Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

I found this website from a friend recommendation. It seems pretty cool :)

Hi Im new here

6 years ago
Welcome.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Thank you

Hi Im new here

6 years ago
Welcome.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Wow, a lot of people coming on due to friends and family lately. Welcome you filthy alt scum new person.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Hello and welcome to Cystia! I'm not sure why you have a similar post to that other dude, and you're most likely an alt, but here's some text:

Hello and welcome to Cystia! Good luck on your writing and future endeavors. Here, have a few inspirational stories!

If you have any questions about this site, feel free to PM me, or any other member for help. This might be obvious, but never give out personal information, or your password to anyone on this site. It would also be a good idea to take a glance at the Help & Info section of the forums, particularly in the awesome articles made by other site members! This is a good starter article, as it displays numerous helpful information at this site, and can be counted as an archive.

Before you go on submerge yourself further in the reading or writing world, you must read this article that shows proper forum etiquette. I highly advise you do this to avoid potential fights. Remember, do not feed the troll!

Lastly, have this beautiful face to 'inspire' you.

Thomas The Train

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

I'm not an alt, but thank you for welcoming me :) I'm sure I will have a great time here.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

You spelled endeavours wrong. Just to point that out for your future welcomings.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Welcome, feel free to take a look around, there's plenty to do.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Thank you very much.

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Hi! ^_^ Welcome to the site.

Now, more importantly, who's your friend? <3

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Hm, well I think everyone on the site could be my friend. ^_^ And thank you!

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Hello and welcome~

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Thank you :)

Hi Im new here

6 years ago
Hi

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Hello :)

Hi Im new here

6 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read all of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.