Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Pleasure to met you I am Lucian Carmine VonDoom I have a lot of RPG story work on the internet mostly in Novella form for people's role play charecters back stories I found your site and knew I had to become a member thank you for creating such a place.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Hi newb, welcome.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Thank you king pleasure to make your acquaintance  

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Same here, but you have a very edgy profile pic.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

It is from a favorite  show of mine I like it because it reminds me it is harder to be happy is this world and easier to be sad but that only serves to show the things that make us happy are worth fighting for XD have a nice day King 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Hello and welcome to CYStia! I hope you enjoy reading and writing here!

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Ty nice to meet you

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Hi hiiii! Welcome to CYS, and I hope you make a lot of great games! Rule 1 of CYS is to have fun! Rule 2 of CYS is to not back talk Steve, because he'll call you a ton of ragey fedora-like expletives. Other than that, it's very nice around here.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Thanks for the welcome 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Welcome to the site, Carmine! Just a grammar tip (Not trying to be rude), you should use more periods and such in your posts. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Thanks for the welcome, perhaps your right I sound grammar check before I hit done XD. 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Don't forget to use periods. 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Guess he didn't study too well in first period.

Ok, i'll go now, sorry.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

That pun almost made me contemplate taking you to the back of the shed and putting you down.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

It probably wouldn't be the first time.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

How'd you know? Don't tell me you're psychic. 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

No I usually wake up once you break the skin with the needles.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Geez, all this talk of murder reminds me of this period drama I was watching the other day.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

That was the use of period you went with? Fucking amateur.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Jesus, don't be such a fucking grammar nazi. Someone's on their period if they're this bitchy.

That's how you fucking do it, Minnie.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Hmm, are you possibly on your period? Is there something that you're not telling us, Steve?

Moving on from periods, the above dialogue of sheds were our simple friendly little banter.

Edit: I think that pun was actually one of his better ones. The expensive lessons appears to be paying off.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Whilst your lack of knowledge of male anatomy is unsurprising given your canonical appearance, guys don't get periods.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Really? Your usual behavior and that specific post was totally steering me in a different direction in which testosterone was illusive or not at all present.

Eh, Regardless it seems I'll have to rethink some things on this whole matter of periods, and apparently puns.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Steering you in a different direction in which testosterone was illusive or not at all present? Huh, I didn't know my posts had so much of an influence on your biology. 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Well not in the physical sense of course, but this is something of an intriguing phenomenon.

I'll get to the bottom of this soon.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

I've no idea what the fuck you're on at this point, so I'm just going to assume this is you coming out as a tranny.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Nah, that was me unsuccessfully trying to sound witty. 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

No, I think my theory works better.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Your theory was born from having no idea as to what was happening. I'm sorry but we'll have to throw it out in favor of delicious cake. 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Hmmm... no.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

It's currently in the incinerator. 

And the cake, too. 

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

You're pretty good at puns, Steve. I wish Steve puns were a periodical occurrence.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Haiiii! If you ever have any questions or need help, just ask me! :D

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

You will be eaten alive!

#NEWBIE

6 years ago
Welcome to the site. Please, learn how to use punctuation.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here, despite, well, anything (or anyone) else.

#NEWBIE

6 years ago
Egads! A Canadian!

(Welcome)

#NEWBIE

6 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read any of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.