Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Chaos Contest Link Thread

6 years ago
If you have an entry for the Chaos Contest, post a link to your story here.

6 years ago

6 years ago

Uhhh err. *points at Berka* He started it!~

6 years ago

fml I think something will go wrong as it always does. *knocks on wood and glass three times*

6 years ago

6 years ago

I really have to applaud your piece. *claps* 7 days too. *glares at Ford*

6 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/ethowaine~3a-a-time-for-mourning This is a ton of pages, but about half of that is because I don't know how to use the Advanced Editor yet, so a lot of pages are duplicates with small variation. Still, it's pretty long. Sorry. *sadly I see no button to make a link and I just tried the common html code to no avail. Fortunately copy and past works. EDIT-FFS I finally figure out the hyperlink command and now all my spacing is ruined. LMAO the fail...

6 years ago
Check this place later for an actual finished story

Now excuse me I have to go to bed and sleep three hours and then work for ten.

6 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/story/chaos~2e

Good news: It's better than space johnson.

bad news: it's not good enough to win. seems I'll be gone.

6 years ago

I'll miss you Ford ;-;

6 years ago
I don't like you.

6 years ago

I know. But I will miss you.

But my aim will get better :^)

6 years ago
Ford, I love you. Goodbye.

6 years ago
I don't like you either.

6 years ago

You don't like him. You love him. Duh.

6 years ago
@Ford please explain that 60K word count. I am so confused and I've spent far longer clicking through your game than it deserves. It can't be all scripting unless there's more going on there than the skill checks.

I kept getting the third bad end, then I went back in awhile and started deliberately failing skill checks. Then I got the second and ninth ending and realized they were both exactly the same as the third.

I don't think I'm missing several thousand of words of content anywhere, but just want to be sure.

6 years ago
had to abandon paths. In the end I just said "fuck working on these I won't finish by the deadline" so I worked on two short paths andlet them both lead to a bad ending. bad ending is based on scripting on the first page meant for rolling character stats and npc names. so essentially 60% of the writing is inaccessable.

6 years ago
Fix your story before you die. March would've wanted it.

6 years ago
m8 you just wait.

6 years ago

Couldn't finish the one I wanted to, so here is my shitty last minute effort.

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/in-the-beginning

6 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/of-cold-hands-and-sour-fruit

6 years ago
It didn't end after 2 pages so you're already top 5 material. Great job.

6 years ago

That was really close, holy shit. My hands are shaking from the stress. :'D

6 years ago

Alright, finished judging.

Some of you would have gotten higher scores if you hadn't waited until the last moment and actually worked on this stuff.

6 years ago
For all the people who earned SHAME, I wrote and scripted this piece of crap in about four hours today. Yeah, it's shit, but you can do something competent in as little as a weekend.

Be less lazy.

6 years ago

Moved to the News & Updates forum.

6 years ago

Only about half the participants submitted something. A shame.

6 years ago
Read them all and voted. Let the Purge begin LOL!

6 years ago
Yeah I'm hoping the voting won't take too long, there aren't too many stories of any kind of size this time, the best ones seem pretty obvious and the sooner I can unpublish mine the better.

Ford, what kind of flowers do you like?

6 years ago
purple bellflowers

6 years ago

Interesting choice :o

6 years ago
It'd be a surprise if I finish before Sunday. Busy week. Going to orthopedist today.

6 years ago

I've just submitted my ballot. I have to say, it was somewhat difficult to pick a clear winner/top three, as there were some really good stories, which were relatively close in terms of quality . Though, of course, there also were some stories (by for example authors that have somewhat much to lose) that were definitely not among the better ones.

6 years ago
I was seeing much the same. Many of the top stories balanced out in their good qualities, so choosing a winner (for me) came down to how engaged/interested I was in the read-through.

6 years ago

Yep, pretty poor showing by the Chaos Seekers. Most of them flaked out, two of them got 1s and the other one didn't even beat any of the other non-chaos seeker contestants.

6 years ago
Now I regret not bidding all my points and/or account, but my track record for finishing even unfinished things is not good.

6 years ago

WIBN is surely in the top three.

6 years ago
Choices submitted, the top two were wonderful stories that I heartily enjoyed. Beyond that, there was a tier of stories that were good but lacking something (depth/cohesion/pacing), below that, well, let's not go there. With this done, I can now sink my teeth into Trails in the Sky 3 guilt free.

6 years ago
Submitted my choices, there were some really great stories and a scattering of new good and not awful stories for the site so it's been a good competition :) Well done everyone who submitted.

6 years ago
Oh so you're the one that's been prolonging Ford's suffering. Are you the last judge?

(Actually just kidding I don't care about Ford I just really really need to take my story out behind a barn already.)

6 years ago
No, that'd be me again. Expect an announcement Wednesday night.

6 years ago

Hasn't Wednesday passed?

6 years ago

No, we skipped Wednesday last week and went straight to Thursday.

6 years ago

Maybe Ford is holding Bucky hostage to keep his account alive.

6 years ago

There's actually a good chance of that, but if it were true then Ford would still be using his account and not Chanbot.

6 years ago

The excitement has worn off for me. :/ now I'm just curious.

6 years ago
Don't you start now. It won't be till June if you people keep this up.

Anyway I believe Bucky is having an MRI today going by his last post. I'd say shame on him for not taking his laptop along, but maybe for some unfathomable reason the nurse wouldn't allow it.