Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello....newbie here

7 years ago

Hello everyone.  I came across this site while looking for some ideas for my students to do as they learn Python.  Anyway, I have always love CYOA stories so I signed up.  I have a question for the veterans out there.  I had created a short CYOA story many years ago that I posted on Tripod (yes I am that old).  Is there an easy way to convert those webpages so I can post it here?

My plan is to get that one posted here as soon as I can and move on from there.  

It's great to be here.

Hello....newbie here

7 years ago
Hello and welcome. I'm guessing your story was entirely hyperlink based with no variables, in which case it's a simple matter of copying and pasting your text into pages in the CYS editor and building in the links (which is all fairly simple). If that's not the case, do let me know.

Hello....newbie here

7 years ago
Hi and welcome.

Yeah, I think copy and pasting may be the only way to go, though if you turn off the Rich Text Editor in your profile the site will recognize your html and formatting. Links will have to be created manually with the editor though.

If it was a project created years ago the c&p process might be a good time to read it over for any edits you'd like to make, if you want to look on the bright side. (I can rarely stand the sight of my old work...)

Hello....newbie here

7 years ago

Just copy and pasting is the easiest way, I think.

And also, welcome! ^_^

Hello....newbie here

7 years ago
Zippo!

Hello....newbie here

7 years ago

Welcome to CYS! Don't spam.

Hello....newbie here

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

I look forward to reading your storygame! Like others have said, copy & pasting and manually adding in the links is your best and only option.