Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

So does anyone watch/have watched it? I feel the need to babble about it. It's on Netflix. :3 I think that it's very well done, though some things don't make sense to me. SPOILERS: Like how the two lovers-but-not-really had their spirits/whatever stolen from them by the Fire King even though that's not supposed to be possible because they aren't normal people with powerful skills and how Ka Suo's eyes changed colors from blue to brown and vice versa in different scenes/episodes. The show is in mandarin, but there's English subtitles, and the music is so beautiful. The theme songs for the important characters/stuff are lovely, and the intro song is apparently by this really famous Taiwanese person I don't remember the name of (a couple of covers for this song are... amazing. Transcendental). The costumes are beautiful and fit well with the setting. I love the adventure and action and suspense and romance and betrayal! ^_^ Give the show a few episodes to make sense. :D

TLDR: Watch Ice Fantasy and talk with me about it!!!

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

I know what show you're talking about since my wife was watching a few episodes of it, but she lost interest in it for whatever reason and I was only sort of passively half watching it, so I barely even remember what it was even about.

Had cool scenery though.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

You sound like my father on everything I watch. XD *passively half watching*

My favorite scenery is the mermaid's (?) palace.

(Note to others: I literally watched this in mandarin, so my terms may be different. Like, I use "Fire Kingdom" instead of "Fire Tribe", which is what I think the show uses.)

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

Sounds pretty interesting. I'll take a looksie at it soon.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

*hungrily glares* Watch. It. o-o At least try it.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

Tryyyyy it

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

*turns hungry gaze to you* Have you watched it?

Opening Theme Song (I think; can't listen to it right now to check xD)
^Also happens to be a good trailer.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

Yeah, I've watched it.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

^-^ OMG REALLY???? :DDDDDDD

***SPOILERS (kinda...)*** What do you think of Yan Da and Yin Kong Shi?? Lan Shang and Yin Kong Shi?? Lan Shang and Ka Suo? Those two normal people with powerful abilities that I forgot the name of? T^T I wish those two could've been together. I'm all for Yan Da and Yin Kong Shi! ^_^ ***SPOILERS END***

I can't wait until season 2!!!!!

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

i like Yan Da and Yin Kong Shi, but Lan Shang and Ka Suo, eh, I could take it or leave it :P

GIMME SEASON 2 PLZ

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

I just finished the freaking 62-episode thing two days ago, and now any other show I watch (esp Asian ones) cannot compare! T^T I'm forced to watch Chinese movies at lunch/dinner, and with Ice Fantasy done, I dunno what I can watch that isn't one of those super cringey idiot girl teenage/college romance things that somehow got produced. :<

WHY DID SHE HAFTA DIE???? T^T

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

Spongebob.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

That's not mandarin. >_> I'm sure there's a mandarin version though. And it's so dumb anyway. My father couldn't stand it; he doesn't like animated films/shows.

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

SPONGEBOB, DUMB?!!?

I can't even.

NOPE.

*Walks out of building*

*Drives off*

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

I don't think 'hungrily' is the adjective you're thinking of. :^)

Ice Fantasy

7 years ago

>~> I realized my adjective use was... odd. :(