Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The BEST story on the site

6 years ago

What do you people think is the BEST story on the site.

I, personally, don't have the time and patience to just read any story, so I decided to come to you guys to find one (or several) that won't waste my time.

6 years ago

Some could give you more extensive reviews, but I'll go ahead and say my favorite. Eternal by EndMaster is my favorite on the site. (The Other World, by Kiel_Farren was the one that was on par in my opinion, but that's not on the site anymore.) Through Time by Killa Robot is really good as well. Then just go through the top games by rating on the home page. All of those are good too.

6 years ago
Above a certain level of quality it becomes a moot point choosing a 'best' anything. At that range, it's more individual preferences and not the author's craft that separates a 'top' for the 'second best.' Amongst what I've played, I'd consider Eternal and Dead Man Walking to be exemplars at CYS, to the level that I'd recommend 'em to anyone as an alternative to a game (as in I'd recommend those two to anyone looking for a great game to play, not just a great CYoA to play). Those two are also 'feature complete' (no To Be Continued like Price of Freedom) and consistently high quality throughout. Death Song barely misses the cut because it's required predecessor (Necromancer) was a little bit more childish than DS, so the combined feel is a little bit off (like following a martini with aged whisky, both can be great but the combination isn't the best, and the target audiences are slightly different).

6 years ago
Figure out what your favorite genre is and then go read the top rated stories in that category. Simple.