Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Music Thread

6 years ago

I wanted to celebrate my Computer's official descent from intuitive machinery to a humming cluster of workarounds for the sake of workarounds with a glorious sonic extravaganza. In order to listen to music whilst writing online, I now have to open up my computer in safe networking mode, re-enable the sound, disable my other tabs, and strangle a ghostly pheasant in order to get it to happen. What music do you guys listen to while writing?

Music Thread

6 years ago

Oh snap, I'm sorry about your computer. I feel like a pretentious asshole when I say this, but I listen to classical music while I study as well as when I write. My favorite composer is Liszt, most notably his Faust Symphony.

Music Thread

6 years ago

To Pimp a Butterfly, in whatever shuffled order pleases ye

Music Thread

6 years ago

Fuck that 'classical' 1800s shit or whatever that people will inevitably bring up. rap is the only music I listen to when studying, and the only music i listen to at all.

drop beethoven and instead cop XXXTentacion. A 19-year old Soundcloud rapper (yeah I know what you're thinking) that's basically a mix between Beatles, Beethoven, Queen, Kendrick Lamar, and whatever other artist only white people listen to, but on steroids.

Incredibly underrated and talented (he's unfortunately been in jail these past few months for beating his pregnant girlfriend and robbery.)

Give a listen to his best hits: Look at Me! (has 64.8 million plays according to soundcloud btw), SippinTeaInYoHood, What in XXXTarnation?!, Vice City

It might seem strange at first, in fact more of a joke, but as you'll listen you'll realize this dude is pushing the boundaries of hip hop like Kanye back in 04. X will blow up once he drops a proper studio album (which is actually happening this year).

Music Thread

6 years ago

OSTs, just put 'em on and you don't need to worry about music for the next half hour - two hours, and when it ends I can take a break

While starting

Bit Blaster XL
    Runner 2, Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
    Crypt of the Necrodancer

While writing, contingent on genre

A Bird Story
    To the Moon
    Civilization Beyond Earth
    Civilization V
    Deadbolt + Else Heart.Break(), a suprisingly good combination for writing
    Deus Ex (HR and MD)
    Expand
    Gods will be watching
    Gone Home
    Guacamelee
    Jade Empire
    King of Dragon Pass
    Metal Gear Solid V
    Never Alone
    Papo & Yo
    Q.U.B.E.
    Sang-froid
    Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall
    Steamworld Heist
    Stellaris
    The Witcher 3
    Trails in the Sky SC
    Hiroyuki Sawano's work
    Overwatch
    Owlboy
    Ori and the Blind Forest
    Pacific Rim
    Pirates of the Caribbean

Music Thread

6 years ago
Kana Nishino (J-Pop) or random anime music.

Music Thread

6 years ago

Any electronic or anime music will do. 

Preferably anime, though.

I like the sound of hot Japanese girls screaming something in another language while fighting evil witches.

Music Thread

6 years ago

Punk, Jazz or all those old Rhythm and Blues shit.

Music Thread

6 years ago

I'm really bad with listening to music and doing anything at all. I just wanna focus on the sick beats! I work best with light chatter in the background...But still, I've got a couple of burned CD's and a walkman ready to go. Here's one of my favorite playlists, it puts me in a wondrous, adventurous mood:

Music Thread

6 years ago

I'm surprised there were non-traditional metal instruments in Xipe Totec, but something irks me about it.I mean, flutes aren't the first thing that come to mind when I think about "Aztec Death Metal". Didn't they have screaming whistles or something that caused their enemies to shit themselves to death? That'd be an interesting, Metal-as-Hell sound to work into a song.

Music Thread

6 years ago

I prefer the songs in languages i can't understand, *looks at ballad-style kpop* oh, and of course, rain (it's actually raining here right now so that's wonderful,)

Music Thread

6 years ago

I was looking for some more old-fashioned Chinese Jazz, possibly with traditional instruments, for the playlist I was getting together for writing my Chinese Spy story. Then I came across these:

Some relaxing shit

More relaxing shit

Funky Japanese shit. Seriously, if Japan sounded like this in the 80s, I think I could've subsisted without AC/DC.

Increasingly funky Japanese shit.

Jazzy sounds with traditional instruments like I was looking for, but it's kind of from the wrong place.

They say these are Chinese, but there's Japanese and Taiwanese shit here if you look at the comments. I doubt it's from the 60s, but it does give me enough Bond vibes to fit in.

Music Thread

6 years ago

We are number one boii

Music Thread

6 years ago

Christ, shut the fuck up. If you're going to shit up the thread with inane memes at least make them topical. 

Music Thread

6 years ago

I say everytime a twelve year old who thinks they're funny joins the site, we ban them.

Music Thread

6 years ago

But... But I was a 12 year old who thought he was funny. YOU were a 12 year old who thought they were funny.

Granted, we didn't exactly namedrop random cancer and expect our fellows to laugh at it simply because it was brought up inanely, but... We were still young and not very funny. In fact, we're both young and not very funny to this very day. But doggone it, at least there's some semblance of thought that went into our posts and shit. At least we can invoke that underdog charm of the degenerates attempting intentional humor, rather than the underdog charm of the idiot child who throws shit at the wall because of how ironic it is.

Music Thread

6 years ago

So long as we're talking about dead and dying meme music, Pavarotti singing the Spiderman Pizza Song is actually pretty damn amazing. I've listened to it around the house for hours, and it;s on my overall writing playlist.

Music Thread

6 years ago

I have a playlist on YouTube full of songs I listen to no matter what I'm doing. On mobile and too lazy to add a clicky link, but here's the URL:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZFef4Z1qBpCLR_QA-mjz4I-VUDUEB_Hk

Still adding stuff to it.