Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

One sentence description

6 years ago

I just want a one sentence description of your stories. For example;

A detrimental psychotic student was actually telling the truth about demonic entities rising.

One sentence description

6 years ago

Might be suited more to the Creative Corner or something, but anyways.

A company commander rises (or loses) in influence through his military endeavours while fighting off dragons and steampunk war machines, which culminates in him fighting a global death cult dedicated to bring about the world's destruction.

One sentence description

6 years ago

I'll be on the look out for it. 

One sentence description

6 years ago

It's nowhere near finished, but yeah... you better be on the look out for it.

One sentence description

6 years ago

Here's mine:

An Average Joe is forced to pass an apprenticeship entry exam for a team of "firemen".

Won't be going out in a long while, though.

One sentence description

6 years ago
A sheep has been summoned.

One sentence description

6 years ago

I believe this was the most interesting one sentence I've read.

One sentence description

6 years ago

One that I have:

An out-of-decade 90's cool kid sorts out his multiple personalities via dixie cups with his beloved funky Sensei.

One that I'm working on:

A left-brain right-brain dynamic dork duo creatively avoid getting punched by football titans in a 1980's style whizzy high school adventure.

One in sketchbook development  phase:

A quartet of emotionally damaged misfits with varying temperaments become fugitives in a magical world where the only refuge is in drink and beet soup with lavender.

One sentence description

6 years ago

A child of unknown age, gender, or appearance fights an armada of gummy bears.

To be honest I'll never finish even a single story...

One sentence description

6 years ago

Keep fighting. Even I'm not there yet.

One sentence description

6 years ago

Syntax mess of unpredictable then predictable plot; no plot, dichotomy, singularity, many choices, many paths, many hours, ever changing, shifting, hidden writhing tale- of the unset, then set- on the constantly collapsing, then unchanging World governed by immutable laws of nature.

(Shit I'm so edgy)

It's really nothing like that. Well.. it's a bit like that.

One sentence description

6 years ago

Um... Basically every life form's life story?

One sentence description

6 years ago

A romantic tale of a dedicated doctor and his childhood sweetheart.

One sentence description

6 years ago
For the guy who wrote Eternal, Ground Zeroes, and Death Song, you take an undue amount of pride in making Love SICK your calling card. Huh.

One sentence description

6 years ago

Didn’t think I really placed it above the others, though I do like everything I write.

In any case Love SICK lends itself to the whole misleading one sentence description joke better.

One sentence description

6 years ago
You probably treat them equally, though as you're so enthusiastic to witness a naive reader's mood whiplash from reading Love SICK you unintentionally end up sounding more proud of that one than your others.

One sentence description

6 years ago

Middle schoolers will always be retar- Oh, shit, I wrote the other one in High School...

One sentence description

6 years ago
I'm a guy who likes writing, trying to get better at it, and happy if my writing makes another persons' day a bit more enjoyable.

One sentence description

6 years ago

First storygame: Weirdo falls from the sky for no reason.
Second storygame: Weird girl falls from the sky, and this time there is a reason, but nobody knows what it is.

Upcoming storygames: Multiple weird people fall from the sky, and none of them even try to find a reason.

One sentence description

6 years ago
Going out on a limb here with deductive reasoning, after your next one, the plot will be around the sky itself falling? (Obligatory Asterix and Obelix plug here :) )

One sentence description

6 years ago

Ballad of the Orchard: A claustrophobic goddess gets so lonely that she turns to pedophilia.

Forest of Past Voices: A man-child complains a lot.

Penthos: A shut-in loser saves the world by outsmarting actual gods because I dunno, plot convenience.

One sentence description

6 years ago

1. A dude proposes to his friend at a carnival since they were friends from childhood despite the fact that they haven't seen each other in a few years.
2. A time traveling Steve (not our Steve though) has his life fixed by his time traveling daughter who accidentally screwed his life up in the first place (though he committed suicide in his original timeline).
3. A boy meets a ghost during the final few days at his for-rich-arses only middle school (and hopefully sets his life in the right direction).
4. The world is being consumed by an unstoppable, undead force and the last desperate attempt for life is courageous yet futile.

One sentence description

6 years ago

The Hunt For Cake 1: Childish plot with childish humor.
The Hunt For Cake 2: Childish plot with childish humor (again).
The Hunt For Cake 3: Childish plot with childish humor (but made in an hour and a half!).
Life Sucks: 2egdy4me
Cross a Canyon: It got taken down for a reason.
Press Start: A quiz about video games that mostly consists of questions about Fallout.
The (original) Chris Parable: Totally not a rip-off of The Stanley Parable.
The (new) Chris Parable: Totally not a rip-off of Adaptation.
Hazelmyre: A classic fantasy setting #344 story with off-beat humor (because we haven't seen that before).

One sentence description

6 years ago

Stockholm Syndrome- A person is kidnapped and is very cool about it because why not?

Siblings- A guy with no friends looks for missing sister and shoots some people in the process.

One sentence description

6 years ago

A front row seat of the apocalypse, with a nonexistent, kind of creepy, may-have-sinister-intentions sister tagging along.