Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Lazy Readers?

6 years ago
I've noticed a pretty sharp drop in the number of reviews and ratings on new stories. Even the tiny ones that are essentially free points and an excuse to make a child cry.

Site activity may just be a little slower in summer I suppose, but I see plenty of you logged in, and a review only takes a couple of minutes. So consider this just a little reminder of how important feedback is to authors; both for encouragement and advice and in enforcing site standards by pressing you boots down upon the faces of the lazy and illiterate.

A guarantee of detailed, honest feedback is kind of important as far as enticing the good kind of new authors to come here, as well. It's a little difficult to come by elsewhere on the web--I've looked.

Lazy Readers?

6 years ago

Just let me finish my shit and I'll have enough slackin' time to review people again.

Lazy Readers?

6 years ago

Yeah, I should post more reviewer, but time is actually limited for me unlike most of CYS' younger teenage demographic I'd bet.  Reviewing isn't at the top of me to-do list, but l suppose anything could help when you're the only consistent major reviewer (long ones) of new storygames.

Lazy Readers?

6 years ago

I'll definitely make the effort to read more CYOAs when time permits. I try to review nearly every CYOA I read, but I also tend to avoid reading altogether if I have a feeling it's going to be a trainwreck.

Lazy Readers?

6 years ago

A lot of the really active reviewers went unactive bout a year ago, shame. but yes I'll try better to review new games from now on as I also think feedback is very important.

Lazy Readers?

6 years ago
I have discovered anime recently and only visit here for the forums. Storygames in general have lost a lot of their appeal to me (i may be getting old) but I will probably return when Rogues arrives.

Lazy Readers?

6 years ago

Challenge accepted.