Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Images

6 years ago

So I am trying to insert a picture into my story and I want it in the middle of the page so it looks better when you read the story instead it's on the far side of the page and I don't know how to move it to the middle.

What do I do?

Images

6 years ago

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's possible to have the picture centered. Perhaps you will need scripting, idk. 

Don't know if you know this, so excuse me if you do, but it is possible to change the size of the picture. If you double click on it, a window will pop up and you can make the picture either smaller or bigger. You should try to experiment with it a little, find out what looks best. Size can make a huge difference. And a little advice, if you can't figure out, I'd suggest you just put it away for a while and simply focus on the story. It's easy to get lost in details. 

Images

6 years ago

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Images

6 years ago

You can do this in the rich text editor. First, right click the image and select "Image Properties". In this menu, change the setting of the final entry, "Alignment", to "<not set>" and OK the changes. Then, click next to the image so the blinking text cursor appears aside it and choose the center align icon in the toolbar.

Images

6 years ago

Haven't tried that yet so I'll give it a go.

Images

6 years ago

Success! I was able to move it so it looked less cancerous thanks for the help.

Images

6 years ago
Have you tried < center >? (Minus the spaces) Assuming you're not using the RTE, which you pretty much have to turn off if you want images anyway.

Images

6 years ago

I actually did try to center the image with that but all it did was move the words to the middle.

EDIT: Wait, I might be thinking of something else.

Images

6 years ago
Did you close the tag?

Sorry I know this is like 'is the device plugged in' levels of advice but might as well make sure. Centering the image and then starting the text a couple of lines down should work though.

Images

6 years ago

I got it already though I appreciate the help

Ya, I put the image at the bottom and centered it so it's fixed.

Images

6 years ago

I'm glad this has been solved. Looks like I learned something today as well.

Good luck with whatever you're working on, btw.