Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Hiatus

7 years ago

Sorry I've been away lately, all. I've been busy. I spent the weekend at NwHacks (came 2nd in our category!) and have been making a concerted effort to program less on my spare time since then. I'll be back around sooner rather than later, but I'm going to continue spending a little more time away from the computer in the meantime.

Cheers,

3J

Hiatus

7 years ago

It's cool 3J, thanks for the update.

Hiatus

7 years ago

It's nearly summer, good time to enjoy the outdoors. Also, congrats on the hack, what was it?

Hiatus

7 years ago
I don't know if the sun's light ever touches the dreary frozen hellpit 3J calls home, but I can understand the desire to take a break from staring at a screen, especially when he's having to do it at work too.

Have a good break 3J, we know we can depend on you to come riding to the rescue and overthrow whatever just in the nick of time if it's needed.

Hiatus

7 years ago
Sounds like a good deal and congrats!

Hiatus

7 years ago

I think you've more than earned a break, enjoy the snow, and frost, and dry air (I assume 24/7 heat turns rooms into the Gobi desert there much the same way it does here).

Oh! Maybe you can try this thing called tabletop gaming! I'm not sure if anyone here has tried it, but I hear it's fun. :P

Hiatus

7 years ago
Muh updates!

Congrats on the second place. Have fun with your real life, whatever that is. I'm told it is fun. :)

Hiatus

6 years ago
*Crickets chirp quietly in the background*

Hiatus

6 years ago

Be grateful for King Log... he may suddenly by replaced by King Stork. ;P

Hiatus

6 years ago
Didn't get that reference, what?

Hiatus

6 years ago
It's an aesop fable. The frogs who wanted a king.

Hiatus

6 years ago

I always liked the tale about the Wolf and the Lamb!

The Admin and the Noob

One morning a Noob playfully started posting foolish things on the forums. She didn’t mean anything by it, she was young and her parents were cousins.

That very same morning a grumpy Admin logged on looking for something to ban. He soon laid his eyes on the Noob. As a rule, Mr. Admin would ban such a stupid target without hesitation, but this Noob was so very pathetic that the Admin decided he should at least have an excuse for banning her from the site.

“Hey fucktard, you’re spamming up the forums! You deserve to be punished severely for your shitposting!”

“But, mighty Admin,” replied the trembling Noob, “Do not be angry! I was only asking questions about the site!"

“Then you should have read the articles in the Help & Info section!” retorted the Admin savagely. “And besides, judging by your name, you’re obviously a WC Fan! You probably wrote the one I just deleted!”

“How could I have done so?” pleaded the Noob. “I only just joined and I have not even created a story yet as you can see on my profile.”

“All you WC Fans have similar names! But if it wasn’t you, it was one of your retarded friends!”

“I have no friends.”

“I can believe that.” snarled the Admin. “But it doesn’t matter who it was, because you’re probably a troll alt anyway and I do not intend to be talked out of banning you!”

And without any more words the Admin banned the poor Noob and marked her name in the graveyard.

Any excuse will serve a tyrant.