Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
I've been using imgbox.com for picture uploads since Brad or whoever suggested it in place of imgur. Now I get a big fat security error from Firefox and the site has been replaced by another one that I'm afraid to use, and also looks like it's for videos and not screenshots.

Any other good image hosting sites that don't mind being hot linked on random forums?

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
Lunapic.

Not only can you edit your uploaded pictures, it is also fully functional on a mobile device.

http://www168.lunapic.com/editor/

Sorry can't link on mobile.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
postimg

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
Okay thanks I'll try these later. Kind of moot atm now that I ran out of data and then electricity.

Am currently attempting to build an air conditioner using rocks and pointy sticks brb.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago

You might need a blanket for the piercing cold.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
It is like a sauna both inside and outside the house right now. I have taken shelter inside my car.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
I use PhotoBucket, though the user interface loads dog slow from time to time.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
Google drive?

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
does google drive support embedding? o-o

Linking to a personal one on accident could also be a concern...

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
Huh. It appears not.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago

Works for me.

E: Oh, lol. Worked for me, more like.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago

Huh. imgbox is still as it has been on my end and hasn't raised any flags in any of my browsers, but in any case I tested out ImgBB (bear in mind it was simply the first Google result) and it appears to work similarly.

If you happen to have images with particularly small filesizes—we're talking 32 kB or fewer—and don't mind potentially really long strings of text in src attributes, you can also forego hosting entirely and convert them into data URIs.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago
I didn't understand anything in that second paragraph but weird, imgbox is working on my phone. Can't test it on my computer again right now, but Firefox gave me some message about a security certificate and when I clicked to go there anyway I was on...I think 'Sendvid', which looked shady and fake.

Alternatives to imgbox?

6 years ago

You can turn your picture into letters.

A lot of letters.