Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

New Contest Starting Soon

6 years ago
Hi all, this is a heads up for our Summer CYOA Writing Contest - which will officially start July 1st and run two months, ending the last day of August.

Yep a two month contest (hosted by yours truly)!

Look for the Official Post Friday, June 30th, which will reveal the Theme, Entry Rules, and Prizes to be won!

-BZ

6 years ago
Awesome, I was wondering what had become of this. Looking forward to it, Berka.

6 years ago

Nice, thanks for hosting Berka! I might actually complete a contest-CYOA this time. 

6 years ago

Another contest for me to lose points in :3

6 years ago
Chaos pt 2 incoming!

6 years ago

Thanks for confirming what I already figured as soon as you started posting, Negative.

6 years ago
My body was not ready.

6 years ago
A chance at a brand new life and that's the avatar you choose.

6 years ago

Shit, I need to finish Awful Rich Space Lesbians before this contest starts. 

6 years ago
Wait, are those awful lesbians or awful RICH lesbians?

Well, they're in space, so either way it should be good, right?

6 years ago
Same, but for Lizards Look at Space Wars.

6 years ago

Nice, I know you'll do great holding the contest BZ! ^-^

6 years ago

Hopefully Ford won't commit suicide again...

Thanks for hosting this BZ. :)

6 years ago

Berka's contests are more dignified by the book affairs.

So no crazy stuff like betting insane amounts of points or your accounts this time.

Not like that really helped anyone anyway.

6 years ago

Yay, now I won't feel like a little bitch when others are betting thousands and I bet 100 or less.

Probably

6 years ago

Ha ha, there's no way in bloody Hell that I'd ever bet a high amount of points again. Hurray for dignity!

6 years ago

Cool, I might try my hand at this depending on how busy my summer is. Thanks for hosting BerkaZerka! What kind of themes have there been in the past other than chaos?

6 years ago

Hm, that's a tough question. Have you perhaps tried looking at some of the threads in News & Updates?

6 years ago

No, I haven't. Seeing as they don't seem to be held often, I assumed I'd have to go back through years. Then again, people probably don't post very often in that section; I don't think I've really ever looked through it.

6 years ago
Most of them should still be on the first page. Whoever would choose to answer your question would have to check anyway, unless they have a really good memory.
Just put in some effort yourself. You just need to press h a few times and listen ... oh right, you're not blind anymore. :P

6 years ago

Yeah, I checked and MinnieKing already rekt me. 

6 years ago
Bucky was hosting them regularly until a couple months ago. But this is the Berka show now so there's no telling what the theme will be.

6 years ago

Yesssssss! I look forward to it!!

6 years ago

:O This will get me writing again. I've written close to nothing since the Chaos Contest ended. Look forward to it, Berka! ^-^

6 years ago

Cool. Any hints as to the theme?

6 years ago
No hints (It would give certain members a slight advantage). Though you already know I'll be throwing my Trophy into the pot for the winner.

6 years ago

Ah, if you say. I guess it's writing about Irish history til then. I will have everyone here now, the trophy is mine, I'm on Summer Holidays and I'm finished school so I have a lot of spare writing time, I will decimate those who oppose.

6 years ago

Will the winner get your trophy AND the contest trophy?

6 years ago
That is Correct! (Presuming 3J eventually logs in to award the Contest Trophy part).

6 years ago

There's no need for that, I already have a contest trophy, it's not like I'll be able to get another.

6 years ago

However, getting 3J to update yours (to include this contest if you did win it) would mean that 3J would have to log on which would cause you to have the 3/4 majority (assuming you receive BZ's trophy). Therefore, I do think you'd very much need that, Steve. :)

6 years ago

I'm not bothered.

6 years ago

I disagree. I, for one, would like an updated contest trophy when I win. Especially since I already have Berka's...

6 years ago
You all understand I'm getting the trophies right?

I'm not sure why you're even having this conversation.

6 years ago

You do realise that entails writing an actual story, right?

6 years ago
Rather, writing and keeping a story up. We're rounding the end of the first half of the year. Number of stories she's written and kept up... *crickets chirping in background* That said, the stories she wrote (but pulled down) were fairly interesting.

6 years ago
The requirements for a 6/8 length story rated 5 or higher are laughable, I mean I've written things I wouldn't wipe my ass with that would still qualify. Maybe you guys will get to see some of them if I get really desperate and close to the deadline but it shouldn't be necessary, I've got this. :)

6 years ago

Ah shit, my mistake. BZ never clarified that we were supposed to submit half-finished entries with promises of fixing it. 

6 years ago

We'd all like a lot of things, but alas, we don't get them. You've only bested me due to End spitefully deciding not to pick me out of what I can only assume is a mixture of lust, childish adoration and jealousy combined in some dangerous brew, and that was in a short story written very quickly, and I'm willing to use all my time to create gold here. I remind you, speed and length are my strength. Ask your mother.

Edit: Should BZ go ahead and pick some incredibly shitty title, like "Poetry", this point is rescinded, and replaced with "Sure, have my scraps. I wouldn't wipe my ass with this contest if it had your mothers tongue attached." I need the mother insult either way, I'm taking this shit not only to the streets, but the motherfucking playground.

