Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Kid-Friendly Adventures

7 years ago

Hey All,

So I'm a teacher, and I run an after-school gaming club. We play tabletop RPGs and I was looking for some stories on here that would be appropriate. I know there is a sort of "rating" on each story, but there is no way to sort by this feature. Can anyone recommend a good in-depth story with lots of choices? Something that would get students (more specifically middle schoolers) hooked until the end. Then want to play it over to experience all the options?

Kid-Friendly Adventures

7 years ago

Dungeon Stompage is what fits the bill. It even has variables encoded with scripting for stats, moves, items, and battles. I hope it's what your students are looking for.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/dungeon-stompage~21?

Kid-Friendly Adventures

7 years ago

Most of the best stories are pretty mature in nature, but OMS and Homo Perfectus are pretty PG. HP also has the benefit of being a massive time sink for kids with time to burn. 

E: There's a mildly suggestive sex scene in OMS, but nothing that they haven't seen on television before. 

Kid-Friendly Adventures

7 years ago
This subject came up recently (in a thread that's been removed) but we don't have a lot of children's games. The more popular/prolific authors just haven't been interested in writing them, and when we get children themselves joining they want to be edgy and cool and bad at grammar.

If you're really a teacher maybe you could be the one to write something for that age range, it's definitely an area the site is lacking in.

Kid-Friendly Adventures

7 years ago
There's the story about Lily and the Forest or whatever. It's alright for a children's story. End's Imagination is a kid's story too.

Kid-Friendly Adventures

7 years ago

I know what Will writes isn't necessarily kid-friendly, but it's probably 'educational' enough that a school administrator wouldn't give a shit at first glance.

Kid-Friendly Adventures

7 years ago

I think that we should have filters like that. A filter for the difficulty, length, words, etc.

Just to make it easier to find what you have time for or something.