Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Newby Time

7 years ago

Hi all.

My name is Rick, and I live in Nova Scotia.

Glad to come across this site, and looking forward to reading some of your material, and posting some of mine (in the hopes that you will help me improve my very beginner-level writing skills).

Thanks, and Peace to all (except Orcs...).

Newby Time

7 years ago
Hello there, person number 40521, Welcome to the site! Hope you have fun here! Unless you are someone's alt, then go away.

Newby Time

7 years ago
Greetings, and welcome. All the best for your writing endeavors.

Newby Time

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia. We're currently dealing with spamming in the forums, so please be patient until the issue is resolved. Have a great day :)

Newby Time

7 years ago
But...orcs are awesome?! (Trolls, not so much, so please ignore the current one.)

I'd recommend starting off just browsing the top rated games to get a feel for the possibilities and the sort of things readers like, and for your own writing, drop by the Workshop for feedback and advice.

There are usually story and poetry prompt threads active in the Creative Corner if you want to write something just for fun without any pressure.

Newby Time

7 years ago

Nah, orcs have only a few paths to go down, with Beogh, Hep, Trog, or Oka. They play like a less agile Minotaur. 4/8 overall, not a unique play experience.

Newby Time

7 years ago

Hello, and welcome!

Newby Time

7 years ago
Must still be better than living in Quebec, right? ;)

Newby Time

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

Newby Time

7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll take a look... when I'm not working... or when I'm bored with life....

Ok, I'm taking a look!!

Newby Time

7 years ago
Welcome to the site. I didn't know people still lived there. I'm getting cold just thinking about it.