may never see again haha!

The problem with a map too, is that there are paths available to you only if you have Jacob from the elevator (not boat club), paths only available with the bike, or bit/not bit, or if you are truly reckless.

My favorite and least accessible are the Bank scene, the elderly Chinese man in the Newstand, and blowing up a Banshee with the hobo's propane bombs.

7 years ago
Alright, if you find that map, it'd be awesome. In case you don't, could you give hints on how to get to those hard to reach scenes (and maybe a couple other that you'd recommend as well)?

7 years ago
Without my notes and it having been published so long ago, I'm not sure how reliable I could be haha!

But let's see... Most of the more interesting things happen off simply walking out into the street from the Parking Garage without looking first.

You have a Banshee in Fox Park, the leap over the side to the Bank scene, Jacob in the elevator, but won't have the Bicycle option.

The Chinese man in the Newsstand scene is perhaps the hardest to get. You have to have the bike, go around the back of the Hospital, while being chased by a horde, then climb up the dumpster onto the roof. From there, drop down the east side of the hospital - but, unless it's night time, you'll miss the scene, because it's all about finding a safe place to sleep. If you are bit at this point, you realize you are a carrier. It is the only way to save Jacob (or your Wife) if you are bit before this point.

A lot of content is also missed by going across the railroad bridge, rather than taking the rowboat directly across the river to the cemetery.

The hobo scene happens only if you go south on foot or by bicycle.

There is also a scene I had fun writing, involving hiding in the coffin in the back of a hearse after crashing it into a storefront.

One of the least accessible endings involves ending up sitting out the apocalypse with a leg chopped off at the cemetery after some misadventures at the drug store.

Plus many many more I can't even remember how to access anymore! ^v^

7 years ago
Alright, thank you very much for these! (If you recall other points of note, please do add them). Will probably launch a new section in the Lists for Parlor Room content, so it'll all be archived for future use (the OMS maze for one has been a source of questions multiple times over the years)

6 years ago

Is there a way to get out of the subway tunnels that doesn't involve using a ceiling hatch?

6 years ago
No, I don't believe I put any other way out, as it all leads to the parking garage scene from there.

6 years ago

Where is the "talkative zombie"?

6 years ago
The Bo cameo is reached by parking a block away from your house and walking through the neighbor's yard.

5 years ago

How is the 'chopped off leg' ending reached - the only way I've found to lose a leg is to kill the hellhound in the 'wrong' way, which automatically leads to a game over screen?

5 years ago
I believe the only way is to leave Jacob with the cemetery caretakers, then go on foot to the drug store, where killing a Drooler blinds you.

You are in the right area, if there is a crashed news helecopter nearby.

5 years ago

Unfortunately, I can now confirm this isn't it. The paths from leaving Jacob and continuing on foot are:

go further south ----> Banshee (Death Scene)

go further south ----> Madman ------> Commuter lot

go west -----> Veterans Bridge (optional 'search cars' scene) ---> Train Bridge ---> Veterinary Clinic 

None of these involve encountering the drooler (and that scene is referred to as a "convenience store" instead of "drug store" FWIW).

5 years ago
Ah, I see what is missing now.

In order to have the Drug Store option at all, Greg needs to have infected his wound in the Indian River - by falling in through the sewers, or drinking it under the stone pier.

Then take Jacob to the Cemetery, but do not leave him. Instead, just pass through and head to the pharmacy.

When Greg looses his eyes, have Jacob lead him back to the Cemetery.

7 years ago

Boy did I miss out on the interesting parts. I guess playing from personal choice will rob you of those moments. 

I can make a route map of my past walkthrough as well as any future ones. But can't promise a completion date on it..

7 years ago
Sure, knock yourself out. However, we may want a word from Berka on how much randomness governs the game (if it's to a high degree, then the route map may be shaky at best due to RNG roll based changes)

7 years ago
The closest thing to that would be the Church scene. It plunks down whether you go north or south at the start. The Garage scene is also the same, regardless of going north, south, or an extra platform.

5 years ago

I can confirm that I missed so much content on this one. I'm going to have to reread it. My first play through found my cameo and that was enough for me. Also I reached a good ending and was very satisfied with the experience.