6 years ago

I do appreciate that you admit there's a decent possibility of me winning in certain categories, even though you also write that you're too afraid to submit a story in that case anyway. I guess it's therefore fair to admit that you have a pretty decent chance of winning if the category is something like 'protagonist with some sort of psychological issue', or 'most creative/excessive use of swear words'. Anyhow, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

By the way, since when are you allowed within 30 meters of a playground again? 

6 years ago

Not sure what Steve’s bitching about anyway considering I don’t like you any more than I like him. The pair of you are both eurotrash as far as I’m concerned.

This is all based on writing ability anyway, it’s not the fucking prom where I’m picking one of you to be queen based on whether you put out or not. So if Steve wants to win this contest, he's going to have to do it without kneeling for a change.

6 years ago

Yeah, you obviously don't like Romulus more than me, as I'm far superior. Hence, it's your lust, childish adoration and jealousy of me that painted your decision. Plus, you did state specifically that you knew you were going to go against expectations that I'd win in your post, clearly showing your extreme bias in a plea to get my attention.

Don't worry, it doesn't matter now that BZ's judging, as his entire attitude toward me is at the very best a faint disdain of my general character, so I don't fear the same happening again.

6 years ago

I'm not saying someone has daddy issues, but...

6 years ago

Unsurprisingly, I'm not one of the many people who refer to End as Daddy. I'd look to Minnie and Thara if I was you.

6 years ago

Correct, there is. For instance, poetry. Because poetry is for faggots, and I am no one and thus would be confused by the whole ordeal. However, if any topic worth being written about comes up, you're well and truly fucked.

6 years ago
Don't be so down on yourself Steve. Sure, you're not anyone important, but calling yourself 'no one' is so emo.

6 years ago

How are those six storygames going, dollface? Back in the kitchen.

6 years ago
Three Days till the Official Start! ^v^

6 years ago
Why not make those the official three days for outlining and give us the theme now?

6 years ago
Et Tu Mizal? ;)

6 years ago

Hang on, did I ask you to do that? I don't think I did. Ah, my memory's shot.

6 years ago
I don't know, when was the last Irish Drinking Holiday?

6 years ago

Leaving Cert and hence six years of school ended Friday. That gaffer will never end.

6 years ago
Two...

6 years ago

*rips at hair*

6 years ago

Will there be a limit to how many submissions we can put in? 

6 years ago

I think this information will be included with the actual contest thread.

6 years ago
There is a limit to the entry fee, but no restriction on the number of submissions.

I suspect however, that more might actually be less in this case - where time could be spent really polishing a single entry, rather than churning out a bunch of WC chapter ones.

6 years ago
teehee I will participate (and submit something this time i swear) again :)

6 years ago
End should just preemptively take away your points and SHAME you.

6 years ago
Et Tu Mizal? ;)

6 years ago

That response doesn't work there, you jack off.

6 years ago
So toxic. *shudders*

6 years ago

Fuck off, shit head. Some dumb fucks need to be poisoned with some toxicity to get rid of them. It's the basis of chemo.

6 years ago
One...

6 years ago
thumb twiddling intensifies

6 years ago

Oh, lord. So sooooooon? >_< *cries in corner*

6 years ago

Yeah yeah, it's already the 30th in Australia, tell us the fucking theme.

6 years ago
The Contest starts in July.

6 years ago

Damn, I'm already on the 30th. *cue scenes of lamentation*

jinx

6 years ago

Now I'm really curious. Maybe I'll join too this time. Of course that depends on the theme...

6 years ago

Also, you have any idea as to when you'll be posting it tomorrow? Perhaps in the morning when you've been posting the countdown? Or maybe at night so you can have everyone wait as long as possible? 

6 years ago
Probably around 1400 Zulu Time. ^v^

6 years ago

It's the 30th in Zulu Time dammit, give me details! I want to know if I'm going to have to stop my gloating because you've picked something awful like ballads!

6 years ago
it'll be the first "super restricted" contest: educational ballad that rhymes and can be no more than 100 words. Allowed 2 entries but both entries have to rhyme with each other if you do two.

6 years ago

Put me down for 500 points!

6 years ago

Dang, can't wait to see what this is all about. It's been the 30th for 21 hours here in GMT + 7. Not sure if I'm gonna write on this one or not, hehehe...

6 years ago

Oh boy it's June 30th!

Now, what is the theme, entry rules and prizes.....

6 years ago

Prizes include BZ's personal user trophy and a contest winning trophy (which has been said in these posts).  Points are also commonly given.

Also, the theme will be WC fanfiction which has all the site members in romantic pairings, as furries, and in poetic verse  (to annoy Steve)... trust me.

6 years ago

Okay, I'll trust you!

6 years ago

im going to participate in this contest!

75-90

6 years ago
This is the third time you posted this message here. The contest thread is already up. Please go to this thread and post it there.

6 years ago
I mean it's only on the front page in giant red letters. Easy to miss.

6 years ago
I'm impressed myanana knows how to hyperlink but we still have members who can't fathom any other way of linking things than copy-pasting a plaintext url.

6 years ago
I do the latter when I'm on my phone and don't feel like inserting < br> into my post a bunch of times with auto-correct fighting me every step of the way just to save someone the dreadful inconvenience of copy and pasting once.

E: wow you are so patriotic today

6 years ago

sorry